Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entry to JB via new Complex

Default Re: Entry to JB via new Complex

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Anyone knows how long do one need to walk from the new Custom to City Square ??
    My guess: 45 mins.?

Anyone knows how long do one need to walk from the new Custom to City Square ??
    one new overhead bridge nia...
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

Arrow Re: Entry to JB via new Complex

Yeah, there is an overhead bridge from the new JB customs complex to City square.

HTH.

Singapore side tends to jam up more often now due to the extra security checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    My guess: 45 mins.?
    You sure.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wibblo View Post
    one new overhead bridge nia...
    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Yeah, there is an overhead bridge from the new JB customs complex to City square.

When will the overhead bridge be...... Err..... complete ?? It took them like years & years to get the new custom to be built..... I have to wonder will be overhead bridge be ready anytime soon

Scuba & Father... For Life

Arrow Re: Entry to JB via new Complex

It's already constructed and you can see it from one of the toilet at City Square.

Actually, the level of development in JB is going up and you can see more Singaporeans living and working in JB.

You sure.....
    When will the overhead bridge be...... Err..... complete ?? It took them like years & years to get the new custom to be built..... I have to wonder will be overhead bridge be ready anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    This is sweeping......for your record....I drove in last saturday from the spanking new and more expensive 2nd link...SG side jammed for 1.5 hours all the way till Coca cola factory at Tuas....on the other hand...Msia side only jammed for 1 hr...total time taken to clear the custom....2.5 hour...steam
    i went in on sunday jb side jammed all the way to singapore custom side and the singapore custom officers sitting in their booth waiting for us to clear the road before they can serve the next car

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    This is sweeping......for your record....I drove in last saturday from the spanking new and more expensive 2nd link...SG side jammed for 1.5 hours all the way till Coca cola factory at Tuas....on the other hand...Msia side only jammed for 1 hr...total time taken to clear the custom....2.5 hour...steam
    SG side check car boot, passports & others
    Msia side chop & go without checking passports & car boot. Msia cars just drive past & go all the way

So who is more efficient.
    - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin View Post
    Singapore side tends to jam up more often now due to the extra security checks.
    Tonight I came back from JB, Msia side jamed until the Traffic Police HQ wasting 1 hr 8 minutes to clear ICA.
    SG side no jamed just take 16 minutes to clearing ICA.
    This scenario use to happen time to time.

for peoples that need to transit across the border.

Today new Complex become operational & terrible jam from morning to night.

Today during noon time, it take me one and a half hour to clear both Singapore and Malaysia custom. The traffic back flow starting from J.B. side and ended at the BKE. Many cars break down alone the way.

When back to Singapore around 6pm, it only take me about 30 min. to clear both custom.

I took some photo during the traffic jam to kill my time, hope to post and share in the forum soon.
    Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    It's already constructed and you can see it from one of the toilet at City Square.
    If you stand on the other side of the bridge you can see what peoples are doing in City Square toilets.

City Square toilets

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    So what's the pt of the new complex?
    to make money for all the contractors, subcontractors, every tom dick and harry who has connections to the BN government la of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Wibblo View Post
    my personal worst was 3 years ago....jam from our 2nd link until clearing JB customs complex...total damage - 3.5hrs.....had wanted to eat breakfast at JB....instead took lunch....good thing kids all drank milk and had slices of bread liao....
    i been seeing paper and it stated people waited hours to get to JB....why the long delay 3.5 hours...only one counter is open?
    5D MKII,1000D,16-35mm f/2.8 L USMII,75-300mm,18-55mm,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Personally i was hoping the new complex might speed things up for sporeans going from Spore to JB easier....seems like the msian govt did a wonderful work in causing the opposite....
    5D MKII,1000D,16-35mm f/2.8 L USMII,75-300mm,18-55mm,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Quote Originally Posted by Blackgoddess View Post
    to make money for all the contractors, subcontractors, every tom dick and harry who has connections to the BN government la of course....
    agree.....if not, they will end up become snatch theft.
    it's also a project of Malaysia Government to create millionaire

Quote Originally Posted by cqprime View Post
    Personally i was hoping the new complex might speed things up for sporeans going from Spore to JB easier....seems like the msian govt did a wonderful work in causing the opposite....
    this is their planning- plan for fail

Don't get the wrong impression based on what you read in the news. The report yesterday, was narrowly focused on the early morning on working day when JB workers rush to Sing to work.

Listen to the people who ACTUALLY went through the whole process. Don't listen to the armchair imaginators. I experienced the whole process (bus transport) and so I know, who is talking rubbish and who is not.

If the journey is by bus and not at purposely-chosen-ridiculous-peak-periods then it is smooth, easy and fast.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 20th December 2008 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Don't get the wrong impression based on what you read in the news. The report yesterday, was narrowly focused on the early morning on working day when JB workers rush to Sing to work.

Listen to the people who ACTUALLY went through the whole process. Don't listen to the armchair imaginators. I experienced the whole process (bus transport) and so I know, who is talking rubbish and who is not.

If the journey is by bus and not at purposely-chosen-ridiculous-peak-periods then it is smooth, easy and fast.
    Yesterday 07:20pm I driven from Singapore to JB I dun even see a bus what happen?????

well... drove in and jamed for 2hrs at the msia customs.. because someone didnt have touch and go... kenna stucked there.

but coming bk sg is fast..... but the slow point is still coming back from the sg check point. the passport checking is taking waaaayyy too long.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12