Thread: Filter and Lens

Default Filter and Lens

Hi all,

Alan photoshop is selling a third party teleconverter and macro lens, 2 in one. Is anyone using it? Is there a difference in using a third party product compared to canon original teleconverter? They're selling macro lens and closeup filter. Are these two the same? What's the difference between these two? The 2 in one looks attractive. Hope someone can give me some advise. Thanks

Default More Details

Friend,

Can you give some more details what they are selling, for which mount, Price etc. As i am also looking in to buy a macro lens Nikon Mount.

Thanks
    Shiek

It's selling at about $85. I just told him I'm using Canon. Not sure if it's compatible with Nikon though.

Default vitacon 0.45X convertor

Are you refering to the above? wide angle semi fish eye?
    The corners tend to get blurred..else its not a bad work around fish eye effect...

Example

Hope it helps...

so are we talkin about teleconverters here now? or wide converter?
    i am getting confused!! haha

I'm looking for teleconverter and macro filter. Hmm....is there much difference between a lens and filter? Any good recommendation for buying a teleconverter and macro filter/lens? Any advise on third party products? It's much cheaper, but I'm not sure if it's compatible wif my camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Camm
    I'm looking for teleconverter and macro filter. Hmm....is there much difference between a lens and filter? Any good recommendation for buying a teleconverter and macro filter/lens? Any advise on third party products? It's much cheaper, but I'm not sure if it's compatible wif my camera.
    As long the mounting size of the tc and macro filter matches your camera adaptar thread size, it should be compatible. The problem is quality of the TC and whether it will cause vignetting at full zoom when used with the camera.
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

Question

oh are there wideconverters??? how much is that? for a 58mm dia lens??? im abit mountain tortise here... pardon me...