Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 68

Thread: Do we need permission to shoot publicly?

  1. #41
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    i think depends on luck too, previously i was observing a electronic game shootout by students. I noticed there was a photo shoot (studio lights, models, etc) behind an abandoned building which was just across the gurkha's patrol station.

    Some approached the photographer, i believe to ask him pack up and go. But after awhile, the photographer was still shooting, the authorities called for backup. I didn't hang around to watch, as the electronic shooting game was over and packing up.
    yea that time i was there the kids never got disturbed...then again i didn't see any patrol.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  2. #42
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by pfurr View Post
    but i'm quite curious to note. like take for example the case of takashimaya. the floor tiles outside the building were put there by taka, thereby probably meaning that the land's obviously taka's. so will that mean that they can chase you away too? will that then be considered property of taka and therefore, you still have to obey their bylaws? i mean, to me, thats considered public. but i may be wrong of course.

    i saw a japanese film crew filming there before for hours and hours once - doing crazy things. and their assistants were constantly diverting human traffic thereby causing some kind of 'disturbance'.

    and would you say a place like istana park is public property?
    they prob had permission from the taka admin.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    i think depends on luck too, previously i was observing a electronic game shootout by students. I noticed there was a photo shoot (studio lights, models, etc) behind an abandoned building which was just across the gurkha's patrol station.

    Some approached the photographer, i believe to ask him pack up and go. But after awhile, the photographer was still shooting, the authorities called for backup. I didn't hang around to watch, as the electronic shooting game was over and packing up.
    actually, i was shooting in an open field & pointing my lense into that field (sunset shot) so i guess where the big difference is. if i was in the vaccinity of the abandoned building, i would be asked to leave as well, no doubt.

    some peps need to be shoved to get going, for some folks a gentle nudge will not do. thatz where the law comes in.

  4. #44
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    actually, i was shooting in an open field & pointing my lense into that field (sunset shot) so i guess where the big difference is. if i was in the vaccinity of the abandoned building, i would be asked to leave as well, no doubt.

    some peps need to be shoved to get going, for some folks a gentle nudge will not do. thatz where the law comes in.
    i thought as much.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    actually, i was shooting in an open field & pointing my lense into that field (sunset shot) so i guess where the big difference is. if i was in the vaccinity of the abandoned building, i would be asked to leave as well, no doubt.

    some peps need to be shoved to get going, for some folks a gentle nudge will not do. thatz where the law comes in.
    lets say u're in the building, any chances the patrol can spot you?

  6. #46
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    lets say u're in the building, any chances the patrol can spot you?
    if there's no flash photography i dun think they'd have a reason to look inside...do they?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    if there's no flash photography i dun think they'd have a reason to look inside...do they?
    how about the chances of noise level. i mean i have not been there i am not sure how far the road is from the building. the flash in bright day light wont spill out that outstandingly from within either unless the recharging beeps are so loud?

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    lets say u're in the building, any chances the patrol can spot you?
    if i am in that abandoned building, i'll need to keep myself out-of-sight (if possible at all times) & reduce my noise level (move silently, switch phone to 'vibrate oni' mode, etc).

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    if there's no flash photography i dun think they'd have a reason to look inside...do they?
    highly unlikely, the Gurkhas will venture into the abandoned building just to satisfy their curiousity. neither would they peek into all drain covers to check for suspicious peps.

  10. #50

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    hmm, but wasnt it said somewhere that ura or some other government bodies placed motion sensors in abandoned places to catch people going in to steal stuff?

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    highly unlikely, the Gurkhas will venture into the abandoned building just to satisfy their curiousity. neither would they peek into all drain covers to check for suspicious peps.
    for mas selamat?

  12. #52
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by pfurr View Post
    hmm, but wasnt it said somewhere that ura or some other government bodies placed motion sensors in abandoned places to catch people going in to steal stuff?
    that's for the ones that's been retrofitted i think
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  13. #53

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    does och count?

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    months back when i was there, dun think OCH were fitted with sensors. some Uni (forgot which wan) was having an orientation there at nite, some guy came out & told us (i was with a group lead by a guide) to stay away, not sure if they were officially granted permission?..

  15. #55
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    On orchard road, I believe yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    hey so we can just shoot in orchard and not need permission from the police?

  16. #56
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    Hmm, well as I said, it doesn't really matter because it is their property and they can impose any rules they want within that area. Whether or not they have a signboard is irrelevant.

    The only legal right they have is to ask you to leave. They will not have any right to detain you, confsicate your camera or force you to delete the photos.

    There is no need to argue legislation, I merely asked you if you know where they can be found. No argument is necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by pfurr View Post
    it was on one of those random boards in the mrt station. quite like the ones they have showing the surrounding area in maps and bus guide information. they use the same tactic as macdonalds. its there, though inconspicuous, but its still there for the public to somehow, someway notice. bs, i know.

    and i'm sure we've all seen posts in cs where photogs have been confronted to cease shooting.

    i dont want to argue with you on legislations because i was only reading the board out of sheer boredom. not like i really care to go and read statues and laws online and be able to pull them out when people ask for legal help.

  17. #57

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    months back when i was there, dun think OCH were fitted with sensors. some Uni (forgot which wan) was having an orientation there at nite, some guy came out & told us (i was with a group lead by a guide) to stay away, not sure if they were officially granted permission?..
    haha, yeah, actually uni orientation groups do get permission from relevant authorities to hold fright nights in abandoned places. my hall used to go to labrador park bunkers and sentosa's dragon trail to scare people. woo!!

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Hmm, well as I said, it doesn't really matter because it is their property and they can impose any rules they want within that area. Whether or not they have a signboard is irrelevant.

    The only legal right they have is to ask you to leave. They will not have any right to detain you, confsicate your camera or force you to delete the photos.

    There is no need to argue legislation, I merely asked you if you know where they can be found. No argument is necessary.
    ok! but is it the same for the esplanade? cos we were filming there for a project on the outer boardwalk and a police dude came over to question us. eeps!

  18. #58
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    Not sure why the same people insist on derailing threads. Can't even have a proper discussion without all the obviously nonsensical posts.

    No basic courtesy at all. It's not even a case of one thing leads to another type of OT. It is clearly intentional OT.

    Anyway the OT posts have been reported. Lets see if any action is taken.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    sez the guy who locked his "serious" thread on averal when it got derailed. why don't u go reopen that thread and crack your jokes there and leave this one alone?
    Last edited by vince123123; 9th December 2008 at 01:51 AM.

  19. #59
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    well dempsey is kind of tricky coz it is an old army camp.
    But now it's not.

    BUT there's a building still occupied by the police.

  20. #60

    Default Re: do we need permission to shoot publicly?

    They have orders to shoot to kill at oxley rd. U shoot with camera, they shoot with M16 (or watever they r carrying these days).


    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    hmm...shooting a private property from a public road might get u into trouble.

    e.g. i don't think photogs would be allowed to shoot freely along oxley road.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •