Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

  1. #1

    Talking Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    I've just got hold of a Nikon D90, my first camera!
    slowly reading thru the manual and i'm a little too excited!
    haha can't wait to start shooting.
    anyways, if there's anyone who might be interested in getting a d90, audiohouse (they have a few branches around singapore) is having a fantastic offer for the kit. total cost came up to $1988, but here's what you get:

    1. D90 kit + kit lens (18-105mm)
    2. 4gb Sandisk SD card
    3. 8gb Kingston SD Card
    4. Tripod
    5. Battery grip/holder
    6. Lens cleaning kit
    7. DSLR camera bag
    8. Dry cabinet (!)

    was a little put off by the price at first, seeing how you could possibly get the d90 at as low as $1.6, but i think it was really worth it with the freebies that were included! I bought my set at liang court (clarke quay) at bout 5pm today, and there was one last set left. If you need any help pm me.

    anyway i'm patiently waiting for my battery to charge while reading thru the user manual.

    thanks for all the help!
    the threads here are really useful.

    cheers.
    Last edited by gravyforbrains; 8th December 2008 at 07:36 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    Quote Originally Posted by gravyforbrains View Post
    I've just got hold of a Nikon D90, my first camera!
    slowly reading thru the manual and i'm a little too excited!
    haha can't wait to start shooting.
    anyways, if there's anyone who might be interested in getting a d90, audiohouse (they have a few branches around singapore) is having a fantastic offer for the kit. total cost came up to $1988, but here's what you get:

    1. D90 kit + kit lens (18-105mm)
    2. 4gb Sandisk SD card
    3. 8gb Kingston SD Card
    4. Tripod
    5. Battery grip/holder
    6. Lens cleaning kit
    7. DSLR camera bag
    8. Dry cabinet (!)

    was a little put off by the price at first, seeing how you could possibly get the d90 at as low as $1.6, but i think it was really worth it with the freebies that were included! I bought my set at liang court (clarke quay) at bout 5pm today, and there was one last set left. If you need any help pm me.

    anyway i'm patiently waiting for my battery to charge while reading thru the user manual.

    thanks for all the help!
    the threads here are really useful.

    cheers.
    Those things are not freebies, you paid for it with hard cash.

  3. #3
    Member tanandrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    548

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    lets enjoy it
    Nikon D300|50mm|Sigma 24-70mm|Sony CX7|LX3|Multiply /Foto

  4. #4

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    darn i paid 1988 @ best they only gave me lens + camera + bag thats it no mem card...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    yeah i dropped by best as well.
    the audiohouse offer was really good cos it came with a dry cabinet as well..
    a good package for people who wanna pick up photography long term i guess.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    328

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    dont mind if i ask what's the brands for this freebies

    4. Tripod
    5. Battery grip/holder
    6. Lens cleaning kit
    7. DSLR camera bag

  7. #7

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    total add up for my unfair package till date

    battery grip mdm80 + 2 enel3 battrys $400

    dry cabi 35l $118

    tripod 190proxb + ball-head $ 350

    ......$868
    + $1988
    $2856..... +15 cleaning kit

    $2871

  8. #8

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    dry cabinet? thought it was a dry box?

    as for Best, its like any of the major superstores where one branch can quote one thing and another branch can quote another. Even better, different salesman can give different quotations.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    Quote Originally Posted by gravyforbrains View Post
    I've just got hold of a Nikon D90, my first camera!
    slowly reading thru the manual and i'm a little too excited!
    haha can't wait to start shooting.
    anyways, if there's anyone who might be interested in getting a d90, audiohouse (they have a few branches around singapore) is having a fantastic offer for the kit. total cost came up to $1988, but here's what you get:

    1. D90 kit + kit lens (18-105mm)
    2. 4gb Sandisk SD card
    3. 8gb Kingston SD Card
    4. Tripod
    5. Battery grip/holder
    6. Lens cleaning kit
    7. DSLR camera bag
    8. Dry cabinet (!)

    was a little put off by the price at first, seeing how you could possibly get the d90 at as low as $1.6, but i think it was really worth it with the freebies that were included! I bought my set at liang court (clarke quay) at bout 5pm today, and there was one last set left. If you need any help pm me.

    anyway i'm patiently waiting for my battery to charge while reading thru the user manual.

    thanks for all the help!
    the threads here are really useful.

    cheers.
    Errr. Those are not freebies.

