Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819222742 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to buy LX3

Default Re: Where to buy LX3

Ya they only left sliver colour only.

Quote Originally Posted by doraemon88 View Post
    You mean they only have silver LX3 left yesterday? Guess I would have to wait a while for the black ones to arrive.

Can you kindly post how you mod the LC-1 lens cover? Is the portion to shorten made of plastic or rubber?

1. Call AP SLS look for Mr Toh and he will reserve a set for you. I think he mentioned that he will get ur contact and call you when stock arrives.

2. The LC-1 lens cover. I'm still trying to figure out how to sand/file it down. The LC-1 is made of plastic. I'm thinking of using sand paper to sand it down...
    Need to file/sand it down evenly...
    The thing is whether to try to purchase a extra lens ring to stick it to the LC-1 so that its easy to put on and remove.
    Or to sand/file down the inside threads of the LC-1 a little and slowly test and try to screw it on to the LX3.
    Last edited by filmstar; 26th February 2009 at 02:54 PM.

Question Re: Where to buy LX3

Quote Originally Posted by filmstar View Post
    ...The thing is whether to try to purchase a extra lens ring to stick it to the LC-1 so that its easy to put on and remove...
    Wouldn't this give u more vignetting "distance" to solve/normalize?

Quote Originally Posted by ralliart12 View Post
    Wouldn't this give u more vignetting "distance" to solve/normalize?
    Not really. because I would have already file/sand down the LC-1 by half already.
    Just worried about the threads on the LX3 being worn out by abuse from the LC-1. lol

Not really. because I would have already file/sand down the LC-1 by half already.
    Just worried about the threads on the LX3 being worn out by abuse from the LC-1. lol
    From what I read is if u sand down on the LC-1 side, then u dun have to worry abt any "abuse" of snapping it on/off;
    the abuse is more likely from those who didn't sand at all and constantly snap on and remove e LC-1.

Quote Originally Posted by ralliart12 View Post
    From what I read is if u sand down on the LC-1 side, then u dun have to worry abt any "abuse" of snapping it on/off;
    the abuse is more likely from those who didn't sand at all and constantly snap on and remove e LC-1.
    So do you think its advisable to just use a large piece of sandpaper to just sand it down?
    I have no access to any machinary to aid me in that area. LOL...
    Last edited by filmstar; 27th February 2009 at 09:05 AM.

So do you think its advisable to just use a large piece of sandpaper to just sand it down?
    I have no access to any machinary to aid me in that area. LOL...
    I'm not sure sandpaper is the best "tool". Honestly I have no grounds to offer any advise for this mod bcos I did not pursue it any further after committing to using an adapter tube almost full-time on my LX3.

there are different grade of sand paper
    use the rough one first then move on down to the smoother sand paper for fine sanding.

i tot so too.. coz i have no access to a technical workshop to use machinary to help me buff down or cut the size away.

Just thought I'd put up the firmware update link in case anyone needs it (quite a recent one) -

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...LX3/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by monoceros View Post
    Just thought I'd put up the firmware update link in case anyone needs it (quite a recent one) -

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...LX3/index.html
    Thank you! hows ur LX3? and i saw your post on the gordy straps! which one did you purchasE? I'm considering buying 2! 1 for my LX3, 1 for my LOMO LC-A.

Blog Entries

any update on the pricing of the LX3 recently?

$680 - $690, depending on the package; just got another LX-3 for my niece from MSC on Friday.

LX3 is great. You have a Lomo? Nice. I don't have one but I have the Lomo L-case, which I'm now using for the LX3. The gordy straps should look pretty good with your cameras!

Thank you! hows ur LX3? and i saw your post on the gordy straps! which one did you purchasE? I'm considering buying 2! 1 for my LX3, 1 for my LOMO LC-A.

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    $680 - $690, depending on the package; just got another LX-3 for my niece from MSC on Friday.
    Can I know what does the package contains?

Hmm... Crscrs, you're not in the list... did we miss you out? anyways, no worries. We'll see you at AP SLS.
    And yes, I'm getting the Ricoh LC-1. Its up to you whether you want to purchase the LC-1 or do without it at a cheaper rate.

1. Filmstar
    2. Solanin
    3. popsicleheels
    4. Monoceros
    5. okkyn
    6. Crscrs

6 of us will be there to purchase the LX3 today ya? Will text you guys once I'm there.
    For the rest of you people purchasing later on. I'll ask someone who is going to handle the namelist that I'll be handing over.
    Post up the Sales person's name and you all can ask for him when you go down purchase your cameras.

Clubsnap MO list
    UPDATED

Details Given/ Day of Purchase - Wed
    Solanin
    popsicleheels
    Monoceros
    okkyn
    Crscrs

Details Given/ Day of Purchase - No indication
    Cheersjy
    Trioedge

Details - Not Given/ Day of Purchase - Sometime in March
    Blackwolf
    Doraemon88

Details - Not Given/ Day of Purchase - No Indication
    Metalgear (withdrawn)
    Ciaoroma
    Cheste
    Bluepig
    malkw

Purchased LX3
    Evilnick

Hope my information here is correct. If not, please pm or reply to this thread.
    Those who did not pm or reply in this thread. I'll still go ahead and give your name to AP SLS.
    But I'll inform them that you did not indicate whether you're truly interested in going to AP SLS to get what we are getting here. Okay?

Hi I got my LX3 already - prices pretty much standard but I went for $659 - black body + cover.

Metalgear! Good for you!

Hey where you got it metalgear?
    Am going overseas on Monday and looking to get a black set soon.

Got it in Singapore but think Holland and France

I was at PariSilk last week and witnessed a lady who bought LX3 at $630. Not sure what was included in the package. She was really beaming from ear-to-ear.