Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which type of cf card you all use.

Default Re: which type of cf card you all use.

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    Lifetime warranty of kingston is no good to me when I took shots at low temperature (around 5 degree) oven on their extreme line (which they claim can withstand up to freezing temperature, O degree celcius) and the content of the card is corrupted.
    They just replace the card for me, but my pictures are gone!

So what good is that?
    Sandisk is now my trusted choice, even when they only give warranty for 1 year.
    How do you ascertain that it is the card's fault, and not the camera's fault? Were you carrying two sets of cards of different brands?
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    How do you ascertain that it is the card's fault, and not the camera's fault? Were you carrying two sets of cards of different brands?
    All 4 of the faulty cards are kingston. 3 normal and 1 extreme.
    My friend lend me one of his sandisk and after than no problem anymore.
    I tried reformat using camera and that does not help, the problem does not go away.
    Capture and view on camera no problem. download to PC then jpg is corrupted, pop back to camera and cannot see preview of that image too.
    I switch brand to sandisk and no problem, so that is definitely not camera problem.

Someone steal those 4 cards or I dropped them somewhere, and I actually feed happy... strange huh.
    Last edited by aryanto; 17th December 2008 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    So Sandisk is gonna replace your pictures?
    None will. But sandisk withstand lower temperature than kingston from my experience.
    Your experience might be better, but that experience tell me no more kingston. I totally lost faith in that brand.

I drop my sandisk a few times and a couple even have small dents on it but it works fine. I have no idea if kingston would withstand that amount of abuse. I still have one 2GB card but will only take photo of warm climate area like singapore with that.
    Last edited by aryanto; 17th December 2008 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    All 4 of the faulty cards are kingston. 3 normal and 1 extreme.
    My friend lend me one of his sandisk and after than no problem anymore.
    I tried reformat using camera and that does not help, the problem does not go away.
    Capture and view on camera no problem. download to PC then jpg is corrupted, pop back to camera and cannot see preview of that image too.
    I switch brand to sandisk and no problem, so that is definitely not camera problem.

Someone steal those 4 cards or I dropped them somewhere, and I actually feed happy... strange huh.
    Wow. That's a horrible record! A few years ago I read about compatibility issues certain cameras had with certain cards. Not sure if such concerns are still valid today. FWIW, I've been a Kingston user for a few years already (I buy 4 to 8 cards per year), and I put them though quite heavy usage throughout the year, though admittedly not under extreme conditions (it survived a London winter holiday, though). I've had only one card, an early version Elite Pro, which died on me, but no probs since then.

One thing I've learnt: When plugged in to the PC via card reader, I must ALWAYS eject the card properly. In the past, I'd just yank the card out, and when I put another card in, BOTH cards would end up corrupted!
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Wow. That's a horrible record! A few years ago I read about compatibility issues certain cameras had with certain cards. Not sure if such concerns are still valid today. FWIW, I've been a Kingston user for a few years already (I buy 4 to 8 cards per year), and I put them though quite heavy usage throughout the year, though admittedly not under extreme conditions (it survived a London winter holiday, though). I've had only one card, an early version Elite Pro, which died on me, but no probs since then.

One thing I've learnt: When plugged in to the PC via card reader, I must ALWAYS eject the card properly. In the past, I'd just yank the card out, and when I put another card in, BOTH cards would end up corrupted!
    I never have such card corruption problems...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

I treated them like my own children. I do not rough handle them cos they are bought around same period as my first dslr. It is not like now where I sometimes could not care less. With regards to taking out yes I eject properly and never yank out.

Still now I do that but now sometimes eject while camera is still on which is not advisable but all my sandisk are still OK and never give me problem.

It could be batch problem since I bought similar site (not same time but similar period). What strikes me is that different model of kingston cf card give me same problem.
    Their customer service is pretty ok, no fuss, replace all of them, but I cannot trust the brand anymore after 4 CF card from them give me that problem.

just to give an example of my card setup,

I only go for value and so far they have not disappointed. Unless the camera actually is as fast as the memory card when writing/emptying the buffer onto the memory card, not really using the card full capability even if pay a premium.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    just to give an example of my card setup,

I only go for value and so far they have not disappointed. Unless the camera actually is as fast as the memory card when writing/emptying the buffer onto the memory card, not really using the card full capability even if pay a premium.
    These are SD not CF

2x Sandisk Extreme III 4gb
    1x Transcend 16gb, 133x.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1888 View Post
    Sandisk Extreme III 8gb @S$80.00
    my trusted choice for my S5
    Photographs doesn't arouse me, but the hard work it took to make them does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12