Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Collecting items as a hobby?

Default Re: Collecting items as a hobby?

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    what's NPNT?
    no pic, no talk?

I collect Gundams, a rather expensive hobby that I'm trying to get rid off ... but its rather hard as Bandai keeps coming up with so new nicer ones >.<
    Last edited by Brightblade; 5th December 2008 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    No Photos No Talk ...
    *peng* no photos lah!!!
    i stuff them wherever i can find space

vince123123
    Guests

The best place is at Bishan MRT :P Last I went, hoards of magic pple hang out there with folders and boxes of cards to sell.

Are you selling and trading them now?

I have I believe at least a few thousands of "MAGIC" cards ..... where do I trade them now? But first I need to look for them, somewhere, somewhere around .....

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    The best place is at Bishan MRT :P Last I went, hoards of magic pple hang out there with folders and boxes of cards to sell.
    I wanna sell WHOLESALE la ....

too old to hang around with big kids now .... think must have spent around $30k for this silly hobby
    always the Light, .... always.

vince123123
    Guests

Doubt anyone will buy wholesale at the price you want. Cards are assessed highly on its individual value. If you want to sell wholesale, then your price will be very low, since wholesale buyers will assume all are commons.

For example, you say you spent S$30k on individual purchase. If you sell wholesale as a blind batch, maybe you can get at best, S$1k.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    For example, you say you spent S$30k on individual purchase. If you sell wholesale as a blind batch, maybe you can get at best, S$1k.
    When you think back, i feel that collecting items as a hobby is really meaningless ....
    just look at our collections of VHS tapes, CDs, books, magazines, toys etc........
    always the Light, .... always.

vince123123
    Guests

Hehe waste money only right? I also have magic cards stored in shoeboxes....lucky mine is only a couple of hundred dollars and not the 30k like you :P

does money count?

if it does, yes, it's my number one item and hobby. HAHAHAHA.

I wanna sell WHOLESALE la ....

too old to hang around with big kids now .... think must have spent around $30k for this silly hobby
    WAH 30K. many many many pieces of camera gear leh.

i dunno y ppl have to put monetary value in the things they collect... kinda sian rite, esp since a kid, everything have to have certain monetary value...

for me, i just like to buy things i like since young, like buy comics to read, then pass around friends and relatives... now seldom buy already... how much i spent, imagine average i spent about 100-300 per month (lowest), since primary 5 or 6 to about 24 or 25 year old... so should be quite a fortune bah...

now all leave in the warehouse... cos no place to put them since i packed up my room... calculated a few crates... dun put much value into them... maybe have some limited collections, but well, i find that sometimes when i read the books again, brings me back to those days when i just laze around not studying... if i sell or give them away... then i lost that kinda feeling already...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I used to have quite many music cassette tapes and then progressed to music CDs. Actually not that many compared to music lovers but many when compared to what I have now. I sold a lot of stuff leow.

Books too.

Also went into stamp collecting 'hobby' when young, then there were those sticker books - like collecting stickers of school badges...

Nowadays I collect photos in my hard disk But still need to sort everything out!

I think collecting is ok. As long as the owner likes the items and take good care of it, and can continually enjoy the collection. Ok, wine has to be kept away And once opened, finish soon.

I think to various extents people collect things. For your auntie it may be Tupperware. For your hostel mate maybe liquor bottles. For the garang guni man who can't bear to throw away things... it becomes a problem.

What I was doing for a while when I was clearing out my place to make more space was to take photos of some of the items that I was going to throw or give away.

Was going to throw away a film compact actually, it's physically beat-up and no resale value, but at the last minute I figured, it still works, and there's some film in the fridge! So I used it to take the photos.

Now the project has stalled though I think I will do another round of clearing before the new year.

Maybe that's why people buy souvenirs and take travel photos. Something to remember by mah.

As the time goes by everyone would have different view on "collection". Some may when back to "complete" their childhood wish. Some maybe upgrade to "Big boys" toys. cars, flats, stocks, or even pic of their pervious sweet hearts. So its not the matter of what you collect but how you see yourself on what are you collecting.

As for me, haha .. those who being to my place will know that my room was a mini toys 'R' us... haha....

Well I am heavily invested on those old transit cards
    Got more than 700 pieces in my collections

Now, 10, 20 years later, what do you see in your collection?....
    Are all these physical things mean a lot to you now, and to whoever you pass on when you are gone, important and meaningful?
    i collect dust

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i collect dust
    Dang. You and I have the same hobby!

Maybe we should band together and set up DCS - Dust Collecting Society!
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

warhammer models and books!

my favourite is still collecting money...feeling is shiokness.

as a rule, if i haven't touched it in a year, then it can be thrown away. now, if only i can follow my own rule...my room will be so much neater!
    ((=
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

Playboy magazines....

Blog Entries

once i sold a faulty sony handycam for $10
    there is a value to everything

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast