Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: Averal

  1. #21

    Default Re: Averal

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    vince123123 - Senior Member,
    questioning the qualifications (looks) and an outright attack on the model is a very different thing altogether, i am sure an educated man like your good self does not need me to tell you the difference.
    i have to agree with vince.he mirrored exactly what i had in mind.

    anyway, let's get over this TNP or averal thing lah.
    close it, life goes on.
    nude/lingerie shoots will still happen behind close doors and photogs will STILL continue to adjust models.
    i ALWAYS adjust my models, by touching them.guy or gals the same.

  2. #22
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Averal

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i have to agree with vince.he mirrored exactly what i had in mind.

    anyway, let's get over this TNP or averal thing lah.
    close it, life goes on.
    nude/lingerie shoots will still happen behind close doors and photogs will STILL continue to adjust models.
    i ALWAYS adjust my models, by touching them.guy or gals the same.
    madam senior member, my lines are clear and i expect the adults here who want to be treated like adults, to behave as such

  3. #23
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Averal

    basically i do not want this to turn into a mud slinging tournament
    i believe that the people here know how to phrase their posts tactfully

    read what you have typed before you click on the button

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Averal

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i have to agree with vince.he mirrored exactly what i had in mind.

    anyway, let's get over this TNP or averal thing lah.
    close it, life goes on.
    nude/lingerie shoots will still happen behind close doors and photogs will STILL continue to adjust models.
    i ALWAYS adjust my models, by touching them.guy or gals the same.
    you're diff mah...

    i doubt gals will react if another gal touch rite... and guys will react positively if you adjust them too...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  5. #25
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Averal

    Thank you ortega.

    I take this as an assention that we can make comments on the model's looks or qualifications to be a model, so long as we don't make out right attacks.

    E.g. OK - I think her looks do not suit a profession as a model as it is less than pleasing and hardly photogenic. I am not surprised she did not get much engagements as a model.

    E.g. NOT OK - Her face kena buang by truck so damn ugly that I want to puke - those who hire her must be more blind than a bat!

    This are mere examples and do not portray my opinion of Averal - just for illustration to make sure that I undersatnd you correctly. If I have misunderstood, please correct me.

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    vince123123 - Senior Member,
    questioning the qualifications (looks) and an outright attack on the model is a very different thing altogether, i am sure an educated man like your good self does not need me to tell you the difference.
    Last edited by vince123123; 2nd December 2008 at 04:44 PM.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Averal

    Would it make sense for the pose and portraiture photography section, including all related comments be put in a separate (maybe PAID) forum with proper registered users who are not anonymous? Maybe also all advertisements for models can go there too. Just a thought.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Averal

    This is real.

    I think everyone should just take a step back and cool it before posting... it's time to stop fanning the flame.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Averal

    I like your second example better though.


    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Thank you ortega.

    I take this as an assention that we can make comments on the model's looks or qualifications to be a model, so long as we don't make out right attacks.

    E.g. OK - I think her looks do not suit a profession as a model as it is less than pleasing and hardly photogenic. I am not surprised she did not get much engagements as a model.

    E.g. NOT OK - Her face kena buang by truck so damn ugly that I want to puke - those who hire her must be more blind than a bat!

    This are mere examples and do not portray my opinion of Averal - just for illustration to make sure that I undersatnd you correctly. If I have misunderstood, please correct me.

  9. #29
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Averal

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    This is real.

    I think everyone should just take a step back and cool it before posting... it's time to stop fanning the flame.
    Yes! Just carry on as per normal.
    And models/photogs pls find a companion to shoot..in case of misunderstanding.
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Averal

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    madam senior member, my lines are clear and i expect the adults here who want to be treated like adults, to behave as such
    dont be so fierce lah.i tot you always told me not to take things too literally?and you said anything is possible in a forum, and you can be my father?

    comon lah.lighten up damn it.

  11. #31
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Averal

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    dont be so fierce lah.i tot you always told me not to take things too literally?and you said anything is possible in a forum, and you can be my father?

    comon lah.lighten up damn it.
    when you come home tonight, you will see what happens
    i will lock up all your nikons

    i will give you a signal and you will know if i am really your father
    look for it
    Last edited by ortega; 2nd December 2008 at 04:57 PM.

  12. #32
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Averal

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    when you come home tonight, you will see what happens
    i will lock up all your nikons

    i will give you a signal and you will know if i am really your father
    look for it
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Averal

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    when you come home tonight, you will see what happens
    i will lock up all your nikons

    i will give you a signal and you will know if i am really your father
    look for it
    WOW...

  14. #34

    Default Re: Averal

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    when you come home tonight, you will see what happens
    i will lock up all your nikons

    i will give you a signal and you will know if i am really your father
    look for it
    ohhhhhhhhh pleassssssssseeeeeeeee dont do that dad...
    i sleep with my nikon.i need the 600mmafs vr as my bolster...
    how am i gonna sleep if you lock them all up dad?!?!?
    oh please oh please?!?!??!?

  15. #35
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Averal

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I don't know who is Averal and have little interest in photoshoots as I am a still life shooter.

    I have read at least 4 posts in CS brodering on personal attack on Averal with two references to her look.

    I find the lynching mob mentality of a photo forum disturbing.

    What has happened to the kindness, the big heart and friendliness we always see in CS?
    who are you and what have you done with the real sion?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Averal

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I don't know who is Averal and have little interest in photoshoots as I am a still life shooter.
    it is this way

    no one will bother to address the points that she was quoted on; but everyone will dig up her history, her background, make fun of facial features, make fun of this or that.

    just think of the wee shu min case a while back. i don't sympathise with that one, but 90% of the posts made on the matter were with regards to her mole. it is a sad day when freedom of speech is flaunted to the extent that it becomes much ado with nothing other than propping up fragile egos

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Averal

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    when you come home tonight, you will see what happens
    i will lock up all your nikons

    i will give you a signal and you will know if i am really your father
    look for it
    look who's talking...

    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Averal

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I'm not quite sure that I consider criticising a model on her looks as being a personal attack. In the same way we criticise a photographer on his skills when he showcases his photographs, models, will get criticised for their looks, since that is what they are selling and bringing to the table.
    so when you talk about modelling looks

    since when did a "pretty face" become a priority?

    it is like saying that a photographer's camera has to be beautiful and pro; there is a loose link there, maybe you can make your case, or at least try to, but it is based on your own perception of how the world should be run. i say that models don't necessarily have to be pretty. some of the best "modelling" phtoos i have seen are neither of pretty faces, nor of pretty bodies. it is usually those that make a much firmer, much more succinct statement, that forces us to think more.

    that said, i have nothing against pretty women. :P
    Last edited by night86mare; 2nd December 2008 at 05:12 PM.

  19. #39
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Averal

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    This is real.

    I think everyone should just take a step back and cool it before posting... it's time to stop fanning the flame.
    the thing is she fan the flame herself with all the contradictions that she's exhibited in the past. not to mention the jumping at minor things such as that incident with jing. CS didn't fire the first volley she did. It's almost like wanting to start a war but not having the guts to follow it thru. I'm not encouraging personal attacks but she's shown enough of herself to show that she lacks any credibility what so ever and she should come here and face the music of what she has done.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  20. #40
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Averal

    I don't disagree that a pretty face is not necessarily a MUST to be a model, but a pretty face is merely one of the many factors by which a model's "level" is assessed.

    That said, the post you quoted did not make a distinction between pretty or not pretty, just that looks as a whole can be criticised when assessing a model's "level". So I'm not sure why you're expanding the scope right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    so when you talk about modelling looks

    since when did a "pretty face" become a priority?

    it is like saying that a photographer's camera has to be beautiful and pro; there is a loose link there, maybe you can make your case, or at least try to, but it is based on your own perception of how the world should be run. i say that models don't necessarily have to be pretty. some of the best "modelling" phtoos i have seen are neither of pretty faces, nor of pretty bodies. it is usually those that make a much firmer, much more succinct statement, that forces us to think more.

    that said, i have nothing against pretty women. :P
    Last edited by vince123123; 2nd December 2008 at 05:18 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •