Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13283336373839404348 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 1005

Thread: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

  1. #741
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    It was a good result. SAF can even afford to bring in J Evans and D Gibson for match practice
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

  2. #742

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    It was a good result. SAF can even afford to bring in J Evans and D Gibson for match practice
    Yeah man. These 2 are definitely players for the future.
    They have gained lots of exposure this season.
    And they played pretty well under tremendous pressure.

  3. #743
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    Yeah man. These 2 are definitely players for the future.
    They have gained lots of exposure this season.
    And they played pretty well under tremendous pressure.

    I see J Evans as the person to succeed R Ferdinand. Though he is 30 now, R Ferdinand gets more injuries last few seasons and J Evans has blosommed this season.

    D Gibson will prob play second fiddle. Right in the middle there is Carrick, D Fletcher, Anderson.

    Prob off season SAF might bring a striker in to have 4 traditional forwards.
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

  4. #744
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    Man Utd 3-0 Fulham

    First half was superb, second half nowhere near.
    Scholes was simply awesome, dictating the midfield.
    First goal, pin point corner from Carrick, and Scholes with his trademark first time volley from outside box.
    Second goal, O'Shea put it across goal, Berbatov calmly slot in.
    Third goal, Park put it across goal, Rooney scored just 2mins on the pitch.

    Man Utd 5 points ahead of Liverpool.
    VDS breaks world record for clean sheet.
    Rooney's back with a goal.
    Yeah 3-0 win, world record broken another record on the way! and Rooney's first touch turn into goal!

  5. #745
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    I see J Evans as the person to succeed R Ferdinand. Though he is 30 now, R Ferdinand gets more injuries last few seasons and J Evans has blosommed this season.

    D Gibson will prob play second fiddle. Right in the middle there is Carrick, D Fletcher, Anderson.

    Prob off season SAF might bring a striker in to have 4 traditional forwards.
    J Evans needs much more match experience n drilling before he can really be ready to take over R Ferdinard!

  6. #746
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    J Evans needs much more match experience n drilling before he can really be ready to take over R Ferdinard!
    To me J Evans have too much baby fat.....looked alike O'shea....he needs to build mussles, speed and be more aggresive

  7. #747
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Yeah 3-0 win, world record broken another record on the way! and Rooney's first touch turn into goal!
    Read some where he needs another 89mins against Blackburn to break Europe club record....now I am quite puzzled that how come they said he had broken the world record but still need to concur the Europe record?

  8. #748
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    To me J Evans have too much baby fat.....looked alike O'shea....he needs to build mussles, speed and be more aggresive
    Thats i said he needs more drilling n toughen more!

  9. #749
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Read some where he needs another 89mins against Blackburn to break Europe club record....now I am quite puzzled that how come they said he had broken the world record but still need to concur the Europe record?
    Maybe it is 2 standard like World cup n Euro cup! Cos u World cham doesnt mean same as Euro cham! ?

  10. #750
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Thats i said he needs more drilling n toughen more!
    No need to drill lah...he is center, not fullback like Evra or Rafael

    If he has half the heading skill of Vidic then very good liao

    Good in dribbling lagi jialat, sekalia he suka suka dribble in his own half like Bartez....and sueh sueh the ball got stollen, he will be crown man

  11. #751
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    No need to drill lah...he is center, not fullback like Evra or Rafael

    If he has half the heading skill of Vidic then very good liao

    Good in dribbling lagi jialat, sekalia he suka suka dribble in his own half like Bartez....and sueh sueh the ball got stollen, he will be crown man
    center then need more discipline! cos behind him is no one to cover!

  12. #752
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Paul Scholes was simply superb. Despite his age, he rolled back the years by orchestrating the midfield and his passes simply destroyed the opponents. The way he sprayed his passes was a pure joy to watch and many a times he just spilt the opponent's defence wide open with a simple pass. You could see him spraying his passes around with deadly accuracy and at one point one pass from the middle cut across 5 Fulham players like a hot knife slicing thru butter. Last week, we were heaping praises on Giggs, another old guard, this time around its Scholes' turn to put up a stellar performance. The duo have shown that, despite their age, they still have plenty of fire in their bellies and a shining example for the young players to emulate.

