Thread: bottle tree park

Default bottle tree park

Took this pic at bottle tree park, Yishun. It was raining and was ready to capture the sunset. It was a little dark out there but I manage to snap this sunset at the park. All I can say is that I'm still amateur in photography and still learning to be a better photographer.

c&c welcome
    Last edited by amsyari; 11th December 2008 at 02:35 PM.

Default Re: bottle tree park

u have to post a short writeup first. Quick do it before your thread gets deleted. Read the stickies
    Leica IIIa [Skopar 25mm, Jupiter 8, Industar 61, Jupiter 11,], canonetql17, Himatic7sII

It looks like there is slight tilt but I guess it is because of perspective.
    Anw, were the clouds really like this? Or did you do some extra work to it?

IMO your picture lacks a clear focal point. Nothing to attract a viewer's attention, actually. The sunset isn't strong as well. If not for the clouds I guess this would be a pretty bland photo. Why not try framing it further left such that more of the orange sky could be included in the frame?

Not forgetting, you need a writeup too.

the sky looks fantastic in this photo
    I like the composition of the sky in this manner.
    I wonder how you acheived this.

Would've been nicer if there was a boat in the water in the foreground (bottom right).
    Also should try some HDR to bring up the exposure of the building.
    Exploring! :)

personally, i prefer if the bottom reflection is cropped off a bit, thus bringing the horizon lower...

not sure how to grab your pic to modify it, so i didn't do it...

and oh yeah...love the mood of the pic as well as the clouds...
    G

Would prefer if u increase the exposure time.. thus casuing the water to be more still.. and perhaps, a tighter crop will look better. =)

The sky looks....well it looks strange, and I feel that the sun is too near the edge of the frame. Bringing it in a little further may reduce the "insignificance" that it is being given in the composition.

There's this strange sudden drop in contrast from the left to right side of frame. It just disturbs me. I don't know what you did to the image in post but there is a distinct contrast gradation from the left portion, where the dramatic sky is, to the blander, right portion.

In fact, the right half of the frame holds not much of an interesting element, Perhaps this is one image you could have approached with a portrait orientation, seeing that the dramatic sky is mostly on the right.

Thanks guys for your comments, I will work it out...