Thread: Economy bad....any more new L lens or selling away your favourite ?

Default Economy bad....any more new L lens or selling away your favourite ?

with respect to the spending power of youngster i would like to start a thread on how working generation feel about the recent economic tsunami.

any people with feedbacks on Year End Bonus, pay cuts, retrench etc....

most importantly i would appreciate to hear from those in the government sector how much impact has the economic badness strike their every day life style and what they know about the recent issue...

just a topic to discuss can shout but is not educated to be personal.

Thomas

Default Re: Economy bad....any more new L lens or selling away your favourite ?

i tot theres gg to be some discussions on buy/selling L lenses...

economy is bad. but still need to get tools to get the work done right ?

50mm 1.2L ? anyone has one to let go ?

economy is so bad that friend and me even have the thoughts of selling our favourite to fund in for some others house hold expenses.

Personally I'd think Photography is a hobby. L Lens, Trinity Lens, G SSM Lens.... These are definitely nice lenses to have no doubt, having used these at least once, one time or another made me nod my head in firm approval and a thumbs up.

However, I think one should just sit up and take note of how much they are actually spending on their hobbies. If it comes to the point where during a short recession cycle one have to actually start selling their stuff to fund necessities, they had probably overspent on their hobbies in the first place.

The same question returns, does one really, really need Ls, Trinities and G SSM lenses to take that one picture that everyone will go WOW. We all speak about resolving power of lenses, how many hundred megapixels, and perhaps go into microscopic details on each photo. But does the average or even the expert viewer of one's photos actually uses a magnifying glass to scrutinise each and every detail? Or do they step back according to the proper viewing distance that was intended for the photo and comment on the merit of the photo itself?

I'm probably going to piss off a lot of people with that above paragraph, I'm even expecting some PMs asking me if I'm a cocksuckin' minion of espn whatsoever. But still, if everyone would just think for a little while.

Everyone says lenses are tools, so I'd think that we should be using these tools as a way to earn some money. But if you need money desperately, then by all means, sell your favorite lens.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr