Thread: Closest camera now to the FZ5?

Default Closest camera now to the FZ5?

Hello all, I have been wanting to buy a DLSR camera for the past 2 years. But after reading the newbie thread, I feel that I am still not ready to own a DLSR due to various reason. I decided to stick to proconsumer to get prepared. So which is the closest camera avaliable now that is comparable to the Panasonic FZ5 with a budget of 500? Thanks for the help.

Default Re: Closest camera now to the FZ5?

Quote Originally Posted by mammothboot View Post
    Hello all, I have been wanting to buy a DLSR camera for the past 2 years. But after reading the newbie thread, I feel that I am still not ready to own a DLSR due to various reason. I decided to stick to proconsumer to get prepared. So which is the closest camera avaliable now that is comparable to the Panasonic FZ5 with a budget of 500? Thanks for the help.
    If you are looking for a 12x or 14x then go for the Fujifilm S6500FD and get it second hand or a new one would be the S2000HD at $400 plus

or the Canon S10IS or the Olymppus SP656UZ or the Nikon p80
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Default Re: Closest camera now to the FZ5?

Not sure if the FZ5 is still available brand new, but I'm letting go my silver FZ5 at S$200. Let me know if you're keen.

The superzoom camera has been replaced by the FZ8, and subsequently FZ18 if I'm not wrong.