Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast

Thread: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    u know wat... dats not a bad idea for (2)... mebbe we (as in the whole CS) can finally raise the standard of pics here.

wat do the rest think? feel free to add your suggestions, or join in the existing one in FAQ.
    those are horrible ideas.
    I must violently object to these ideas.

The issue here is not that we're having a problem with people viewing our images.

I don't even know what the problem is here. Why are we reacting like this???
    Did we do anything wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    smiling is a form of expressing emotion. lol. ur statement seems rather contradictory. first u say facial expression is important, den next claim modelling is not about all about smiling... so is it, or not?...

if the face is that important, why do XMM need to wear so little?
    Not all modelling shots want a happy emotion? Some want anger, sadness, longing, "love", etc. A good model should be able to bring out the emotions. Everyone can smile and be happy, but other emotions are harder.

Yes, modelling not all about smiling. Can be frowning, angry, sadness, emo, heartbreak, or what.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    exactly. u either want one or the other. u want someone who can channel expression and emotion go get an actor.
    maybe both? but a person who is both model & actor/ess will cost a princely sum. unlikely $60/hr shoot.

... dun think they will come CS post in Services Wanted too.

Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    But the question here is, to what extent? It is honestly difficult to render the bar being raised. As it is while those who have not registered and sign in have access to the portraits sub forum, it just merely takes them to register and go into it.

Dunno if this will work. Anyone who wants to enter the portraits subforum, must at least
    1) Post a requisite number of photos in relation to subsection itself?
    2) Members who want to access and post pics can pay a subscription fee?

I know I will get flamed for point 2. But if you look at many photo hosting sites, the number of pictures that a person is allowed to post is limited. Unless they upgrade. So if we apply this, it may work and deter people from jacking the forum itself as it is very easy to sign up at this point.

CS is a non-profit organisation, so the mony collected can go into upgrading the site.

Just a suggestion on the above.
    I ask that the people who actually post on the Portraits and Poses forum say something about this.

Let me state that if I am made to PAY money to SHARE my work with people, you can forget about ever seeing any of my work on this site ever again.

The problem here is not the people who are posting, it's the chee ko peks who are molesting girls. This kind of suggestion is a knee jerk reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Not all modelling shots want a happy emotion? Some want anger, sadness, longing, "love", etc. A good model should be able to bring out the emotions. Everyone can smile and be happy, but other emotions are harder.

Yes, modelling not all about smiling. Can be frowning, angry, sadness, emo, heartbreak, or what.
    good point, have any pic on longing & "love"? rare few XMM can pull off an emo... then again, got pic?

Let's analyze a few things.
    Firstly, we are jumping to the conclusion that the New Paper is holding a moral high ground.
    They may phrase the article in a way that is sexually titillating, and that APPEALS to the hypocritical moralism of some of their readers.
    But this does not mean we should jump to the conclusion that the New Paper readers disprove of us.

Let us analyze their readers.
    Chances are it's the shopkeepers, the army guys, the ah bengs at Sim Lim, the school kids.

What they want to see are sexual articles that stimulate their imagination.

We should take the article more lightheartedly, because we are assuming that the readers take this issue very seriously when I highly doubt so. The New Paper is well aware of their need to phrase their articles in certain ways to engage their viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Hypocritical ?

Take a look their sunday TNP cover.

It shows the pic of the deceased Singaporean hostage in Bikini.

Why the use of such saucy pics of the deceased for cover page?

It simply shows their lack of moral ethics, sensitivity and respect for the victim and her family from the editorial team.

Then the following pages they took a 180 degrees turn and stood on moral high ground damning amateur photographers using Art as an excuse to fullfill their sleazy hobbies..

Oh well ...

Their main objective seemed to be focused on generating higher readership leh.
    And Sex Sells !
    Thus the need for sensational articles

Anyway I can see that CS not affected leh

Still got so many sexy shoots lining up for Dec

Any TNP journalist joining any coming shoots?

