Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chronic Handshake

Default Re: Chronic Handshake

Quote Originally Posted by ardnirun View Post
    would like to meet more Alpha shooters..abit hard to relate problems with my friends especially when they use Canons and Nikons...
    the brand of the camera is irrelevant to the technique for avoiding handshake..

Quote Originally Posted by ssping83 View Post
    the brand of the camera is irrelevant to the technique for avoiding handshake..
    i cant relate sony problems to canon/nikon users can i?
    The Few...The PROUD...

you still don't get it, this is not a problem related to particular camera made or model, is about your understanding about basic photography.
    if you still try to shoot with a tele photo hand held using 1/15sec, no camera on earth will help you to get sharp pictures.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you still don't get it, this is not a problem related to particular camera made or model, is about your understanding about basic photography.
    if you still try to shoot with a tele photo hand held using 1/15sec, no camera on earth will help you to get sharp pictures.
    hehe...chronic misunderstanding

all my pictures were taken with iso 100...maybe should have put it at 200 as i'm abit scared of the noise with high iso..if it was a problem with sony..i would have said it straight..

don't get me wrong..i learn with each day i shoot...i already said it was a problem with my technique..

i just checked the exif on the shot that i took with the telephoto..
    Manual mode at 1/50sec but the iso was set to 400..gez I should have played with the ISO more from now on..next time for the street shots..I should have just set it to 200 or something...rather than sticking to 100..
    Last edited by ardnirun; 14th December 2008 at 10:37 PM.
    The Few...The PROUD...

all my pictures were taken with iso 100...maybe should have put it at 200 as i'm abit scared of the noise with high iso..if it was a problem with sony..i would have said it straight..

don't get me wrong..i learn with each day i shoot...i already said it was a problem with my technique..

Manual mode at 1/50sec but the iso was set to 400..gez I should have played with the ISO more from now on..next time for the street shots..I should have just set it to 200 or something...rather than sticking to 100..
    tell me which type of images are more usable? image with motion blur/ handshake? or noisy image?

anyway how bad can a noisy image be? of cause the noise will be more pronounce if you underexposed your images.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

it's ok. we learn from experience and mistakes. just remember to watch your shutter speed. i assume you also know the proper handholding techniques.

tell me which type of images are more usable? image with motion blur/ handshake? or noisy image?

anyway how bad can a noisy image be? of cause the noise will be more pronounce if you underexposed your images.
    can be pretty bad...and the noise reduction of the camera sometimes makes it worse...i still have to figure out what and where to meter b4 the shot...still figuring out midtones...

i suppose a noisy image would be more usable anytime...
    The Few...The PROUD...

Well, it's not a "Sony problem". Also, make sure you're not underexposing your pics.
    Alpha

can be pretty bad...and the noise reduction of the camera sometimes makes it worse...i still have to figure out what and where to meter b4 the shot...still figuring out midtones...

i suppose a noisy image would be more usable anytime...
    Bro, the sony people have makan a lot... Just come join us, we'll help figure out what's wrong.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Well, it's not a "Sony problem". Also, make sure you're not underexposing your pics.
    yeah..i know...its probably just me...i tend to rush through a shot
    The Few...The PROUD...

first of all, were the subjects moving?

were the subjects focus locked?

usually what i would do is pan the shots while keeping the subjects in focus.

Try to practice on moving and stationary cars.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Suggestion:-

Perhaps you can experiment more and find out the relationship bet ISO/Aperture/Shutter speed affects an image. 1/focal length is a guideline.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12