Thread: A New Nikon User

Default A New Nikon User

hi..got my nikon D40x not long ago..am learning alot from this forum and hope to join some outings to learn from the old birds here...feel free to pm me to invite me along outings if permits...my gears are as of my signature..am thinking of investing in a 50mm F1.8
    D200|D40x|18-55mmVR|55-200mmVR|50mm F1.8D|Sigma APO 70-300mm F4-5.6|SB-800|Manfrotto 190XPROB+488RC2

Default Re: A New Nikon User

Quote Originally Posted by DjThugs View Post
    hi..got my nikon D40x not long ago..am learning alot from this forum and hope to join some outings to learn from the old birds here...feel free to pm me to invite me along outings if permits...my gears are as of my signature..am thinking of investing in a 50mm F1.8
    Hi to u
    5D MKII,1000D,16-35mm f/2.8 L USMII,75-300mm,18-55mm,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Quote Originally Posted by DjThugs View Post
    welcome to clubsnap and do feel free to sign up for the many outings and gatherings organised by members from time to time. you could also sign up for paid sessions as well.

as for the 50/1.8, it's not a lens for everyone. if you can borrow one and have a run with it before deciding. if not it's quite affordable.

Welcome to CS

READ MORE --- if you searched for the older threads on this subject...
    SHOOT more
    Post more

you'll know that there are limitations for a AF lens used with the D40. See if you can live with it.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post

you'll know that there are limitations for a AF lens used with the D40.
    Hi, is it because the f/1.8 is not an auto focus lens? a bit confused here...
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gnohz View Post
    Hi, is it because the f/1.8 is not an auto focus lens? a bit confused here...
    thanks
    It is AF on the other bodies, but the D40 and D60's does not have a focusing motor to turn the focusing screw on the lens. Thus you can only MF with these AF or AF-D lenses.

You can only AF with AF-S lenses which has a focusing motor built into the lens.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    It is AF on the other bodies, but the D40 and D60's does not have a focusing motor to turn the focusing screw on the lens. Thus you can only MF with these AF or AF-D lenses.

You can only AF with AF-S lenses which has a focusing motor built into the lens.
    If you are interested in getting a 50mm, suggest you wait for the new AFS 50mm to come out.

http://www.nikon.com.sg/announcement...104-59d702e2b5

When coming out???? -> Should be around X'mas time.

This new prime lens was designed for use for the D40, D40x and D60 cameras which require AFS lenses in order to get the AF to work.
    | Nikon D700; AF-S 14-24 f/2.8GED; AF 20 f/2.8D; AF 50 f/1.4D; SB400| Tamron AF 28-75 f/2.8 A09NII|

hi welcome to CS
    Nikon D300|50mm|Sigma 24-70mm|Sony CX7|LX3|Multiply /Foto

thanks for the info and welcoming guys...well..i'd sign up on outings..but if u guys ever organise...do invite me..haha...thanks
    D200|D40x|18-55mmVR|55-200mmVR|50mm F1.8D|Sigma APO 70-300mm F4-5.6|SB-800|Manfrotto 190XPROB+488RC2

hey dude, looks like we got the same rig! well, almost. cheers.. maybe we could get together for some shoots and go for coffee dude!
    “The soul can not think without a picture.” Aristotle.

hi & welcome onboard
    Nikon D600 / D750

Quote Originally Posted by noob sniper View Post
    hi & welcome onboard
    and enjoy your flight

hey thugs, sorry havent contact u to meet up at 201. haha. i got the 50mm, can lend u to try first if u want

welcome, brother. my warning to you- Clubsnap is addictive, browsing at your own risk.

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by prolensdreamer View Post
    welcome, brother. my warning to you- Clubsnap is addictive, browsing at your own risk.

cheers.
    hahahhaa agree with it...

just cant stop bbb!
    D80, LX3
    50/1.8, 18-135, 35/2, 80-200/2.8, lensbaby 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by shuhry81 View Post
    hey dude, looks like we got the same rig! well, almost. cheers.. maybe we could get together for some shoots and go for coffee dude!
    no problem...contact me at 923735999 or add me on msn at brendantherock@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by insanekvn View Post
    and enjoy your flight
    i'll enjoy it...i have 2 hobbies..and enough to kill me...my love for guitars has killed me alot..now into photography..sigh..and i aint talking about those cheap epiphone or squiers..haha

Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    hey thugs, sorry havent contact u to meet up at 201. haha. i got the 50mm, can lend u to try first if u want
    i dun mind if u wanna lend me try..haha...but do meet up soon..i'd rather meet a new friend than just have a new lens to try..cheers dude...my contact is above..add me and contact me soon..take care..