Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Law Suits by Models against Photogs?

Default Re: Law Suits by Models against Photogs?

i agree with vince. i see legal precedent in the making if the models succeed. which they will not.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wibblo View Post
    heard from lawyer fren there is now an increasing number of cases of "models" suing their photogs for unauthorised usage of their photos....

better take precautions ye all...
    Like that also can that means it will be better if an agreement is signed between models and photographers. I was told to use models release form for my shoots.
    Support my Theme Shoots!

vince123123
    Guests

Its quite strange how people think of model release forms as an instrument to impose obligations on the photographer (and perhaps also the model, as a side effect), when in fact, model release forms are intended to release obligations on the photographer (hence the term model release). I guess too many people rely on internet research and a mishmash of imperfect recollection and then gelling everything together as a misimpression.

Anyway, look for a lawyer is best I'll support this move hahah

just an update.....also not much...

lawyer fren says its something in progress which he is handling hence he cannot divulge....sorry all
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Too much speculation and rumours. Until I see a reported court judgment, I won't pay too much heed in these.
    Agree with you whole heartly.................

Quote Originally Posted by Wibblo View Post
    just an update.....also not much...

lawyer fren says its something in progress which he is handling hence he cannot divulge....sorry all
    Something a lawyer would always say........

I have many lawyer friends also say the same thing but it's all.................AIR TALK.

Few weeks ago , I read newspaper about a photographer website has underage XMM lingerie pics etc. Some of the pics shooting from "below"....etc . I heard 1 of the model damn pissed off .. Maybe this case ?

vince123123
    Guests

Since cannot say, then its treated as non-existent. Hence, there are, as far as we are aware here, no law suits by models against photographers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12