Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56

Thread: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

  1. #21
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    As many times as it takes to enlighten a person to maturity....
    It's GOING to be a LONG PATH....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  2. #22

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    get to know her mother
    and if her mother likes you alot, then you can marry the daughter

    if anything goes wrong, ask your mother in law to step in
    one of my friends just did that (getting to know her mother more), and in the end he married her mother ...
    always the Light, .... always.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    get to know her mother
    and if her mother likes you alot, then you can marry the daughter

    if anything goes wrong, ask your mother in law to step in
    wow very wise. I go as far as she must have a hobby which is either cooking or baking or better, both, cos that will get her to get along very well with my mum. With that then I have less headache as they will fight less (or they will fight over food which is easier to settle). Or at least that is my strategy. Not sure yet how it will work cos finding such girl in singapore is like striking TOTO.

  4. #24

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    get to know her mother
    and if her mother likes you alot, then you can marry the daughter

    if anything goes wrong, ask your mother in law to step in
    No leh! now both of them hate me

  5. #25
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    one of my friends just did that (getting to know her mother more), and in the end he married her mother ...
    In that case you better get to know her sister.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    wow very wise. I go as far as she must have a hobby which is either cooking or baking or better, both, cos that will get her to get along very well with my mum. With that then I have less headache as they will fight less (or they will fight over food which is easier to settle). Or at least that is my strategy. Not sure yet how it will work cos finding such girl in singapore is like striking TOTO.
    Sabah, Sarawak and Trengganu etc. got many.

  7. #27

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    In that case you better get to know her sister.
    they should get to know you instead
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

  8. #28
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by albinosage View Post
    Why? So mesmerised in the XMM thread that you thinking of skipping the TFCD lingerie shoot and jump straight to proposing to SG's Nigella Laurance ah?
    How long have you been thinking along this line?

  9. #29

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    If you spot someone whom you fancy and have potential to be your lifetime partner, do you go all the way to get her first and then take your time to "discover" her true characters before you propose OR do you take your time to know her fully, and if you feel she is THE one, then you go all out to get and propose to her?
    Of course, any direction has it's pro and cons ...
    you just choose

    why think so much.. that said, of course don't go to wrong places to choose..

  10. #30

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    you just choose

    why think so much.. that said, of course don't go to wrong places to choose..
    cannot like that ....
    jus like buyin a cam, there is canon, nikon, olympus, pentax, sony ....its a system commitment u know ... must choose carefully

    and of course, like wat night86mare says .. dont go to wrong places to choose


  11. #31

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    cannot like that ....
    jus like buyin a cam, there is canon, nikon, olympus, pentax, sony ....its a system commitment u know ... must choose carefully
    no lor, buy cam, you know what you get already if you do research..

    like you know for example, that pentax is super value for money, very rugged build (hee hee blowing brand trumpet here ftw)

    for lifetime partner, 1 month you think you know everything; 1 year later you realise that you know nothing. and hopefully that's the time when you hope that you like what you don't know.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    .... that said, of course don't go to wrong places to choose..
    Patpong is one wrong place?

  13. #33

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Patpong is one wrong place?
    you damn evil luh

  14. #34

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    get to know her mother
    and if her mother likes you alot, then you can marry the daughter

    if anything goes wrong, ask your mother in law to step in
    Not only that, its also a great way to gauge what she'll look like when she's old

  15. #35

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    no lor, buy cam, you know what you get already if you do research..

    like you know for example, that pentax is super value for money, very rugged build (hee hee blowing brand trumpet here ftw)

    for lifetime partner, 1 month you think you know everything; 1 year later you realise that you know nothing. and hopefully that's the time when you hope that you like what you don't know.
    hahahah .. ya .. buy 1st body + lens , then prime, then zoom, then wide angle and flash ..
    then realise .. oooppps ... too expensive to cut loss ...

    relationships are like that too .. especially if u married and with kids .......

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    494

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    孔子曰: 唯女子與小人爲難養也!

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    get to know her mother
    and if her mother likes you alot, then you can marry the daughter

    if anything goes wrong, ask your mother in law to step in
    wait result in luv triangle how?

  18. #38
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benign View Post
    孔子曰: 唯女子與小人爲難養也!
    Agreed!
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  19. #39
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    wait result in luv triangle how?
    Throw in the sister, you'll get love rectangle.

  20. #40

    Default Re: How does one choose a lifetime partner?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

    for lifetime partner, 1 month you think you know everything; 1 year later you realise that you know nothing. and hopefully that's the time when you hope that you like what you don't know.
    If she has secrets deep inside her and she doesn't want anyone including you to know, then you won't know forever. If you have read books on women psychology, you will know how women work. They will love you and take care of you with all their heart and all their life, but deep inside they have certain pages of their past which we will never know. Treasure the present. Chin chye a bit and try not to dig up people's past, or even your past. Forget the past and move on.

    smalltake: That's just a casual joke. At my age, if I don't even know that theory, that would be very pathetic. =)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •