Last edited by cowmera; 18th December 2008 at 10:32 PM.
I'm a cow with a camera
Anyone else with similar problem of moisture entering weather-seal cameras?
D300/18-200 VR Combo (Lens on the whole time)
- Temperature in bus (26-28 degree)
- Heavy snowfall with strong winds and low temperature (-14 degree)
- Time spent outside 30 odd minutes
- Camera strap dripping wet in bus
- Temperature differences of 40 odd degrees
- Condensation inside top LCD panel and view finder
Wiping my camera dry was not an immediate option, as I had to settle my boys first. 2 minutes after boarding bus, condensation appear. I suspect the camera's weather seals and camera body had different rate of expansion and contraction (rubber via alloy), so the sudden temperature spike in the bus from the outside temperature, resulted in some moisture slipped through the 'cracks'.