View Poll Results: What do you use to get rid the dust on the surface of the lens?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blower

108 73.47%
  • Lenspen

52 35.37%
  • Others

24 16.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you used to get rid on the dust on the surface of the lens?

Default Re: What do you used to get rid on the dust on the surface of the lens?

Hi Seniors,

How to get rid of dust that shows in the viewfinder but not in the sensor? Meaning the dust dun appear in the photos, but a few specks show in the viewfinder- very inrritating, tried blowing it off wif blower for hours but still the dust is there. Where is the correct place to blow? when i open up the camera cover, do I blow the top part of camera or the sensor area? Tried blowing all directions, but dust still there leh. blow until want to faint liao. Pls helpz...

tks seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by cktancktan View Post
    Hi Seniors,

How to get rid of dust that shows in the viewfinder but not in the sensor? Meaning the dust dun appear in the photos, but a few specks show in the viewfinder- very inrritating, tried blowing it off wif blower for hours but still the dust is there. Where is the correct place to blow? when i open up the camera cover, do I blow the top part of camera or the sensor area? Tried blowing all directions, but dust still there leh. blow until want to faint liao. Pls helpz...

tks seniors.
    it could be behind the focusing screen. if it is behind the focusing screen then you need to send to service center for service.

correct me if i am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by jasonteoch View Post
    it could be behind the focusing screen. if it is behind the focusing screen then you need to send to service center for service.

correct me if i am wrong
    Check out this link :-

You can DIY to remove the focusing screen if you want.

http://www.focusingscreen.com/work/d700en.htm

There is a bizarre portion which says that you can use your thumb!

"<P5>You can use thumb of left hand to open spring lock ."

They have instructions for other camera models too.

http://www.focusingscreen.com/
    | Nikon D700; AF-S 14-24 f/2.8GED; AF 20 f/2.8D; AF 50 f/1.4D; SB400| Tamron AF 28-75 f/2.8 A09NII|

I'll try my luck with the blower first and if it's so obstinate, I'll probably send it to the professionals then risking to scratch it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12