Thread: Where to Photo Shoot in Bangkok, Thailand

Default Where to Photo Shoot in Bangkok, Thailand

Hi....

Will be going to Bangkok with my family this coming Sat. It would be me 3rd time there.... but 1st time with my DSLR. Need some advice on interesting places within Bangkok for photo.

I'm looking for -

* Old Thailand..... places with 50-60s style housing....
    * Wet Market area (non tourist)
    * Places where Buddist Monk still collect alms in the morning.....
    * Any other place of interest you could think of......

I would likely hire a driver for the day and ask to be brought around..... just incase the driver have no idea where to go..... your suggestion could help.

Thxs

Scuba & Father... For Life

Default Re: Where to Photo Shoot in Bangkok, Thailand

I cannot advise you where to shoot but just use cabs instead, no point hiring driver (too expensive IMO). Unless of course you have too much money to spend.

It's fairly easy to flag down a cab.

Quote Originally Posted by fleaz View Post
    I cannot advise you where to shoot but just use cabs instead, no point hiring driver (too expensive IMO). Unless of course you have too much money to spend.

It's fairly easy to flag down a cab.

It would be true if you are only going to a place or two..... but cheaper if going for multi places.... and safer with a local guild....

i don't really know what is your planned itinerary, however travelling a couple of (tourist) places in bkk, i don't spend anything more than 500 baht a day on taxi/MRT/skytrain.
    are you intending on hiring a driver only or a driver-cum-guide? both are totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Hi....

Will be going to Bangkok with my family this coming Sat. It would be me 3rd time there.... but 1st time with my DSLR. Need some advice on interesting places within Bangkok for photo.

I'm looking for -

* Old Thailand..... places with 50-60s style housing....
    * Wet Market area (non tourist)
    * Places where Buddist Monk still collect alms in the morning.....
    * Any other place of interest you could think of......

I would likely hire a driver for the day and ask to be brought around..... just incase the driver have no idea where to go..... your suggestion could help.

Thxs
    free and easy? check with the hotel you are staying if they can provide such a service.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Blog Entries

If its a 3-5 day trip, I doubt you'll have time to cover too many places

Walk around bangkok chinatown and its backstreets........ that should keep you busy enough for a full day

From Bangkok chinatown go down chao praya river and grab a river taxi in either direction.... very fun with lots of things to shoot

Otherwise search or google photography bangkok...... should not be too difficult to find places to go

p/s very hard to advise you when you have not mentioned what type of photography you are keen on
    Last edited by ed9119; 8th December 2008 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    If its a 3-5 day trip, I doubt you'll have time to cover too many places

Walk around bangkok chinatown and its backstreets........ that should keep you busy enough for a full day

From Bangkok chinatown go down chao praya river and grab a river taxi in either direction.... very fun with lots of things to shoot

Otherwise search or google photography bangkok...... should not be too difficult to find places to go

p/s very hard to advise you when you have not mentioned what type of photography you are keen on

Thxs for the info...

I'm into all form of photography...... but not yet good at any given one. Street, City scape is what I'm looking for in this trip.
    Last edited by diver-hloc; 9th December 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    free and easy? check with the hotel you are staying if they can provide such a service.
    Yup.... was thinking of doing so.... but would prefer 1 to 1 type of day trip.... not the normal tourist spot after tourist spot kind of mass tour.