Thread: Noise Reduction Program recommendations?

Default Noise Reduction Program recommendations?

I read a magazine review on a shootout between several programs and Neat Image turns out the best. I understand Noise Ninja is popular on this forum too, but it didn't rate greatly in that magazine review. I forgot what are the other programs tested.

On a budget so I use the demo version of Neat Image, which can only allow saving in jpeg and also removes EXIF data. (No biggie, just open the EXIF-less file in Photoshop CS, paste it over the original file, flatten layers and you get back the EXIF data).

Just want to check what do you guys use?

Any other better options? Thanx!
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Default Re: Noise Reduction Program recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    I read a magazine review on a shootout between several programs and Neat Image turns out the best. I understand Noise Ninja is popular on this forum too, but it didn't rate greatly in that magazine review. I forgot what are the other programs tested.

On a budget so I use the demo version of Neat Image, which can only allow saving in jpeg and also removes EXIF data. (No biggie, just open the EXIF-less file in Photoshop CS, paste it over the original file, flatten layers and you get back the EXIF data).

Just want to check what do you guys use?

Any other better options? Thanx!
    My personal opinion, get the Noiseware Professional. It is a stunning piece of software that makes noise goes away
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

I've been using Noise Ninja and never found any better alternative. Ease of use, productive and effectiveness tops it all.

Good luck.

Noiseware gets my recommendation for simplicity, speed & control.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by rendition View Post
    I've been using Noise Ninja and never found any better alternative. Ease of use, productive and effectiveness tops it all.

Good luck.
    noise ninja for me too!

Noise Ninja FTW! It easy to use and it really does quite a good job.

The demo version of Noise Ninja puts grid on the picture.

So comparing, Neat Image at least still give you a picture, though a lower quality one.

I also find Neat Image does a better job for that particular test picture and its easier to use for a first time user.

However when you get to the details, the three of them are probably the same. It depends on how adept the user is.

I probably will use Noise Ninja which have more users here, and thus easier to seek help if needed.

Thanx for all responses.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

I think best way is to post a noisy image and use the various recommended softwares and post noise pp images using the various softwares for all to see, this way we get to see how well these recommendations are and can compare them.

From time to time softwares got upgraded and improved upon, so... at one time maybe software A was touted to be best but could have been overtaken by software B, seeing is believing, this way everybody benefitted.

../azul123

I use Lightroom2's included NR. I think it does the job well.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Its the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

i am using Noise Ninja, i thinks its good on removing noise but tends to smoothens too much.
    but can be adjusted using advance mode