Since I am a beginner, I find that it helps to have friends who are using the same type of camera to 'show the robes (buttons)' and to share similar experiences.
Then again, have to qualify that this is only 1 of the factors amongst many other which you may want to take into consideration.
Learn to accept critics, don't put your head in the sands. All those comments here were friendly and direct. Sugarcoated advices don't help much.
You can also look at the comparison of the Nikon D60 Vs Canon 1000D
Go into the shop and start touching the body, harrass it, feel it.
if there was a right answer to this question, the losing camera maker would have shut shop long long ago.
both have pros and cons. up to which suits u best and not anyone here can tell you any better.
Most important thing is that the camera feels good in your hands, and you find it user friendly.
I use Nikon cause I find it more user-friendly, but my friend prefers Canon cause he feels that Canon is more user-friendly for him.
For the technicalities, each has its pros and cons. So ultimately IMO, whether or not the camera feels good in your hands is the most important factor.
I recommended Sony A350, Nikon D80 or Canon 450 for entry level
Olympus EP3, OMD-EM5, 14-42mm, 12-50mm, 9-18mm, 14-150mm
morning!...ar ha...yup...most probably i'll b goin down to sim lim to get a proper feel of e body..
any idea where can i can get at a cheaper rate?!
hope it wun b a "war-zone" question again...lol..jus jkjk..
You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.
They are both good but have their own limitations. What really matters is whether you know how to get the best out of your gear.
Heh.... oooh.... dangerous topic !
Anyways, I'd recommend that you do the following :-
1. Rationalise the need for a DSLR vs a bridge camera (aka Prosumer)
2. Work out a budget for the camera or body and lens
3. Go into the various shops with a thick layer of skin and ask to manhandle all the models you shortlisted :
4. Make sure u caress , stroke, press, poke, open, spread, rub, carry, twist, fiddle, molest the cameras and see which one screams "GET UR HANDS OFF ME" and which one oozes "COME GET ME!".
5. Sleep on the thought for a week.
6. Repeat step 4 one more time.
7. If the camera says the same in a consistent tone "COME GET ME!", you know you've got a WINNER !
Disclaimer : I am talking about cameras only hor. Anything happens to you, not my fault aye ?