Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 93

Thread: Kung fu fighting~

  1. #61
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    I also practice lohan qigong
    How far away can you blow a candle?

  2. #62

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Who is the lucky gal?
    are you sure it's a girl?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    are you sure it's a girl?
    A doll?

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    A doll?

  5. #65

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Who is the lucky gal?
    *DIAOZ*

    Lucky "gals" and "guys" u mean. U shld check out the orgies over at the field they xi and hu in manz.....
    Snap ?

  6. #66

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    How far away can you blow a candle?
    Ah, that is not the question. The question should be "How far away can you blow?"

    Snap ?

  7. #67
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by ianwurn View Post
    Ah, that is not the question. The question should be "How far away can you blow?"

    You know the answer?

  8. #68

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You know the answer?
    Haha.... If I knew, I would not have asked, would I not ? Or perhaps, I feign that I not know, even though I do know, and that I want you to think that I know not. But I believe that you know that I know not and hence supply me with a question that I cannot answer.

    Does that even make sense ?

    Hahah.....
    Snap ?

  9. #69

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    A doll?
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    what else do you tink that Xi and Hu.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    what else do you tink that Xi and Hu.
    xi hu? see who? haha

  11. #71

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    does anyone know where i can learn wing chun in the western part of our island? been wanting to pick up some martial arts as exercise. can't do TKD anymore cos of my knee injuries...
    wing chun has always been a somewhat obscure art.

    if u lookin at exercise, not much cardio also. mostly arms, minimal body movement and footwork. its idea is short and sharp. get in, finish it fast.

    learnt it in mid 90s at kallang.

    west side, i dunno. seems that toa payoh, lavender ve ppl teaching.

  12. #72

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by La Vida View Post
    Any martial artists here in CS?

    I'm black belt 1st dan in Taekwondo.

    Taekwondo vs kickboxing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPm7...=rec-HM-rev-rn

    as a black belt 1st Dan, do you think it's a waste not to make full use your your hands? I have a friend who is a teacher in Karate, he highlighted this shortfall in Taekwondo. Looking at the video, what is your sentiment?

  13. #73

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Taekwondo vs kickboxing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPm7...=rec-HM-rev-rn

    as a black belt 1st Dan, do you think it's a waste not to make full use your your hands? I have a friend who is a teacher in Karate, he highlighted this shortfall in Taekwondo. Looking at the video, what is your sentiment?
    TKD is fond of using only their legs. this was most evident in the past decades. however, in the past few years, more handworks r seen. the art is evolving like all the other arts.

    different school has a different school of thoughts. each seems to specialise in different fields. eg gracie jujitsu says that 99% of all fights end up on the ground and therefore, grappling, locks and holds r the most practical.

    oyama karate, a full contact system says that it is the most effective and least dangerous because practitioners r trained and expect full force and the result is minimal or no damage as opposed to styles that uses protective wear where the slightlest off target results in injuries.

    personally. i think that the best style is the style that suits that individual eg those with long legs r more suited to tkd, strong arm types may benefit more from karate and those heavy ones might excel in grappling techniques like judo or akido.

    maybe, the best art is a combination of gymnastics (to dodge), long range art (to attack) and grappling (for final submission).

  14. #74

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Taekwondo vs kickboxing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPm7...=rec-HM-rev-rn

    as a black belt 1st Dan, do you think it's a waste not to make full use your your hands? I have a friend who is a teacher in Karate, he highlighted this shortfall in Taekwondo. Looking at the video, what is your sentiment?
    Hmm, for me, i think that's not the only shortfall in TKD. I have to admit, some of the kicks in TKD are more of flashy than pratical, like, you can't expect to do a 540 in real fights do you?


    However, TKD can serve as a base for other hard fighting martial arts like Muay Thai. In TKD, you are taught to kick fast and accurate, with that base, and muay thai training, you can get fast accurate and deadly kicks to anywhere you want. That just my humble opinion.

