Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christians on Clubsnap

Default Re: Christians on Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i think the mods are allowing it but are keeping a close watch.

i noticed one post earlier missing.
    Yeah. I noticed that also.

These kinds of threads just opens itself up for abuse, or at least controversial debate. Where do we draw the line? Can CS members start a dedicated thread on Islam? Buddhism? Sikhism? Everybody will claim the right to opinion, whether it be for or against a religion. Then what? Don't agree, then don't come in? Leading to exclusivity of a thread?

For example, since this thread is about churches, and if I personally do not like the way a particular church is run, am I free to express myself here?

Of course, I reiterate, this is merely the opinion of one person, but although I feel that we all should have the right to believe whatever we choose to believe in, a photography forum is hardly the place for such discussions. Before long, we're going to have "All (insert name of religion) Photographers Fall In!" threads all over the place.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Thanks all. Sorry to mods.
    Don't intend this to be religious discussion, just advise.
    Please PM in the future guys.
    Will go and check out the few that you guys have mentioned.Thanks

Celine

Wow liao..Kelvin, what happened to you. not the Kelvin I remembered from union. haha.

The gist here is just to recommend, they are NOT free to discuss or complain or express what they don't like about other church. Anyhow....I can't paste it up on a church forum, coz I don't know of any. how have you been anyway dude! We should catch up again sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    Yeah. I noticed that also.

These kinds of threads just opens itself up for abuse, or at least controversial debate. Where do we draw the line? Can CS members start a dedicated thread on Islam? Buddhism? Sikhism? Everybody will claim the right to opinion, whether it be for or against a religion. Then what? Don't agree, then don't come in? Leading to exclusivity of a thread?

For example, since this thread is about churches, and if I personally do not like the way a particular church is run, am I free to express myself here?

Of course, I reiterate, this is merely the opinion of one person, but although I feel that we all should have the right to believe whatever we choose to believe in, a photography forum is hardly the place for such discussions. Before long, we're going to have "All (insert name of religion) Photographers Fall In!" threads all over the place.

wah....a new identity for u!

another catholic here btw. in the music ministry at st ignatius.

What I'm trying to find is not the name of a church, but the culture of the different churches, their strength and weaknesses, etc.
    For example, some churches emphasis is on grace, some on teachings, some on the good news, etc. It's not hard to go and find a list of churches in Singapore, and yes, while I do think it's wise to visit the church to see for myself, would like to hopefully get some views and ideas of the culture of your church before I go. Hopefully, that will narrow my search. This would of course mean I need to hear from people who are active in their church community.

I'm currently feeling way to comfortable in my church and not challenged, so looking for a place that will challenge me to grow....

Also, if you know of any church forums, please let me know.....then I'll know where to go to seek for answers.

Thanks for your PMs. Some of you have been very helpful.

Please PM - help make moderators jobs easier..and I'll get the information/recommendations I need. Win win situation!

<also want to say thank you to moderators for not closing the thread. Synapsemen, i see your point...but I don't think things will go that drastic...I hope not at least. Maybe being naive, but like to trust that clubsnappers here will hopefully be mature enough to know right from wrong (or that might be wishful thinking. shrugs :P>
    Last edited by Eadon; 11th December 2008 at 11:33 PM.

Well, synapseman will always be synapseman. I have very poor short term memory. I just talk about the issues at hand, no personal agenda (notice I don't mention any names here). I don't know of any Christian forums, not local ones at least. Maybe you can try sgforums.com. There really anything goes, I think. So far, this thread seems decent because I think the mods have been doing their job in deleting offensive posts (there has been at least one so far).

If a discussion about cameras can lead to an all out heated war about camera brands, what makes you think discussion about religion won't attract similar arguments? Religion is a highly personal thing, and I'm sure there are people just waiting for the opportunity to stir up some ****. TS intentions may be innocuous, but the tendency for OT in kopitiam is quite high.

I'm not anti-religion, but I still maintain that religion should not be discussed at this kopitiam because it may set a precedence.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    Well, synapseman will always be synapseman. I have very poor short term memory. I just talk about the issues at hand, no personal agenda (notice I don't mention any names here). I don't know of any Christian forums, not local ones at least. Maybe you can try sgforums.com. There really anything goes, I think. So far, this thread seems decent because I think the mods have been doing their job in deleting offensive posts (there has been at least one so far).

If a discussion about cameras can lead to an all out heated war about camera brands, what makes you think discussion about religion won't attract similar arguments? Religion is a highly personal thing, and I'm sure there are people just waiting for the opportunity to stir up some ****. TS intentions may be innocuous, but the tendency for OT in kopitiam is quite high.

I'm not anti-religion, but I still maintain that religion should not be discussed at this kopitiam because it may set a precedence.
    I am not a Christian. However as long as it does no harm, I think it is Ok to discuss. Good to hear view from all.

I am only against preaching.

Quote Originally Posted by g-khoo View Post
    Indeed.

But i guess as long as there is no discrimination, "touting" of sorts etc it should be fine?

Im from new crea btw..
    zhun boh?
    flickr | Tangshooters

Quote Originally Posted by Eadon View Post
    Just wondering, how many Christians/Catholics are there on Clubsnap?
    Looking for a new church next year...seeking a preferably close-knit community that is focused on biblical teaching.

Anyone goes to Church of our saviour here????
    It's good to go church 'shopping' but do eventually settle down in one.
    Whichever church you go ... Sundays sermons usually not enuff 'feeding'.
    If you want solid bible study and fellowship join a cell/care group.
    End of day ...if your heart is after God ..he will lead and guide you to the right church.

Quote Originally Posted by g-khoo View Post
    Indeed.

But i guess as long as there is no discrimination, "touting" of sorts etc it should be fine?

Im from new crea btw..
    den sooner or later CS become religious battleground for new members? that fine?

Quote Originally Posted by myloplex View Post
    It's good to go church 'shopping' but do eventually settle down in one.
    Whichever church you go ... Sundays sermons usually not enuff 'feeding'.
    If you want solid bible study and fellowship join a cell/care group.
    End of day ...if your heart is after God ..he will lead and guide you to the right church.
    Agree with the that. definitely planning on joining a cell group, but the purpose was to find what the parishioners are like, hopefully. Definitely want solid bible study.

Anyhow, going to lock this thread. Think I have gotten some pretty good information already and I thank all for it. Feel free to continue PMing me all, if you want to offer more advice.
    Thanks so much.

Mods- thank you for your patience.

Warmest Regards,
    Eadon
    Last edited by Eadon; 12th December 2008 at 03:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12