Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 93

Thread: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

  1. #41

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    Let's all hope for a lower or special price before we decide to go.
    PASS. Not going

  2. #42

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by regi-nald View Post
    i guess is 1st days blues..SIN was like tt as well..only on e 2nd day than got more stuff..
    SIN started on a thur or fri yes no?

    this thing starts on a sat leh ... where nobody is working all chiong dwn one
    if its so boring on a sat... i dunnoe wats on sun or nye
    40D 50mmF1.8 17-85mm 24-70L

  3. #43

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    LOL... Just look at the previous MPT events.
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    Quality counts more than quantity, if you want to have a sustainable motorsports event industry. After a few similar events, the crowd tends to thin because it's mostly a rehash.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  5. #45

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    To the organiser, its a show planned for failure.
    drive & cannot park there.
    Good luck, my budds & me wont be there.

  6. #46

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by regi-nald View Post
    i guess is 1st days blues..SIN was like tt as well..only on e 2nd day than got more stuff..
    SIN 1st day already quite happening
    My flickr! Album - Sony a6000 (CZ 24-70) / CZ 85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/montoyasg/

  7. #47

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by Morphis View Post
    To the organiser, its a show planned for failure.
    drive & cannot park there.
    Good luck, my budds & me wont be there.
    No parking allowed at Changi Exhibition Center ? Can someone verify if this is true ? If it's true let's shun this exhibition altogether.

    Sorry for the car/sports industry - you don't rip off people this way !

  8. #48

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    Seems like quite a few of the CSer got bad experience there.. Luckily i didn't go if not $20 will be gone. Thanks for sharing to us your experiences

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by hermanXT View Post
    No parking allowed at Changi Exhibition Center ? Can someone verify if this is true ? If it's true let's shun this exhibition altogether.

    Sorry for the car/sports industry - you don't rip off people this way !
    That's just plain regrettable. What's going in the organisers' minds?

    Is this fact stated in any publicity collateral/ads?
    Last edited by LazerLordz; 28th December 2008 at 05:00 PM.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  10. #50

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    That's just plain regrettable. What's going in the organisers' minds?

    Is this fact stated in any publicity collateral/ads?
    kept hearing this advertisement at 933fm ... tot wan to go ... but aft reading you guys' comments, i think can forget it liaooo .. hahaaa

  11. #51

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    I heard that they prohibited the use of nitro-methane but would still give it a go if I can find the time-table of the events but there doesn't seem to be any out. Anyone knows when the various races will be held?

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by saggice View Post
    kept hearing this advertisement at 933fm ... tot wan to go ... but aft reading you guys' comments, i think can forget it liaooo .. hahaaa
    As in parking is prohibited? So, shuttle services or what?
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  13. #53

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    Parking $5 per entry.

    Went yesterday.
    Paid the parking fees and wanna check out the registration... $20/head...
    A Big "NO-NO"... 3 of us decided to NOT join in the fun...


    Hope that helps,
    Cheers.

  14. #54

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    wtf... 5 bucks plus 20 for entry ... super chop carrot man...

    5bucks parking in changi! its more ex than city -.-
    40D 50mmF1.8 17-85mm 24-70L

  15. #55

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    Hey guys, I think it's pretty worth it for 20 bucks!

    Formula Drift = $10
    SIN = $10
    other motorshow = $10

    But this event is huge man... drift, drag, kart, race queens, exhibition, fireworks, etc.

    Even in the news it says it cost the organisers $3m. No one event is comparable to this man.... I'm going!

  16. #56

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by finathiq View Post
    Hey guys, I think it's pretty worth it for 20 bucks!

    Formula Drift = $10
    SIN = $10
    other motorshow = $10

    But this event is huge man... drift, drag, kart, race queens, exhibition, fireworks, etc.

    Even in the news it says it cost the organisers $3m. No one event is comparable to this man.... I'm going!
    Do post some pictures for us to see... Then we can also see if this event indeed worth the money and effort going down...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  17. #57

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    Do post some pictures for us to see... Then we can also see if this event indeed worth the money and effort going down...
    Sure.

    I mean dun get me wrong. I'm not working for the organisers. But look at the amount we all spent on our equipments. Obviously not for shooting grass or flowers. We need some high powered actions man....

    $20 cant buy you any lens.

  18. #58
    Member Mikey73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    I have to agreed with finathiq, the $20 buck to me is worth it.
    Much better than the Formula Drift, where all exhibits are host in the open air.
    This time, all the display cars and RQs are housed indoor in air-con.
    The Drag and Drift events are quite entertaining, plus the Go Kart.

    BTW, I went today, wasnt told to pay for parking, funny?

    If u guys are going down for the remaining days, please know the schedule of the drag and drift.

    Here are some shots that I took, something to share.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455324

    Cheers.
    Canon EOS

  19. #59

    Default Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    Worth it or not, I think that's subjective...

    From the pictures, it does seem that the cars for the displays are being re-used over and over again for X number of times... which I believed many others already have X number of pictures of those cars... No new cars? Paying a higher price to shoot old cars? Quite hard...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  20. #60

    Thumbs down Re: The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

    its not happening at all... feel disappointed for going there! Somemore $20 is reallly not worth at all

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •