Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pinholes in action

Default Re: The Pinholes in action

Quote Originally Posted by kritikosN1 View Post
    Bring more memory card next time and try again.

1/10
    you're not being constructive. and there's more in the photo than your nonsensical comment.

Quote Originally Posted by fabianaino View Post
    I think photos intent is to transpire a feel for that moment ... it works for me ... =)

Like the PS effect it enhances the picture ... I think many years later this would still be a great photo ... =)
    thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by frametology View Post
    the pp is good. nice treatment.

the bokeh is good too.

aesthetically speaking, i think this is a good shot. good overall feel.

technically speaking, not so, because of the lead singer not being in focus (maybe due to the 1.8 as someone here has pointed out)

contextually speaking, i'm not so sure if the photo really reflects what you're trying to say leh. haha. but that's what i feel lah.
    erm. his pose is saying to me "HUH? WHAT??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!"

jokes aside, i would have prefered this in a portrait orientation, not a landscpae. i want to see his legs. the legs may have changed the perspective a little drawing more focus on the lead singer due to a tighte crop.
    At least it looks pretty
    LOL. Kiddings

So anyway, thanks for your comments, will keep that in mind and try it again on next shot.

Bring more memory card next time and try again.

1/10
    zzz...
    Last edited by skazwan; 6th December 2008 at 06:06 PM.

you're not being constructive. and there's more in the photo than your nonsensical comment.

There is nothing constructive about the photo. Generic band stage photo, this is more of a photojournalist event shot nothing pretty about it.

I dont know what MORE things you can see in the photo. What is he trying to express with this photo?

OP said that he is here to ask about technical aspect? This isnt a technical forum.

OP also said that this is the best photo out of the lot. Which is very dissapointing.

Google "band on stage".
    http://images.google.com.sg/images?g...=band+on+stage

There is nothing constructive about the photo. Generic band stage photo, this is more of a photojournalist event shot nothing pretty about it.

I dont know what MORE things you can see in the photo. What is he trying to express with this photo?

OP said that he is here to ask about technical aspect? This isnt a technical forum.

OP also said that this is the best photo out of the lot. Which is very dissapointing.

Google "band on stage".
    technical aspect such as focus, sharpness and colours, tell me this isn't part of of this forum. I know it is not that sharp and some does say it's an eyesore, i don't mind it as they did bring some pointers across that have some value in my learning process.

They don't post nonsensical thing like 'bring more memory card'
    Cheers

technical aspect such as focus, sharpness and colours
    Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Almost all the masterpieces til now are soft and fading photos. You clearly still dont know what is wrong with your photo.

If your photo is pin sharp and perfect focus with no noise. It is still another generic photo of a event.

Google "band on stage".
    i googled "band on stage" and one of the images was this;

i suppose this is your idea of a 8/10 shot? pls enlighten me.

TS: sorry for the OT.
    Last edited by zaren; 8th December 2008 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skazwan View Post

Brader,

The composition is okay lah bro. I kinda like the perspective.... And the lighting is not that bad at all... despite the fact that you can't control the lights from the stage... *thumbs up*

One bad side, i think the overexposed guitar is abit distracting, thus making the focus towards the guitar[my two cents btw], but other than that, nice picture!

I think if you crop out only the vocalist and paste it somewhere to make a gig poster, with some nice fonts and blah blah blah, its nice. hahaha. just my idea tho. :P

And oh! i like the vocalist's expressi. like the fella was saying 'OH MY GOD! I LOVE MY JOB!'
    Last edited by rocfreaks; 13th December 2008 at 12:29 AM.

Google "band on stage".

imho, the vocalist sang his hearts out.. now thats what i call a true musician/singer. And skazwan is trying to picture the moment.

He did it perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by rocfreaks View Post
    Brader,

The composition is okay lah bro. I kinda like the perspective.... And the lighting is not that bad at all... despite the fact that you can't control the lights from the stage... *thumbs up*

One bad side, i think the overexposed guitar is abit distracting, thus making the focus towards the guitar[my two cents btw], but other than that, nice picture!

I think if you crop out only the vocalist and paste it somewhere to make a gig poster, with some nice fonts and blah blah blah, its nice. hahaha. just my idea tho. :P

And oh! i like the vocalist's expressi. like the fella was saying 'OH MY GOD! I LOVE MY JOB!'
    Thanks for your comment, actually I was wondering y the guitarist grab alot of attention. Since u pointed that out, i guess it should be one of the reason.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocfreaks View Post
    imho, the vocalist sang his hearts out.. now thats what i call a true musician/singer. And skazwan is trying to picture the moment.

He did it perfectly.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    i googled "band on stage" and one of the images was this;

i suppose this is your idea of a 8/10 shot? pls enlighten me.

TS: sorry for the OT.
    hahaha. this is a 11/10 shot.

oh, why is he deregistered. sian. no more people to 'cs stalk'. HAHA. his posts are all damn hilarious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12