Thread: Mitsubishi Evo for Royal Malaysian police

Arrow Mitsubishi Evo for Royal Malaysian police

Millions spent to make sure criminals don’t escape

KUALA LUMPUR: The Royal Malaysian police has bought 25 high-powered Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution cars to catch criminals and speed hogs.

The cars, worth several millions of ringgit, would be fitted with safety gadgets and would sport the looks of police patrol cars.

Sources said the police had al­­ready taken possession and were testing the cars before sending them to the Road Transport Depart­ment for registration and approval.

“The cars are to be used in high-speed car chase, especially in cases of carjacking, kidnapping and hi­­jacking.

“The speed of the cars would enable the police to catch up with criminals who often used modified turbo charged cars to escape,” they said.

Several police personnel have been sent to undergo intensive driving classes to ensure they are able to handle the super charged cars, they added.

The cars, they said, would also be used by the highway patrol unit to monitor speed hogs or illegal racers.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan confirmed the purchase but declined to elaborate.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...687&sec=nation

Default Re: Mitsubishi Evo for Royal Malaysian police

these are bullxxxt, just another excuse for spending government $$$ for those high post own benefit....

In real, the patrol protons in malaysia have modified engines (the big V, bla bla bla etc). They don't need the shells or names... another waste of tax moneys. Seriously, I still remember 12 yrs ago my friend's MRx could not shed off the patrol proton! Perhaps my place no PIE, ECp but we have quite some straight roads . And he finally gave up, we asked the police to show us what they have inside.......

Might as well buy Nisssan GT-R... tuned up ones (HKS or Amuse Powerhouse etc) that have around 600bhp will do... sure faster than all others... unless criminals upgrade themselves to Lamborghini Murcielargo, Ferrari Enzo or Porsche Carrera GT... then i have nothing to say...

3 more going to the UK
    UK County Gets Three Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Police Cars
    By Matt Hardigree, 11:00 AM on Tue Dec 9 2008, 2,092 views

The Road Crime Unit of the South Yorkshire Police will use the Evolution X radio cars, along side a fleet of Evolution VIII and IX police cars, to trap speeders. In addition to the speed, the style and the scary image it presented in your rear-view mirror, the cars come equipped with the new Automated Number Plate Recognition system. The Evos will "hunt" in packs of three in order to provide a deterrent for anyone in the mood to end up on the BBC News.
    http://jalopnik.com/5105248/uk-count...-x-police-cars
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Millions spent to make sure criminals don’t escape

KUALA LUMPUR: The Royal Malaysian police has bought 25 high-powered Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution cars to catch criminals and speed hogs.

The cars, worth several millions of ringgit, would be fitted with safety gadgets and would sport the looks of police patrol cars.

Sources said the police had al**ready taken possession and were testing the cars before sending them to the Road Transport Depart*ment for registration and approval.

“The cars are to be used in high-speed car chase, especially in cases of carjacking, kidnapping and hi**jacking.

“The speed of the cars would enable the police to catch up with criminals who often used modified turbo charged cars to escape,” they said.

Several police personnel have been sent to undergo intensive driving classes to ensure they are able to handle the super charged cars, they added.

The cars, they said, would also be used by the highway patrol unit to monitor speed hogs or illegal racers.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan confirmed the purchase but declined to elaborate.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...687&sec=nation
    What an expensive ride it is but I think I am seeing BMWs around as well

How about the Italians traffic police who got a Lambo Gallardo as their patrol car

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3717471.stm

That one even more power
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    How about the Italians traffic police who got a Lambo Gallardo as their patrol car

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3717471.stm

That one even more power
    this is like damn old news lah
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

Should have use Proton Wajalution

ie. Proton Waja modded with an Evo engine
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Quote Originally Posted by Royaux View Post
    this is like damn old news lah
    I know Still waiting for someone to get the Maclaren F1 or Pagani Zonda or Bugatti Veyron as their patrol car.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post
    these are bullxxxt, just another excuse for spending government $$$ for those high post own benefit....

In real, the patrol protons in malaysia have modified engines (the big V, bla bla bla etc). They don't need the shells or names... another waste of tax moneys. Seriously, I still remember 12 yrs ago my friend's MRx could not shed off the patrol proton! Perhaps my place no PIE, ECp but we have quite some straight roads . And he finally gave up, we asked the police to show us what they have inside.......
    I think our local police have their own fair share of spending spree on sports cars. It would be Pot call the Kettle black.
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

"The Road Crime Unit of the South Yorkshire Police will use the Evolution X radio cars, along side a fleet of Evolution VIII and IX police cars, to trap speeders. In addition to the speed, the style and the scary image it presented in your rear-view mirror, the cars come equipped with the new Automated Number Plate Recognition system. The Evos will "hunt" in packs of three in order to provide a deterrent for anyone in the mood to end up on the BBC News."
    these yorkshire cops are serious man haha.

With so much support for the EvoX, no wonder only the Ford, GM and Chrysler in financial trouble...
    it would be quite scary if u see a police Dodge Challenger or a Cadillac CTS-V or even a Corvette ZR-1 grooooowling down you along the PIE or TPE hahaha
    and then the govt says its to improve the flow of the financial crisis and catch up with the local japanese-tuners-wannabes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wai View Post
    Should have use Proton Wajalution

ie. Proton Waja modded with an Evo engine
    That is so 90s, yester-year...

Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    I think our local police have their own fair share of spending spree on sports cars. It would be Pot call the Kettle black.
    I dun think the 2.5i 225bhp WRX police car can catch up with any Nissan GT-R... do you guys know by now parallel importers have sold more than 200++ Nissan GT-R already?