Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69

Thread: How u define urself as model?

  1. #21

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    Nah still need a degree. Work experience seems to mean nothing here!!!
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

  2. #22
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    All are photographers. GWC was a derogatory term coined by people who think they are better than others.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i thought there are only photographers and gwc

  3. #23
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    ask sion to self tfcd and take a couplea out of hot pink bikini shots
    You'll look a thousand times better than me in a hot pink bikini.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Upper Thomson
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    ummm i kinda agree with all of the above except the first one. there are freelancers around who aren't managed by agencies.
    i think models ought to have agents. freelancers don't count as true models for me. it's more of a sideline kind of thing. and hence they lack the professionalism.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    Model employee count?

    Anyhow they are many models around this world not only in photography, in fashion, in art, in movie animation etc....as long as you fit the requirement and people hire you to post, you are considered a model....regardless on how you look......of course ideally we want our model to look like Cyndy Crawford but you can't use her as Gollumn in LOTR....so someone else will gets the job

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excel-glsi View Post
    Just wondering how 1 define oneself as models? Got any paper to prove?
    Those who pass my screening
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

  7. #27
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    In that case freelancer photographers cannot be called photographers unless they have a studio that they are employed or associated with?

    Maybe, freelance makeup artists also cannot be called makeup artists unless they are part of a company?

    As for any other freelance jobs. They can't be called that unless they are non-freelance?

    You should see things from a bigger angle.

    Quote Originally Posted by frametology View Post
    i think models ought to have agents. freelancers don't count as true models for me. it's more of a sideline kind of thing. and hence they lack the professionalism.

  8. #28
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    Quote Originally Posted by frametology View Post
    i think models ought to have agents. freelancers don't count as true models for me. it's more of a sideline kind of thing. and hence they lack the professionalism.


    i can't believe what i'm reading, seriously.



    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    In that case freelancer photographers cannot be called photographers unless they have a studio that they are employed or associated with?

    Maybe, freelance makeup artists also cannot be called makeup artists unless they are part of a company?

    As for any other freelance jobs. They can't be called that unless they are non-freelance?

    You should see things from a bigger angle.

    and there are crappy agencies around that hire "models" but these models aren't even professional.

  9. #29
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    Yes, in that case, they are all models, just that some models conduct their affairs professionally, whilst others are crappy. That does not detract from the fact that they all are models, just of varying quality and professionalism.

    Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    and there are crappy agencies around that hire "models" but these models aren't even professional.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excel-glsi View Post
    How u define urself as model?
    How come no model comes out to reply?

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    How come no model comes out to reply?
    u 1 2 bait which model?

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Upper Thomson
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    In that case freelancer photographers cannot be called photographers unless they have a studio that they are employed or associated with?

    Maybe, freelance makeup artists also cannot be called makeup artists unless they are part of a company?

    As for any other freelance jobs. They can't be called that unless they are non-freelance?

    You should see things from a bigger angle.
    i really don't know where you guys are coming from with the question of models. but to me, modeling is a profession. and like all professions, there needs to be a certain number of entry barriers.

    and for me, the barriers are what i've stated.

    i take photos. but when people ask me if i'm a photographer, i decline the term and just call myself a photo enthusiast. photographers are way more nobel than i am.

    i think you guys are coming from a very general point of view, whereby any one who's willing to be photographed is qualified as a model. and yes, to a very large extent that is true too.

    it's just that i wish to define models differently, and more exclusively.

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Upper Thomson
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    How come no model comes out to reply?
    all of them are too scared to come forward after what we've all posted! HAHA.

    we've just raised the bar by saying that they have to be hot in bikinis, good looking with out pp or makeup and etc.

    all too scared already! HAHA.

  14. #34
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    No issue, so long as you are aware that your definition is solely yours and yours alone, and may not be in congruence with the ordinary meaning in the English language or that found in dictionaries.

    Quote Originally Posted by frametology View Post
    i really don't know where you guys are coming from with the question of models. but to me, modeling is a profession. and like all professions, there needs to be a certain number of entry barriers.

    and for me, the barriers are what i've stated.

    i take photos. but when people ask me if i'm a photographer, i decline the term and just call myself a photo enthusiast. photographers are way more nobel than i am.

    i think you guys are coming from a very general point of view, whereby any one who's willing to be photographed is qualified as a model. and yes, to a very large extent that is true too.

    it's just that i wish to define models differently, and more exclusively.

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Upper Thomson
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    i can't believe what i'm reading, seriously.

    and there are crappy agencies around that hire "models" but these models aren't even professional.
    why not? it's just how i define models what! ha.

    how would you define love? i define it as a nice feeling that makes you fuzzy. if you don't define it the way i do, does it make my definition wrong? i don't think it does. and likewise, how i'm defining MY definition of models shouldn't be affected by or affect you.

    i agree with your part about crappy agencies around that hire "MODELS". but yah, i'm assuming that we're talking about proper agencies. sorry for not clarifying it.

    any by the way, are we talking about models per se or freelancers now? sorry that i had to bring up the freelance part.

  16. #36
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    In ordinary English we can always call them freelance models or agency models. Both are models. In your case, probably only agency models deserve to be called models and those not signed with agencies are just .... human beings in front of a camera.

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Upper Thomson
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    No issue, so long as you are aware that your definition is solely yours and yours alone, and may not be in congruence with the ordinary meaning in the English language or that found in dictionaries.
    this is what i got from dicitonary.com:

    5. a person whose profession is posing for artists or photographers.
    6. a person employed to wear clothing or pose with a product for purposes of display and advertising.

    hmmm. with that, neither of us are wrong lah.

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Upper Thomson
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    In your case, probably only agency models deserve to be called models and those not signed with agencies are just .... human beings in front of a camera.
    HAHAHHA. sure. i'll just term them, HBIOC.

  19. #39
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    again, how do you define "proper" agency?

    there are well established models who are highly sought for, and they aren't under any kind of agency.

  20. #40
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: How u define urself as model?

    Quote Originally Posted by frametology View Post
    this is what i got from dicitonary.com:

    5. a person whose profession is posing for artists or photographers.
    6. a person employed to wear clothing or pose with a product for purposes of display and advertising.

    hmmm. with that, neither of us are wrong lah.

    none of the above stated agency mah

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •