Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2338434647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

Starting Lineup

Van Der Sar
    Evra
    Vidic
    Ferdinand
    O'Shea
    Park
    Carrick
    Anderson
    Fletcher
    Rooney
    Tevez

Half Time
    Fulham 0-2 Man Utd

2 goals from Carlos Tevez

I woke up to read the 4 nil win

Rio got injured again and this time is his ankle.

J Evans is a good replacement. Hope Rio is fully fit to welcome Liverfool nxt weekend
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

2 goals from Tevez, and a goal each from Rooney and Park.

Park thoroughly deserved the forth goal and it's long overdue. He worked so hard whenever he was in the first eleven and the goal drought didn't affect his high energy level and he continued to be an integral part of the team. Kudos to him and hope the goal will lift his morale and encourage him to lift his game to a higher level which I believe he is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Park thoroughly deserved the forth goal and it's long overdue. He worked so hard whenever he was in the first eleven and the goal drought didn't affect his high energy level and he continued to be an integral part of the team. Kudos to him and hope the goal will lift his morale and encourage him to lift his game to a higher level which I believe he is capable of.
    Park's stamina is damn good. Has good pace too.
    He's one of the members of the South Korea World Cup 2002 squad.
    It was Korea's pace and stamina that outlasted the opponents that brought them so far into the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    It is good for him to score a goal and it is just in time for next week's game when Inter Visit! Morale booster Hopefully he get on the score sheets again next week!

havent seen Tevez and Rooney play together is some time already

Devastating

Quote Originally Posted by hycool View Post
    havent seen Tevez and Rooney play together is some time already

Devastating
    IMO, Fergie shouldn't buy Berbatov in the first place.
    Sure Berbatov is very talented with sublime touches.
    But the twin upfront in Tevez and Rooney is already world class.
    Plus so many up and coming youngsters from the academy.

Arsenal are thru to the Semi-Final of the FA Cup with a 3-0 win over Burnley.
    Now its left to Everton or Boro.

Beckham's extended stay in Italy confirmed

David Beckham has confirmed a deal is in place which will allow him to divide his time between AC Milan and the Los Angeles Galaxy this year.

Under a unique 'timeshare' agreement, the 33-year-old England midfielder will stay at Milan until the end of this season before returning to the United States to play for the Galaxy between July and October.

He will then head back to Italy in November to play out the rest of the 2009/10 Serie A campaign with Milan.

"I'm grateful to both clubs for allowing this dream to come true," Beckham said in a statement..

"It will enable me to play for Milan and the Galaxy in the same season, with the possibility of been able to keep up my commitments with Major League Soccer and the development of soccer in the United States, something which I'm very passionate about."

The deal follows weeks of negotiations between the two clubs during which Milan baulked at the size of the transfer fee Galaxy were demanding - thought to be around £12million. MLS placed a February 13 deadline on the deal but, as expected, Beckham got his wish to stay in Italy.

Despite the protracted talks, the Galaxy's chief executive, Tim Lieweke, admits the deal is one which suits both clubs.

"I'm sorry that it had to go for so long, for him and for us and particularly for the fans," he told the Los Angeles Times.

"This is a good solution. It allows him to finish the season with Milan. We will see him in July."

In a move to accommodate fans who endured the back-and-forth speculation on Beckham's future in Los Angeles, Galaxy said it will cut ticket prices by an average of 10 percent. Refunds will be issued for anyone who has already purchased season or individual tickets.

Galaxy open the MLS season on March 22 while Beckham won't become eligible to play in league games until the international transfer window reopens on July 15.

That means Beckham's first game with the Galaxy will be July 16 against the New York Red Bulls at Giants Stadium, which will be moved up two days from its original date on the league schedule.

The change is necessary to accommodate another part of the deal, an exhibition between AC Milan and the Galaxy at Home Depot Center in Carson on July 19.

Jose: I can be next Man United manager

Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho has, in true style, stirred the pot ahead of his team's Champions League second round return leg against Manchester United on Wednesday by saying he could take over as manager at Old Trafford when Sir Alex Ferguson finally decides to retire.

Jose Mourinho: Said United would not be running awy from things if he was still around.
    The Portuguese memorably guided Porto to a two-legged victory over United at the same stage in 2004, when a 1-1 draw in Manchester was enough to see his side through.

Mourinho also claimed he could be the next United boss, but he also believes the race for the Premier League title would be a tighter affair if he was still managing in England.

"If you want me to rule out ever being Manchester United manager I can't," he told the News of the World.

"Special clubs need special managers so in theory it could work, but nobody knows what the future is in football.

"The England national team wanted me as coach and that is the biggest job in England, so I am sure when Sir Alex retires they will look at the best managers in the world and I certainly fall into the category."

Mourinho believes things would be different on the domestic scene for Manchester United if he wasn't sacked as Chelsea boss in September 2007.

He added: "Yes, Manchester United are the best team in England but you have to ask how good has the Premier League been since I left?

"Manchester United have won it with ease since I have gone because no manager has put a team together that can rival them.

"But my teams always rival Manchester United and Sir Alex knows that.

"They are a great team but if I was at a top club in England I think the title race might have been a lot closer this year."

Mourinho also had some disparaging words for the teams trailing in United's wake, adding he would be "embarrassed" to be in their current position.

"Chelsea have had no stability, Arsenal are nowhere and Liverpool threatened but I don't think anybody really thought they were ever going to win it," he said.

"I would not allow a team of mine to be so far behind. It is embarrassing in March.

"Manchester United have a great squad but are their players really that much better than Chelsea's or Liverpool's? I don't think so.

"So something else must be the problem and somebody has to take responsibility for that.

"I beat Manchester United with Chelsea and Porto. Now I am ready to beat them with Inter.

"I feel confident that if I had been at one of the big four clubs I would be closer or maybe even above Manchester United."

I think Mourinho will have a great chance managing Man Utd once Fergie retires but it will depend on Fergie's recommendation if he wants the job plus he prob will have to continue the Man Utd tradition of attacking football.

It was a great win yesterday. Nice to see Park scored. lol 3 lung Park! All 3 goals that curled into the net were very well taken and the opening goal was quite lucky to squeezed in.

Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    IMO, Fergie shouldn't buy Berbatov in the first place.
    Sure Berbatov is very talented with sublime touches.
    But the twin upfront in Tevez and Rooney is already world class.
    Plus so many up and coming youngsters from the academy.
    I think Berba is quite impt. He scored a few crucial goals already plus he gives the team different options and diamentions. All 3 strikers are very impt and are a class act. Rooney is now on fire, keep scoring although he missed a sitter yesterday.

The youngsters like F.Campbell and Welbeck are still a bit lightweight. Lack the strength to hold the ball esp. Campbell can't even get into Spurs team, its hard for him over there with so many strikers ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    I think Mourinho will have a great chance managing Man Utd once Fergie retires but it will depend on Fergie's recommendation if he wants the job plus he prob will have to continue the Man Utd tradition of attacking football.

It was a great win yesterday. Nice to see Park scored. lol 3 lung Park! All 3 goals that curled into the net were very well taken and the opening goal was quite lucky to squeezed in.
    Yeah ... he is the One for the Job snice he finds that he got no challenge in Italy!
    when he is here i am sure he will cont SAF fine run of Cups! And scared the daylights ooutof the opponent!
    Last edited by melvin; 9th March 2009 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    I think Berba is quite impt. He scored a few crucial goals already plus he gives the team different options and diamentions. All 3 strikers are very impt and are a class act. Rooney is now on fire, keep scoring although he missed a sitter yesterday.

The youngsters like F.Campbell and Welbeck are still a bit lightweight. Lack the strength to hold the ball esp. Campbell can't even get into Spurs team, its hard for him over there with so many strikers ahead of him.
    Agreed we need Berba for Rooney is still not very consistence yet so is Tevez and we need him to score when these 2 left their scoring boots at home! And he is just of the right age with experience our front man needs...as the youngsters needs polishing!

And also we need depth of our team to win all the cups, not only depth but quality ones! So signing of Berba is a wise move by the wise old Gaffer!
    Last edited by melvin; 9th March 2009 at 12:56 AM.

Read reports that Rio might be injured and may not make it for the Inter game. Inter also got injuries in their defence. So I think we have a very good chance.

Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    Arsenal are thru to the Semi-Final of the FA Cup with a 3-0 win over Burnley...
    Actually Arsenal are through to the quarters after beating Burnley. They will need to beat Hull next if they want to progress to the semis - to face Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Breyton View Post
    Actually Arsenal are through to the quarters after beating Burnley. They will need to beat Hull next if they want to progress to the semis - to face Chelsea.
    My bad dude.
    Ya, Arsenal against Hull in the Quater-Finals.
    3 teams that are thru to the Semis are Man Utd, Chelsea, Everton.

Reds face Toffees

United have been drawn against Everton in the FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley.

It will be the 11th FA Cup meeting between the pair with the last cup clash - an FA Cup fifth round tie in February 2005 at Goodison Park - ending in United's favour.

The Toffees famously defeated the Reds in the 1995 FA Cup final thanks to Paul Rideout's winner.

This latest meeting will take place over the weekend of 18/19 April.

United booked their place in the last four of the competition thanks to a 4-0 victory at Fulham following goals from Carlos Tevez (2), Wayne Rooney and Ji-sung Park.

Due to United's involvement in the FA Cup, the Reds' Premier League trip to Wigan, scheduled for Sunday 19 April, has now been postponed.

The other semi-final sees Arsenal or Hull take on Chelsea. Arsenal, who beat Burnley 3-0 in their delayed fifth round tie on Sunday, will entertain Hull at the Emirates Stadium later this month in their delayed quarter-final clash.

Please note: United's Premier League trip to Wigan, scheduled for Sunday 19 April, has now been postponed.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2338434647484950 ... LastLast