Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Studio Model Shoot - Oct 4 & 18

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Studio Model Shoot - Oct 4 & 18

    Hi I am organizing studio model photo shoot on October 4 & 18, if you are interested to join, pm or email or sms me.

    Date : Oct 4 & 18 (Saturday)
    Time : 2-6pm
    Location : studio
    Cost : $60 per photog per shoot
    Ratio : max 8 photogs to 1 model; each photog will have 2 sessions, each session will be 10 minutes.

    Here is some fine details about the studio model shoot:

    Details about the model: we hire professional model, with proper make-up and clothing, typically 1 set of formal and 1 set of casual.

    Details about the studio: the shooting area is 14 feet wide and 26 feet long, with 10 feet celing height, we have 3x Bowen studio flash and 3x color backdrop paper (grey/black/white), and some props, the photog just need to bring the camera with his fav lens, we will provide a Infra-red trigger and sync cord.

    Details about the shooting: the shooting is on a queue system, meaning 1 photog will shoot first, while the rest 7 will stay away in another room. Each photog will have 10 minutes on his own with the model, he will need to guide the model to pose whatever he likes, and communicate directly with the model. This is like a 1-to-1 session shoot. After the 1st round is completed, we will ask the model to change to 2nd clothing and we will also change the lighting and backdrop color and start the 2nd round. (another 10 minutes)

    What do you do when you are not shooting and just waiting: we provide many photo magazines and fashion magazines for everyone to read, or you can go outside to smoke your cigarette, but in our past shoots, most people would just sit around and chit-chat about photography & equipment. Afterall this is our common interest.

    What basic equipment you need: you need a camera with either a hot-shoe or a x-sync connector, and a lens, and some films or memory cards, and some batterys, everything else will be provided by the studio.

    Whether you are beginners or experienced photogs, all are welcome! pm or email or sms me.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Namelist for Oct model shoot.

    Oct 4:
    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.
    7.
    8.

    Oct 18:
    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.
    7.
    8.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Seng Kang Town
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Had received ur PM abt this.

    But I got no experience shooting in studio. Will Newbie be guided ? and What Lens should I use?

  4. #4

    Default

    newbies uses canon EOS 10D ?


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Seng Kang Town
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pisces25
    newbies uses canon EOS 10D ?

    I am very new in SLR.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix
    Had received ur PM abt this.

    But I got no experience shooting in studio. Will Newbie be guided ? and What Lens should I use?
    Me and my partner will set up the light and background. You only need to direct the model to pose. You have a few options:
    1. Cut out magazine photos and show to the model; or
    2. Ask the model to pose freely and you shoot along the way; or
    3. Ask me or my partner to stay while you shoot, we can give a few pointers, when are you ok, you can chase me out.

  7. #7
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    As spoken, am interested but using webcam and torchlight

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    As spoken, am interested but using webcam and torchlight
    Yours is not a webcam lah, I was using Sony F717 when I started the studio shoot 6 months ago. And some of our members are using Fuji S602. Don't worry.

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    *espn covers his eyes and signs in blood...

    Namelist for Oct model shoot.

    Oct 4:
    1. espn
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.
    7.
    8.

    Oct 18:
    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.
    7.
    8.

  10. #10

    Default

    Is there any particular theme for this shoot?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sausage
    Is there any particular theme for this shoot?
    This is a normal studio model shoot, we hire the model, set up studio lighting, and shoot all the way. Normally the first 10 minutes is casual dress and high key, the second 10 minutes is formal long dress and low key.

  12. #12

    Default

    im interested

    but den i feel 10mins is kinda short...im new to this sort of photography and im afraid i might not be able to make full use of the 10mins


    ahahah

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    This is a normal studio model shoot, we hire the model, set up studio lighting, and shoot all the way. Normally the first 10 minutes is casual dress and high key, the second 10 minutes is formal long dress and low key.
    dun mind me what's high and low key?

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AqUaRiU5
    im interested
    but den i feel 10mins is kinda short...im new to this sort of photography and im afraid i might not be able to make full use of the 10mins
    ahahah
    Long or short is relative. If you prepare well in advance, know what you gonna shoot, then 10 minutes is just nice. Statistically, in most of our studio shoots, ppl shoot about 1 roll of 36 exposures in 10 minutes.

    I can tell you are anxious, "i feel 10mins is kinda short" vs "im afraid i might not be able to make full use of the 10mins"

    Dont worry, we are a bunch of friendly guys and shooting for fun only. The main purpose is for individual photographers to build up their own portfolios. (another purpose is to get all photographers together to spend another lazy Sat afternoon debating Nikon vs Canon, digital vs film, you know, that kind of endless and harmless debate. )

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zodnm
    dun mind me what's high and low key?
    Perhaps you can find your answers from Clubsnap website? Here is the link:

    http://www.clubsnap.org/display.php?...sary/index.htm

  16. #16
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    *rubs hands in glee* Wooo debate Nikon VS Canon?

    *thinking of smashing all the Canon cameras there* Just kidding.

    10mins with studio lighting I presume the AF should be faster, I hope I can do it.

    *jumps into the yellow river*


  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Long or short is relative. If you prepare well in advance, know what you gonna shoot, then 10 minutes is just nice. Statistically, in most of our studio shoots, ppl shoot about 1 roll of 36 exposures in 10 minutes.

    I can tell you are anxious, "i feel 10mins is kinda short" vs "im afraid i might not be able to make full use of the 10mins"

    Dont worry, we are a bunch of friendly guys and shooting for fun only. The main purpose is for individual photographers to build up their own portfolios. (another purpose is to get all photographers together to spend another lazy Sat afternoon debating Nikon vs Canon, digital vs film, you know, that kind of endless and harmless debate. )

    hahahha
    yeah quite true...anxious and inexperienced...hehe...what do u think i should be prepared for?

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AqUaRiU5
    hahahha
    yeah quite true...anxious and inexperienced...hehe...what do u think i should be prepared for?
    Read up some woman magazines like Elle, Cleo, etc. Focus on the photos and think how the pose was done. You can also prastice yourself in front of a mirror, then on the shoot day, show the model how to do it. She will have more confidence in you when you demonstrate the pose directly.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    As spoken, am interested but using webcam and torchlight
    what is yr equipment anyway ?

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Read up some woman magazines like Elle, Cleo, etc. Focus on the photos and think how the pose was done. You can also prastice yourself in front of a mirror, then on the shoot day, show the model how to do it. She will have more confidence in you when you demonstrate the pose directly.
    hmmm

    by the way u organise your model shoots...i have this perception that you are a professional studio photographer..hahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •