Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Entry to JB via new Complex

Default Entry to JB via new Complex

Just a note to all JB-lovers, entry to JB is now thru the new Sultan Iskandar Immigration Complex (shd be)...and must use their Touch N Go card hor...no more accepting cash at the checkpoint
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

Default Re: Entry to JB via new Complex

where to buy the "touch and go" card? if did not equip with that card while pass thru how?

Sorry to OT.

Btw, do we need the white card? It was waived at one point and then it was reinstated... not sure what is the policy now.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    where to buy the "touch and go" card? if did not equip with that card while pass thru how?
    Was told recently they started to sell at all JB Petrol Station, can also topup from there

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Sorry to OT.

Btw, do we need the white card? It was waived at one point and then it was reinstated... not sure what is the policy now.

Thanks!
    Yes a must to fill the white card now

Ha ha .... I never enter JB for quite a while already, almost coming to half a year. I got friends who frequents JB for shopping and dinner

to buy Touch N Go cards...worry not...they have TnGo ladies..lol...there are ladies who goes around the queue to sell the cards...

btw...not all JB station can top up the cards hor....a brochure comes with the card purchase to advise u on where u can top it up

white cards....a bane...not sure which relative of the ruling ones got the deal..so managed to re-open/require the filling up of forms again...
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

anyone gone through the new customer/immigration complex? is the traffic flow smoother?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wibblo View Post
    Just a note to all JB-lovers, entry to JB is now thru the new Sultan Iskandar Immigration Complex (shd be)...and must use their Touch N Go card hor...no more accepting cash at the checkpoint
    start liao meh ? i saw the news, but i was in germany... didnt really hear what they said... er.... anyway started liao ?

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Sorry to OT.

Thanks!
    need i think ? i know there was one time no need, but before i left for germany, i visited msia and they say need, which was after that period of time..

i guess still need ah ?

lucky touch and go card i buy long time ago.... NSH is a brreezee.. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    anyone gone through the new customer/immigration complex? is the traffic flow smoother?
    Clearing still at old complex & you just drive through the New Complex.
    The lanes are very narrow & the layout is really suck.

vince123123
    Guests

So what's the pt of the new complex?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    The main point is 10%

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    The main point is 10%
    So...

It's pointless after all?

oh no...to them..it means Malaysia Boleh.....boleh create traffic jam too...

Arrow Re: Entry to JB via new Complex

It does not matter, Singaporeans will still go to JB whether you need to use the white card or the new complex.

IIRC, the new complex was built with the revamp of the current bridge in mind. Remember the crooked Bridge design? Singapore side does not agree with the proposal of a new bridge so Malaysia side came out with a alternative (crooked bridge) design during Mahathir reign. When Badawi took over, he scrape the idea completely (thats what makes Mahathir angry with him) but the new complex was already 1/2 way done.

Quote Originally Posted by Wibblo View Post
    oh no...to them..it means Malaysia Boleh.....boleh create traffic jam too...
    This is sweeping......for your record....I drove in last saturday from the spanking new and more expensive 2nd link...SG side jammed for 1.5 hours all the way till Coca cola factory at Tuas....on the other hand...Msia side only jammed for 1 hr...total time taken to clear the custom....2.5 hour...steam

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    This is sweeping......for your record....I drove in last saturday from the spanking new and more expensive 2nd link...SG side jammed for 1.5 hours all the way till Coca cola factory at Tuas....on the other hand...Msia side only jammed for 1 hr...total time taken to clear the custom....2.5 hour...steam
    You lucky lor, my Brother-in-law went in on Sat also and he SMS me not to go in as he's still on the Singapore side after 2 hours .
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

my personal worst was 3 years ago....jam from our 2nd link until clearing JB customs complex...total damage - 3.5hrs.....had wanted to eat breakfast at JB....instead took lunch....good thing kids all drank milk and had slices of bread liao....

Anyone knows how long do one need to walk from the new Custom to City Square ??

Scuba & Father... For Life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast