Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 60L Digi-cabi ~ help~

Default Re: My 60L Digi-cabi ~ help~

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    I will put the lenses and flash guns separate from the bags before putting them in the cabinet.

However, I will caution about putting neck strap and hand strap inside since these straps can get pretty wet after a long and hot outing. But, these straps are usually pretty hard to detach...
    Hi CS TAN,

haha I was thinking of that too "the straps"....but forget.

It is it impossible to detach and attach everytime we use the camera (sooner or later I blindfold also know how to detach and attach to the camera )
    Maybe just use a soft clothes to wipe the straps, camera before putting in cabi.

"putting neck strap and hand strap" I put them inside too, not problem. If it is wet, air it before putting it in.
    D300 & P5100 :bsmilie:

Quote Originally Posted by KY1977 View Post
    My friend has the same problem as you. RH could not reduce even waited for many hours when kept dial at 12 o'clock.
    Hi KY1977,

Now the RH% drop till 53%, and my second worry comes~ what if it keep dropping
    Now the setting is at this direction.

Quote Originally Posted by rvxing View Post
    The reason the seller tell you not to put anything inside for the 1st time is because if the items you put in is "wet" it will slow down the RH effect a lot. Just wonder what was in the cabinet when you 1st turn ON, is there sponge in it?
    Hi rvxing,
    YES ! the sponge was inside! ..... so this is what causing the RH% to drop so slow?

Hmmm... seems like you're pretty impatient huh? Just don't expect to see the level drop like a tachometer when clutching in.

If you find it's too slow for your comfort, like some bros suggested, turn it to max and then adjust it accordingly once it stabilises (the knob will still goes to 11-12o'clock eventually).

And yes, you can dump in your equipment now, no need to wait. Cheers!
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

Quote Originally Posted by JC1808 View Post
    and my second worry comes~ what if it keep dropping
    Fine tune bro, this is an analogue tuner... you'd need to fine tune! It all depends on your ambient temperature, your amount of equipment, your usage pattern and the sealings around your digicab. No hard and fast rule on the knob position but generally around 11-12o'clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Six-GHz View Post
    Fine tune bro, this is an analogue tuner... you'd need to fine tune! It all depends on your ambient temperature, your amount of equipment, your usage pattern and the sealings around your digicab. No hard and fast rule on the knob position but generally around 11-12o'clock.
    Hi Six-GHz,

hehe~not ready impatient lah~

Just worried and worried

I can see how the RH% react when the door was opened and closed OK thanks bro~I'll slowly fine tune it...

Just worried and worried
    You a Capricorn?
    Dry cabs should be the last thing to worry! Enjoy photo-taking!

Quote Originally Posted by Six-GHz View Post
    You a Capricorn?
    Dry cabs should be the last thing to worry! Enjoy photo-taking!

Haha~ me a LEO~ but my worried come fast and go fast

Thanks all for the advise Now my dry cabi RH% 50~51% had been in this % for about few days~ Is this ok enough for storing all my camera gear? or should I lower down abit to like what %? And if so, I should turn it clockwise or anti-clockwise?

leave the sponge there !
    do not ever remove it

Thanks all for the advise Now my dry cabi RH% 50~51% had been in this % for about few days~ Is this ok enough for storing all my camera gear? or should I lower down abit to like what %? And if so, I should turn it clockwise or anti-clockwise?
    stay around 45%, the AD100 I used, after it reaches 50%, I move the knob to 9~9.30 position to keep it around 45%. Slightly before the line between blue and green.

For your case, let it drop to 45% before you move the knob to the said position. For my case, I'd been using the cabi for a long time, nothing in there is "wet", all dried up. When I open the cabi, I only introduce small amount moisture for it to dry, so the drying speed will be faster.

Note, %RH will change with temperature by about 2~3%RH / degC change.
    Last edited by rvxing; 13th December 2008 at 11:53 AM.

stay around 45%, the AD100 I used, after it reaches 50%, I move the knob to 9~9.30 position to keep it around 45%. Slightly before the line between blue and green.

For your case, let it drop to 45% before you move the knob to the said position. For my case, I'd been using the cabi for a long time, nothing in there is "wet", all dried up. When I open the cabi, I only introduce small amount moisture for it to dry, so the drying speed will be faster.

Note, %RH will change with temperature by about 2~3%RH / degC change.
    Hi rvxing, how to let it drop to 45%? It had been in 50%~51% for 3-4 days now. So if need it drop to 45% I should turn the knob which direction?

P.S. noted when every I open the door took out cam and then put in the RH% will go up to around 54% then slowly drop back to 50%.

a question for the TS, do u lock your dry cab? as in turn the key. for me i am using the digicab 30L and the magnetic seal for the door itself is not very tight and my dry cab' humi lvl stay high until i lock it.

do try to lock it and not just rely on the door magnetic seal to keep it air tight
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

Hi rvxing, how to let it drop to 45%? It had been in 50%~51% for 3-4 days now. So if need it drop to 45% I should turn the knob which direction?

P.S. noted when every I open the door took out cam and then put in the RH% will go up to around 54% then slowly drop back to 50%.
    Move the knob to the red zone @ 3 o'clock for the time being, I guess the sponge is not completely dry up and make sure you lock door.

When it is totally dry up @ max full power (fully clockwise), it can goes to around 20+%RH, as this cabi is designed to keep items like medicines, seeds, etc below 30%RH

Quote Originally Posted by nixontkl View Post
    a question for the TS, do u lock your dry cab?
    Thanks nixontkl for the info, I never lock the cabi and never thought that it will also effect the cabi RH% From today onwards I'll keep it lock when ever close the door.

Move the knob to the red zone @ 3 o'clock for the time being, I guess the sponge is not completely dry up and make sure you lock door.
    Hi rvxing, yesterday night I set the knob to at the line point inbetween the blue and the red colour area (like 2pm) and the RH% morning drop to 42%. Well today I brought my cam out for shooting now I put it in cabi the RH% go up to 56%, will monitor it again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12