Thread: Which door will you open?

Default Which door will you open?

I actually like this pic, don't know why. But staring at it long and hard, it may or may not work as an abstract. Well, pardon the corny title. Maybe someone can suggest a better title to suit the shot. I guess when I was taking the shot, the idea was just to get as many reflections as possible to create a repeating pattern.

Anyway, it's one of shots taken from the awesome AG series (awesome as in the outing, not my shots hor) More here

Please comment ... comment.
    Last edited by astroller; 13th September 2003 at 02:13 AM.

Deregistered

How about calling it "Hallucinations"?

Nice pix. Will be perfect if you'd gotten it balanced, as in, the mirror reflections exactly in the middle of the shot, with the additional lines on the wall equally balanced on top and bottom. Then darken it to give it a moody feel...

Quote Originally Posted by Azure
    How about calling it "Hallucinations"?

Nice pix. Will be perfect if you'd gotten it balanced, as in, the mirror reflections exactly in the middle of the shot, with the additional lines on the wall equally balanced on top and bottom. Then darken it to give it a moody feel...
    I actually had 3 shots. One of them out of focus. The other (as you can see below has fewer doors), thus I felt that the original one I posted had a "better effect".

However, what you suggested of getting the shot balanced fills that 'something missing' that I couldn't figure out what it was. Again not using bain. I guess what you meant is that, if I position myself in the middle, I would have created balance with more symmetrical lines. At the same time, I would have gotten a tighter crop, and losing the mirror frames and excess walls. Unless I have an ultra wide angle, I don't think I may capture the mirror frame had I position myself in the middle rather than from the side. However, I was also wondering if I should include the mirror frame or not. Maybe without the frames, the shot may become a better interpretation. Azure, is that what you meant?

"Hallucinations" sounds good. Before I posted the orginal, I was thinking along the lines of something from "Alice In Wonderland". But too bad, I forgot enough of the story to draw any phase from it.

Too bad I won't be going back there alone to take another shot - too scary!

Anymore comments or faults, please feel free to add on!

Default Alternative View

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by astroller
    Too bad I won't be going back there alone to take another shot - too scary!
    ?huh?
    because of this?

Deregistered

Anyway, here's a cropped and modified variant of the shot.
    Hope you like it....

Heavier moody toning, plus a dash of simulated higher-ISO noise.
    Add the goat's carcass... hmmm roast lamb!!!
    (uh... lame joke...)
    Last edited by Azure; 12th September 2003 at 10:14 PM.

Wow. I like this mod one much much better!!! Really gives me the creeps