Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

  1. #1

    Default why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    quite a hilarious read - http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/wife.htm

    HOW TO SELL YOUR WIFE (ON A NEW CAMERA)

    Want domestic tranquility? Want a happy wife?

    She wants great photos of her kids and family.

    Don't ask her to buy a camera. She could care less about equipment. Women hate gear.

    Tell her you're getting the family what it needs to create priceless memories which, presuming you backup properly, will last forever. She wouldn't want you to let these memories slip away unphotographed. You want digital because the memories can be copied and safeguarded elsewhere in case of fire, and in case of fire you can grab your spare hard drive and take everything with you in one small drive.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    I got a friend whose wife reward him with camera and lense as he reduce the number of cigarettes he smokes in a day, if he increase, then the camera got locked.

  3. #3
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    I got a friend whose wife reward him with camera and lense as he reduce the number of cigarettes he smokes in a day, if he increase, then the camera got locked.
    women are just evil

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    women are just evil
    They are smart evil. I think she read that how to train your husband like a dog book.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    I got a friend whose wife reward him with camera and lense as he reduce the number of cigarettes he smokes in a day, if he increase, then the camera got locked.
    damn i should've picked up smoking while i could...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    she wants a private TFCD session?

  7. #7

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    women are just evil
    That's not evil Ortega.

    Truly evil feminine wiles would be the wife who regulates the amount of photographic gear hubby buys based on his interaction and shooting activities with XMM and any other female mollers at organised hoots or TFCDs.

    The less he interacts and therefore shoots as well, the more gear he gets to buy.

    Eventually, and if he's a really gooood boi, he would end up with a house full of the latest and greatest and no seksi hoot to go to because if he does, all the gear gets locked up!

  8. #8

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    In local context, when my wife ever wants me to buy a new cam is probably because she has wrecked the car or bought something really expensive that she did not want me to know.

  9. #9

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    haha, i think thats universal.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    It's so bizarre that there are so many men here whose wives control how they spend their own money.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

  11. #11
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    It's so bizarre that there are so many men here whose wives control how they spend their own money.
    Spoken like a man without a woman relationship. heheheheheh

  12. #12
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Inimatad View Post
    In local context, when my wife ever wants me to buy a new cam is probably because she has wrecked the car or bought something really expensive that she did not want me to know.
    Spoken like a man married to a woman. heheheheheh

  13. #13

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Spoken like a man married to a woman. heheheheheh
    That's why man married to another man is called gay marriage. Nobody control how they spend their money = happy = gay.

  14. #14
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    Quote Originally Posted by albinosage View Post
    That's why man married to another man is called gay marriage. Nobody control how they spend their money = happy = gay.
    Spoken like a man who doesn't know better either way or alternative . hahahahah

  15. #15
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    Quote Originally Posted by albinosage View Post
    That's why man married to another man is called gay marriage. Nobody control how they spend their money = happy = gay.
    Actually...to be serious for a while. You are not right. If you recall the recent PROP8 which took place in the USA during about the same time as the recent Presidential Election. It was for gay rights. This is not a right for gay sexual lifestyle but PROP 8 is about money and legality of gay marriage to the same as those for straight couples according to the rules of the country..etc.

    This means carry the same rights, privilleges, penalty eg.. for marriage, divorce, death will, couple benefits like spouse medical bills, enrolling their adopted children..etc. So even for folks of the alternative lifestyle... money and buying matters are seeking to be legitimize too.

  16. #16

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Spoken like a man who doesn't know better either way or alternative . hahahahah
    No lah, you read too much into my words. I'm not as articulate as you, the joke I meant to crack sounded much better in my head

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Actually...to be serious for a while. You are not right. If you recall the recent PROP8 which took place in the USA during about the same time as the recent Presidential Election. It was for gay rights. This is not a right for gay sexual lifestyle but PROP 8 is about money and legality of gay marriage to the same as those for straight couples according to the rules of the country..etc.
    This means carry the same rights, privilleges, penalty eg.. for marriage, divorce, death will, couple benefits like spouse medical bills, enrolling their adopted children..etc. So even for folks of the alternative lifestyle... money and buying matters are seeking to be legitimize too.
    When I said nobody to control how "they" spend in a gay marriage, it's not about the legalities or status or even homosexuality. I meant that since men all act as if money was controlled by the wife at home (I know a few of my friends who nicknamed their wives "Ministry of Finance"), then marry another man, can BBB all you want, burp as loud as you want at home = happy marriage AKA gay marriage. Problem solved.

  17. #17
    Member lennyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    I tried the "precious memories" argument and even expanded on it, waxing eloquent, without much success. So my alternative strategy is 先斩后奏

    "Oh, you mean you didn't know I was going to buy this? I thought I mentioned it last month."

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    damn i should've picked up smoking while i could...

  18. #18
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    I tried the "precious memories" argument and even expanded on it, waxing eloquent, without much success. So my alternative strategy is 先斩后奏

    "Oh, you mean you didn't know I was going to buy this? I thought I mentioned it last month."




    Spoken like a man who thinks divorce is a challenge worth exploring. heheheheheh

  19. #19
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    I tried the "precious memories" argument and even expanded on it, waxing eloquent, without much success. So my alternative strategy is 先斩后奏

    "Oh, you mean you didn't know I was going to buy this? I thought I mentioned it last month."



    Or try the old trick...

    This?? I bought this like ages ago... it's been in the dry cabinet, and I just took it out again.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  20. #20

    Default Re: why your wife wants you to buy that new camera

    sammy888 comments made my day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •