Thread: Front Focus with Centre AF in view finder, but no FF with Liveview

Default Front Focus with Centre AF in view finder, but no FF with Liveview

Hi guys

My virgin post but I have been lurking around
    Am amateurish but def no newb
    so u can assume im not confusing narrow DOF for focusing issues or handshake causing blurness

I noticed these FF issues on my camera
    d450d with 17-55 2.8

1. when im using the centre AF point at max 2.8 focusing at near min distance
    there is some FF , HOWEVER, when i use the live view without moving the camera (camera is stationary on tripod) to focus using the magnification, there is no FF

2. when im using the camera in identical issues at f/2.8 vs f/4.0. there are no FF with f/4.0 but there is a mild but very consistent issue at f/2.8. I do not think im confusing the greater depth of field with f4.0 but this may be a possibility i must admit

3. i have noticed similar issues with tamron 17-50 but no issues using 70-200 L F4 IS nor 55-250mm IS

4. Hence my suspicion is that the centre AF of my 450d is kinda screwy using standard wide zooms. Body fault?

Please advise thank you
    !

Default Re: Front Focus with Centre AF in view finder, but no FF with Liveview

f2.8 Live View to focus

f 2.8 centre AF

f 4 centre AF

camera was on stable support so shutter speed while low is not an issue

i just chose 3 random shots because the results are consistent.. ie taken like 20-30 shots for each setting all quite consistent