Thread: Third party lens for olympus?

Default Third party lens for olympus?

Hi All,

Still very new to photography, wonder which brand of 3rd party lens suitable for Olympus?
    Seen quite a few for sony, panasonic, cannon. Haven seen any for olympus

Oly-E510, 14-42mm,40-150mm, 14-52mm F2.8

Default Re: Third party lens for olympus?

There's sigma lenses for Olympus 4/3 mount. I'm using the sigma 30mm f1.4 with an e500 and I love it. There's also the 105mm n 150mm macro lenses and a few telephoto lenses by sigma too. Check in the 4/3 section, there's a lens chart iirc.
    E500, ZD14-45, ZD40-150 MK I, 30 f1.4, FL50R

Looking at the 2 threads you have started, I would suggest that you determine what you want to shoot first before looking around for other lenses. The collection you have is more than sufficient for general shooting usage.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

There is Sigma, Zuiko Digital lens (Olympus) and Leica 4/3 mount lens for your system.

just look for four thirds mount, they are all can be use with your camera body.

BTW check out four thirds forums for more information.
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by egnaro View Post
    There is Sigma, Zuiko Digital lens (Olympus) and Leica 4/3 mount lens for your system.

just look for four thirds mount, they are all can be use with your camera body.

BTW check out four thirds forums for more information.
    This allow you to auto everything, as they are 4/3 standard (when buying sigma look for 4/3 mount as same lense also have canon mount etc).

If you are more adventurous and experience (Manual mode is second nature) then adaptor will do and you can attach any lense that fits the adaptor.
    I am not that experienced yet, so I myself has not venture out of Zuiko (a few) & Sigma (only 1 sigma so far). Leica er over my budget liao.