  13. #753
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Paul Scholes was simply superb. Despite his age, he rolled back the years by orchestrating the midfield and his passes simply destroyed the opponents. The way he sprayed his passes was a pure joy to watch and many a times he just spilt the opponent's defence wide open with a simple pass. You could see him spraying his passes around with deadly accuracy and at one point one pass from the middle cut across 5 Fulham players like a hot knife slicing thru butter. Last week, we were heaping praises on Giggs, another old guard, this time around its Scholes' turn to put up a stellar performance. The duo have shown that, despite their age, they still have plenty of fire in their bellies and a shining example for the young players to emulate.
    So will it be Gary Neville's turn this saturday

  14. #754
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Paul Scholes was simply superb. Despite his age, he rolled back the years by orchestrating the midfield and his passes simply destroyed the opponents. The way he sprayed his passes was a pure joy to watch and many a times he just spilt the opponent's defence wide open with a simple pass. You could see him spraying his passes around with deadly accuracy and at one point one pass from the middle cut across 5 Fulham players like a hot knife slicing thru butter. Last week, we were heaping praises on Giggs, another old guard, this time around its Scholes' turn to put up a stellar performance. The duo have shown that, despite their age, they still have plenty of fire in their bellies and a shining example for the young players to emulate.
    Yeah Giggs and Scholes looked very hungry and fresh. Lots of ideas and dynamic play from them. Scholes' goal last nite was also a beauty. Wonder how he managed to get the volley on target from a corner. Giggs and Scholes have already scored wonder goals, hope to see more of these from them. Think Fergie really did a good job on them.

  15. #755
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Quote from BBC Sport:

    The result provided United with the ideal launch pad for a spell of eight games in 25 days, including a Champions League tie against Inter Milan, the Carling Cup final against Tottenham and ending with the Premier League visit of Liverpool.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...em/7884148.stm

    It gets busier and the schedule is really unrelenting. But I'm confident Man Utd can cope and handle it well.

  16. #756

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Unrelenting is indeed the word to describe the schedule.
    Good for fans like us, because we get to watch a game every 3-4 days.


    Giggs and Scholes really providing the inspiration. Crunch time coming up with games in Champs League, with better opponents and much more travelling. Lets get behind our team!!!

  17. #757
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Yeah Giggs and Scholes looked very hungry and fresh. Lots of ideas and dynamic play from them. Scholes' goal last nite was also a beauty. Wonder how he managed to get the volley on target from a corner. Giggs and Scholes have already scored wonder goals, hope to see more of these from them. Think Fergie really did a good job on them.
    Good that their form is peaking now just in time for the Inter game! SAF will most likely to field them as it is SAF style is most likely to go for experience then any other when it comes to CL!

  18. #758

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    This weekend

    Man Utd vs Blackburn
    Aston Villa vs Chelsea (3rd vs 4th place)
    Liverpool vs Man City (2nd vs 9th place)

    Hope Villa and Chelsea draw, then Robinho on form help City win Liverpool.

  19. #759
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    New contract for G. Neville.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...td/7901529.stm

    Manchester United captain Gary Neville has agreed terms on a one-year contract extension which will keep him at Old Trafford until 2010.

    The 34-year-old has spent his entire career at Old Trafford and made his debut against Torpedo Moscow in 1992.

    Neville joins fellow veteran Ryan Giggs in signing a new deal at the club.

    "Manchester United is the only club I wanted to play for so I am delighted to sign for another year," he told the club's official website.

  20. #760
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Manchester United IX - Quest for Treble Glory Continues....

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    New contract for G. Neville.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...td/7901529.stm

    Manchester United captain Gary Neville has agreed terms on a one-year contract extension which will keep him at Old Trafford until 2010.

    The 34-year-old has spent his entire career at Old Trafford and made his debut against Torpedo Moscow in 1992.

    Neville joins fellow veteran Ryan Giggs in signing a new deal at the club.

    "Manchester United is the only club I wanted to play for so I am delighted to sign for another year," he told the club's official website.

    I tot he going into management/coaching?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •