Thread: Need help with corrupted SD Card

Default Need help with corrupted SD Card

Hi guys, I have a question to ask.

Does anyone know of any free softwares that can retrieve files(or photos) from a damaged or corrupted SD card? This is the second time that it's happened!

For the first time, I used this shareware(which I can't remember and find) that didn't need installation, it's just like a Microsoft Dos kinda browser that gets to work straight away. Anyone able to give some advice or help? I do need to know some possibilities to why it's happening again.

Thanks!

Default Re: Need help with corrupted SD Card

try photorec or testdisk on google. http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download btw, it sounds as if you have a fake SD there, never reliable and i don't condone using them either, but this software will do. tried and tested.
    Last edited by shuhry81; 10th December 2008 at 10:51 PM.
    “The soul can not think without a picture.” Aristotle.

Check the card thoroughly after recovering and saving your pictures. A good test is to format the card, then fully load the card with files (use whatever you have, mp3, jpg, whatever..) and see if there are any errors. Afterward copy all files back and check for errors. Fake cards will reveal errors quite soon.

Which brand you use ?

Just want to avoid buying.
    Better to be safe than sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Which brand you use ? Just want to avoid buying. Better to be safe than sorry
    If you ask enough people you'll get stories about broken cards from pretty all brands. It's rather a question about service and replacement. The big names will give you guarantee and replacement, combined with recovery tools (e.g. Sandisk).
    Single components are bound to fail. If you want to be save then you have to spend money and time on a proper data concept (multiple cards, backup to disks etc).

issit sandisk?
    afaik, sandisk had distributed a batch of corruptive cards... i had one of the SDHC 4GB cards, went to change

they exchange the sandisk class 2 for a lexar class 6 for me =D