    Let's see now...

    Bargaincity:
    http://www.bargaincity.com.sg/nikon-...ens-p-918.html

    - FREE Sandisk Ultra II 8 Gb SDHC card
    - FREE Extra 4 Gb SDHC card (from Nikon)
    - FREE Nikon Case
    - FREE SDHC Card Reader
    - FREE Extra Compatible Battery
    - FREE Digicabi DB036L Dry Cabinet
    - FREE LCD Protector
    - FREE Cleaning Kit


    But let's look at your extras:

    2. 4gb Sandisk SD card - what speed? These could be $20.
    3. 8gb Kingston SD Card - What speed? About SGD 35
    4. Tripod - I'm guessing the cheap giveaway kind: SGD 30
    5. Battery grip/holder - Unsure, as I haven't seen it. Guess: SGD 20
    6. Lens cleaning kit - SGD 10
    7. DSLR camera bag - Cheap one? Let's be generous - SGD 40
    8. Dry cabinet (!) - SGD 115.

    Total: 270. If you add it to 1600, you get 1870...
    Alpha

  10. #10

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    Quote Originally Posted by poondq View Post
    total add up for my unfair package till date

    battery grip mdm80 + 2 enel3 battrys $400

    dry cabi 35l $118

    tripod 190proxb + ball-head $ 350

    ......$868
    + $1988
    $2856..... +15 cleaning kit

    $2871
    If it makes you feel better, I'm sure the freebie tripod is not a Manfortto.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    No point comparing which shop gives the better deal after purchasing, it's gonna be never ending. Just enjoy your new camera and start shooting, most important is you are happy with the camera.

  12. #12
    Member BlueBull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    912

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    No point comparing which shop gives the better deal after purchasing, it's gonna be never ending. Just enjoy your new camera and start shooting, most important is you are happy with the camera.
    Yes, you bought your D90 to take beautiful photos, not to compare with others who managed to get a better deal. Sure, some people will feel vindicated that they bought their package $1 cheaper than someone else but do you want to join them at that level?

    There will be no end in comparisons so just go out and use your D90.
    Nikanon D3FXMarkIIIDS-1H with 5000mm f/128 & 0.500mm Macro f/0.4 & 0.70-2000mm f/256

  13. #13

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    haha! ignore them if they're telling you, that you could have gotten a cheaper price elsewhere. photog is an expensive hobby. maybe you spent a little extra today, but who knows you might save more than the next chap on lenses on a better deal tomorrow.

    enjoy your new toy!

  14. #14
    Member Lord Soth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Neuschwanstein Castle
    Posts
    355

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    Hi there!

    I agree. The prices drop continuously.....as long as you are happy with the price you forked out, just ignore the others' pricing comments.

    Hope you enjoy your New Toy!

    And welcome to the DARK SIDE.... hee hee

    | Nikon D700; AF-S 14-24 f/2.8GED; AF 20 f/2.8D; AF 50 f/1.4D; SB400| Tamron AF 28-75 f/2.8 A09NII|

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    There's no end to comparing prices. Just enjoy & take more photos...

  16. #16

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    Its true that they say that you shouldn't be too affected with paying a premium for your package, just go on and start taking photos.

    The way I see it, the point of this thread is to serve as a warning to potential buyers not to be taken in by "freebies" thrown in the package.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    You sounds familar..are you that skinny guy from Audio House?

  18. #18

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post

    5. Battery grip/holder - Unsure, as I haven't seen it. Guess: SGD 20
    Hmm... this is a $180 minimum item... D90 uses the MB80

  19. #19

    Default Re: Thanks for the help! (+ a great d90 offer)

    ignore some of the people here. you have a d90, an awesome camera. Go out and enjoy it.
    masamri.amir
    |project.photoworks|

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •