Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Law Suits by Models against Photogs?

Default Law Suits by Models against Photogs?

heard from lawyer fren there is now an increasing number of cases of "models" suing their photogs for unauthorised usage of their photos....

better take precautions ye all...
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

Default Re: Law Suits by Models against Photogs?

huh?
    what sort of hearsay is that?
    last time I checked Singapore didn't have privacy laws

from horses' mouth...lawyer fren who is handling some cases liao....not hearsay
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

It'll be interesting to see how it turn out

Unless there's already a contract / model release signed and the photographer broke the terms, it may be an uphill battle
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

These cases may be a bit hard to say one ... because we have absolutely no idea of the nature of the cases.

I would imagine that there might be more than a few 'I not happy with so and so, so I sue lor' kinda situations.

Well, either way, the winning party is the lawyer, win or lose still get paid
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

vince123123
    Guests

Too much speculation and rumours. Until I see a reported court judgment, I won't pay too much heed in these.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Well, either way, the winning party is the lawyer, win or lose still get paid
    Yah lor! Every game sure got one winner mah!

Echos of Abba's 'The winner takes it all' plays in distant BG then fades ...

Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

once I get more info eg. settlement (unless confidential)...will update

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    That has been going on forever.

Besides, it's not the photographer who wrongfully used the photographs, unless there was an agreement between parties not to put the photographs online.

I would welcome the model to file suite. Then, the strong arm of the law, and those who has money to bank roll the lawsuit will be putting their weight onto whomever leeched the images and post them on "other" forums.

It took me a grand total of less then 100 minutes to have both the forum and the hosting site responding to me positively. What I like is a private chat with "whomever".

Anyway, to TS, can you shed more lights on what these lawsuits really are?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I would welcome the model to file suite. Then, the strong arm of the law, and those who has money to bank roll the lawsuit will be putting their weight onto whomever leeched the images and post them on "other" forums.

It took me a grand total of less then 100 minutes to have both the forum and the hosting site responding to me positively. What I like is a private chat with "whomever".

The nature of content aside... I believe most host/admins respect copyright claims.

It's the "whomever" that deserves to be lynched for leeching.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post

Lawyer fren in court now....will try to get him to divulge info as soon as he relents...

Quote Originally Posted by Wibblo View Post
    Lawyer fren in court now....will try to get him to divulge info as soon as he relents...
    geez, cant u do it after the case is settled? dun bug him so much mah.

The nature of content aside... I believe most host/admins respect copyright claims.

It's the "whomever" that deserves to be lynched for leeching.
    Most admins will act on copyrights problems swiftly and fairly, even our infamous SB. There are a few who will not, and in my experiences, China and Taiwan sites/forums are the worst, and a few blogs.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Maybe it is a commercial issue.

Things like photog shoots model A. Model A finds that her pic lands up in some publication of which she has no knowledge of. She does not get part of the royalaties, blah, blah, blah. Cannot settle out of court so settle in court.

Me thinks unlikely copyright. If it is copyright, the photog should sue the offender instead.

Just see how things turn out.

just a thought. Will we see a case of photog suing model?

Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    just a thought. Will we see a case of photog suing model?
    Why not? It's possible.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Wibblo View Post
    heard from lawyer fren there is now an increasing number of cases of "models" suing their photogs for unauthorised usage of their photos....

better take precautions ye all...
    mmmm buy personal liability insurance to cover their risks?? is there such thing?
    5D MKII,1000D,16-35mm f/2.8 L USMII,75-300mm,18-55mm,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast