Thread: Spy lens

Default Spy lens

Candid shots of people just living their lives and doing real things completely unaware that they were on camera. The Super-Secret Spy Lens($50), which is basically a periscope that attaches your SLR's zoom lens, allows your point that zoom lens as a "fake out" object. It uses a secret cut-out on the side and a precision mirror assembly inside to let you point the real subjects. It swivels 360 degrees, you can shoot left, right, up, or down, all while appearing to shoot straight ahead.

: P : P : P

Default Re: Spy lens

Kewl looking!

This device from the 60s or 70s has already been discussed in CS recently.

I think in today's times, most people are highly sensitive to camera-totting people, especially with big dslrs. I, for one, feel uneasy when someone nearby whips out a dslr and pretends to aim building corners, but aims at street folks whenever the chance.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

pity the uncle who got slammed for using his spy lens (mobile phone) to take sexy skaters.....this DSLR lagi prominent
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

Quote Originally Posted by silverfish View Post

Candid shots of people just living their lives and doing real things completely unaware that they were on camera. The Super-Secret Spy Lens($50), which is basically a periscope that attaches your SLR's zoom lens, allows your point that zoom lens as a "fake out" object. It uses a secret cut-out on the side and a precision mirror assembly inside to let you point the real subjects. It swivels 360 degrees, you can shoot left, right, up, or down, all while appearing to shoot straight ahead.

: P : P : P
    saw it before but but but....no flame wars intended..must put on nikon camera ah..nikonians need to be so discreet meh..wahahha go up shoot them in the face

hha.. actually i thought the big hole there is quite obvious : P

Quote Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
    hha.. actually i thought the big hole there is quite obvious : P
    thats to get their attention! they will wonder "what a stupid lens is that with a hole!" then you can capture their surprised look

just tell them "like an engine....camera upon a period of usage gets hot...so the hole is like an exhaust pipe..to let the hot air out one"
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5