  15. #75

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    TKD is fond of using only their legs. this was most evident in the past decades. however, in the past few years, more handworks r seen. the art is evolving like all the other arts.

    different school has a different school of thoughts. each seems to specialise in different fields. eg gracie jujitsu says that 99% of all fights end up on the ground and therefore, grappling, locks and holds r the most practical.

    oyama karate, a full contact system says that it is the most effective and least dangerous because practitioners r trained and expect full force and the result is minimal or no damage as opposed to styles that uses protective wear where the slightlest off target results in injuries.

    personally. i think that the best style is the style that suits that individual eg those with long legs r more suited to tkd, strong arm types may benefit more from karate and those heavy ones might excel in grappling techniques like judo or akido.

    maybe, the best art is a combination of gymnastics (to dodge), long range art (to attack) and grappling (for final submission).
    heh a minor correction, its not excatly known as oyama karate, Masutatsu "Mas" Oyama is the name of the founder, the actual form is called Kyokushin Karate. and yes, it is the most physcial form of karate, as compared to the other forms like Shitoryu and Shotokan etc. and yes, in Kyokushin we spar with full force (but only the more serious members actually do that, the younger members tend to fool around, as all children do). We DO use some forms of protective wear during kumite, on occasion, like very basic shin padding and knuckle padding. but no body armour or head pieces.

    P.S. mis-aimed blows DO cause injuries. i banged up my ankle when i threw a jodan-mawashigari (high roundhouse kick) and had it blocked by my opponent's elbow... in all martial arts there is always a risk of injury.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  16. #76

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoNDa...eature=related
    look at 5min30sec. that spiral kick is damn lethal.

  17. #77

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Dynamic Kicking - Pecoraro's Academy Of Martial Arts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uky1A50ejC8

    karate ppl like to sweep leg. i.e. sweep the opponent leg off the ground

    anybody knew this?

    with the TKD guy in this video, he could hv been swept off the ground umpteen times..

  18. #78
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    TKD is fond of using only their legs. this was most evident in the past decades. however, in the past few years, more handworks r seen. the art is evolving like all the other arts.
    Tae (Leg) Kwon (Hand) Do (Art)

    Tae Kwon Do = The art of Leg and Hand technique.

    Only Sport TKD lead by WTF is fond of using legs technique, while the traditional TKD lead by ITF and GTF are still practicing hand, leg, locking and throwing technique all these year.

  19. #79

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoNDa...eature=related
    look at 5min30sec. that spiral kick is damn lethal.
    that simply a back thrust, not a "spiral kick. and actually it isn't really "lethal", to quote you. it's very easy to dodge or block a back thrust, simply because it takes almost three quarters of a second for the opponent to turn and then thrust out. and it's easy to miss, especially after fighting for 5 minutes.. its VERY tiring to spar, kumite (sparring) in karate (i dunno about other martial arts) are limited to one minute bouts.

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Dynamic Kicking - Pecoraro's Academy Of Martial Arts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uky1A50ejC8

    karate ppl like to sweep leg. i.e. sweep the opponent leg off the ground

    anybody knew this?

    with the TKD guy in this video, he could hv been swept off the ground umpteen times..
    where did you read that? at least for Kyokushin, sweeps, leg or otherwise, are NOT taught as part of kihon until i think 4th kyu and above... and even then they are only a minor part.

    heh this guy, if he really fought like that in a sparring match, he'd be knocked down everytime he tried that... it looks nice on TV and in the movies, but jumping around like that is a sure-fire way to have your butt or face planted on the ground for most of the match. plus its really tiring to do all that. some of the kicks he does, like the jumping roundhouse kick, we do during training to build stamina, cause its so darn tiring, not to use in kumite
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  20. #80

    Default Re: Kung fu fighting~

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Tae (Leg) Kwon (Hand) Do (Art)

    Tae Kwon Do = The art of Leg and Hand technique.

    Only Sport TKD lead by WTF is fond of using legs technique, while the traditional TKD lead by ITF and GTF are still practicing hand, leg, locking and throwing technique all these year.
    the master has arrived!
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •