Thread: scenic rugby field?

Default scenic rugby field?

hihi, anyone out there know of any good rugby fields in singapore (in schools, public, whatever) that have scenic backgrounds?

ok, doesnt have to be wonderfully scenic but a break from the ubiquitous blocky buildings in the background would be nice. could be trees and stuff, but as long as there are no such distractions, please let me know!

thank you!

p/s: i'm not really very interested in the playability of the field. so far i've thought of the acjc field but the background has the awning-ed walkway and the sajc field but theres the canal and the highway behind.

Default Re: scenic rugby field?

the old NIE? buildings not as tall but i can't really say its a nice scene too near SBG, opposite got some greenery but has some nursery there i think..

yeah, i thought of that. but one end of the field is the hockey complex and the other faces the road. do you remember if the other end's trees are quite dense?
    the nursery's on the left of the field, if youre facing the hockey pitch.

darn. i would love to take some photos with the try line and goal, but no crappy background.

Quote Originally Posted by pfurr View Post
    yeah, i thought of that. but one end of the field is the hockey complex and the other faces the road. do you remember if the other end's trees are quite dense?
    the nursery's on the left of the field, if youre facing the hockey pitch.

darn. i would love to take some photos with the try line and goal, but no crappy background.
    haha sorry to say this but the thought came to my mind right after photoshop..set up a seamless background lol

anyway sorry cant help you other than the nie that i know of. the field at old turf club is for soccer only right?

whoa! seamless background. will die la! haha.

the swiss club one? yeah, i think soccer.

thanks anw!

farrer road? saint andrews artifical turf? temasek poly artificial turf?.... i think the turf city one is the best of the lot... but u have to walk a long way in to get to it.... very big open area that might suit your description.

ooh. is it like deep inside of turf city? the actual old race field? the only field i know near turf city is the swiss club one.

anyone? help?

yes it is inside the old turf city... best chance to get a shot that you want from your description.

is it near the shopping center and grandstand? because i only know theres that, the used car salesplaces and the cross country track. is it the middle of the paddock?

Yes. You might want to watch your footwear though.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

sprichst du Deutsch?

so, in the middle of the race course at turf club is a rugby field? with the posts?

There is a field, but as to whether there are rugby posts, I cannot remember. Sorry, afraid I can't help you there.

Some Sundays, you might find lots of kids having their little league football practice, if I recall.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

yes there is. its always there

a good one is the uwc campus at dover..nt sure if u can access it tho.

Old Police Academy? I find the academy buildings built low, and the very nice Pierce (Central Catchment) hills rising up behind.
    5D MII w/16-35L,Sigma 28-70&Nikkors(35f2,85f1.4,105f2.5,180f2.8ED)

yeah but if i take somebody standing in front of the building i can still see the buildings.

anw, problem solved! went to check out the turf club rugby field yesterday and although its quite inaccessible, the background to the field is gorgeous.

thanks all for your kind and wonderful suggestions!