Thread: DSLR in cold weather conditions

Default DSLR in cold weather conditions

Hi everyone, I will be going to Japan for a holiday next Sunday and wondering if the cold weather there (-7C to 10C) will affect my equipment? I use an EOS 450D with 18-55 and 55-250mm lenses. Thanks

Default Re: DSLR in cold weather conditions

as wat i nod the ion battery can't work well at temperature below 0"c. So keep a spare battery near to ur body inside ur sweater or coat. When the battery prompt low, juz change to the warm one and warm up the one in the camera.

Blog Entries

use the search function as there were many threads that already contain the information you seek

Quote Originally Posted by sq380 View Post
    Hi everyone, I will be going to Japan for a holiday next Sunday and wondering if the cold weather there (-7C to 10C) will affect my equipment? I use an EOS 450D with 18-55 and 55-250mm lenses. Thanks
    Nop, your equipment will totally Fail in such cold weather. That's why no one in Japan owns a camera. They just like making cameras they can't use go figure..

Quote Originally Posted by sq380 View Post
    Ah, the holiday seasons.... When we get 50-100 "DSLR in cold weather" threads, and nobody who clicks on "search" first...
    Alpha

should create a special zone in the forums and move related queries there..
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Studying in Leeds and been using my camera in temps from -5 to 5 the past two weeks. Even in the snow. I doubt you'll have a prob

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    should create a special zone in the forums and move related queries there..
    They still won't look there.
    Alpha