You can actually ask the organizer to give you 30% discount since confirmed + chop + guaranteed that the photos taken will definitely be from a professional angle

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    The problem here is not the people who are posting, it's the chee ko peks who are molesting girls. This kind of suggestion is a knee jerk reaction.
    i would have luv to see CS do a pre-emptive strike on the cheekopeks!

I ask that the people who actually post on the Portraits and Poses forum say something about this.

Let me state that if I am made to PAY money to SHARE my work with people, you can forget about ever seeing any of my work on this site ever again.

the hilarious part is they're not even charging me and i can't be bothered to post my work here
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

i would have luv to see CS do a pre-emptive strike on the cheekopeks!
    petition the government to allow xmms to carry pepper spray, tasers and rape whistles!

maybe both? but a person who is both model & actor/ess will cost a princely sum. unlikely $60/hr shoot.

... dun think they will come CS post in Services Wanted too.
    well actors need headshots too u know

Let's analyze a few things.
    Firstly, we are jumping to the conclusion that the New Paper is holding a moral high ground.
    They may phrase the article in a way that is sexually titillating, and that APPEALS to the hypocritical moralism of some of their readers.
    But this does not mean we should jump to the conclusion that the New Paper readers disprove of us.

Let us analyze their readers.
    Chances are it's the shopkeepers, the army guys, the ah bengs at Sim Lim, the school kids.

What they want to see are sexual articles that stimulate their imagination.

We should take the article more lightheartedly, because we are assuming that the readers take this issue very seriously when I highly doubt so. The New Paper is well aware of their need to phrase their articles in certain ways to engage their viewers.
    I'm still waiting for their follow up on their expose on annabelle chong.

petition the government to allow xmms to carry pepper spray, tasers and rape whistles!
    where do u suppose they hide them during lingerie/bikini shoots, when 1 is most defenceless?

well actors need headshots too u know
    but the big difference is they'll be headhunting for decent pros to do that all important shoot. & they aren't on the same level as XMMs (i hope not)...

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Think going to raise another TFCD war again, but I think some QC must be there.

Some of the TFCDs I see.... well, *facepalm* is probably the word. And some expect to be paid, thinking they are supermodels when they don't even know how to pose.
    hmm i think you just discovered the lost martial art...

the face palm technique... this move is originally developed by Yang Guo & Xiao Long nu... then they forgot to patent it, and alot of imposters used this move and caused many martial artist to face plam...

one power move!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

let the paying photographer decide, money talks.
    Den Uncle George Washington or Queen Elizabeth on the Dollar and Pound are the most yandao and chio~

the hilarious part is they're not even charging me and i can't be bothered to post my work here
    What are you afraid of?

TNP?

where do u suppose they hide them during lingerie/bikini shoots, when 1 is most defenceless?

but the big difference is they'll be headhunting for decent pros to do that all important shoot. & they aren't on the same level as XMMs (i hope not)...
    There's a saying, "Women have more hiding places than men"

But I think if I go any further it will turn into a discussion of epic biological proportions.
    Think we'd better stay on track

Being a chee ko pek in Singapore is a crime?....
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    hmm i think you just discovered the lost martial art...

the face palm technique... this move is originally developed by Yang Guo & Xiao Long nu... then they forgot to patent it, and alot of imposters used this move and caused many martial artist to face plam...

one power move!
    They died donkey years long enough to expire any patent.

Muz quickly repatent and charge obscene amounts of royalty payments. Lotsa people are rediscovering the lost art.

if the face is that important, why do XMM need to wear so little?
    I think hor, it is suppose to distract attention away from the face mah
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

vince123123
    Guests

Hehe, once a patent is expired, it cannot be re-patented :P

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    They died donkey years long enough to expire any patent.

Muz quickly repatent and charge obscene amounts of royalty payments. Lotsa people are rediscovering the lost art.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast