Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 462

Thread: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

  1. #121
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Currently, non registered / not signed in have no access to the portraits subforum... I'm refering to raising that bar.
    As of yesterday, we had already closed off Portraits section to guests. Only registered members get to view.

    As a result, our daily registration rate jumped 4x ..... errm .... not quite the desired result but then, what the hey ...

  2. #122
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    As of yesterday, we had already closed off Portraits section to guests. Only registered members get to view.

    As a result, our daily registration rate jumped 4x ..... errm .... not quite the desired result but then, what the hey ...
    Higher membership ?

    I thought is a good thing ?
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  3. #123

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    As of yesterday, we had already closed off Portraits section to guests. Only registered members get to view.

    As a result, our daily registration rate jumped 4x ..... errm .... not quite the desired result but the hey
    hahaha.. normal lah.

    Not sure feasible but only allow access after a reasonable number of post in galleries forum? Just an idea.

    *edit... now we know how many lurkers are surfing CS too.
    Last edited by CYRN; 1st December 2008 at 02:18 PM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  4. #124
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    As of yesterday, we had already closed off Portraits section to guests. Only registered members get to view.

    As a result, our daily registration rate jumped 4x ..... errm .... not quite the desired result but then, what the hey ...
    Wow.

    Maybe you can try only paid-member can access.

  5. #125
    Deregistered scandal599's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Escaped from Gotham Asylum
    Posts
    563

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Tink u misunderstand liao.. nothing to do wif moderation. This board have facilities to totally disallow access to certain sub-forum. I think it also have criteria based accesses too.

    Currently, non registered / not signed in have no access to the portraits subforum... I'm refering to raising that bar.
    But the question here is, to what extent? It is honestly difficult to render the bar being raised. As it is while those who have not registered and sign in have access to the portraits sub forum, it just merely takes them to register and go into it.

    Dunno if this will work. Anyone who wants to enter the portraits subforum, must at least
    1) Post a requisite number of photos in relation to subsection itself?
    2) Members who want to access and post pics can pay a subscription fee?

    I know I will get flamed for point 2. But if you look at many photo hosting sites, the number of pictures that a person is allowed to post is limited. Unless they upgrade. So if we apply this, it may work and deter people from jacking the forum itself as it is very easy to sign up at this point.

    CS is a non-profit organisation, so the mony collected can go into upgrading the site.

    Just a suggestion on the above.

  6. #126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    hahaha.. normal lah.

    Not sure feasible but only allow access after a reasonable number of post in galleries forum? Just an idea.

    *edit... now we know how many lurkers are surfing CS too.
    No use one. U should have seen how despos chalk up post counts rapidly.

    Probably recommend raising the bar in the form of a seniority system. Portraits Gallery to be sealed off to all but established members who had been with CS for over... 5yrs?

    You can chalk up post counts by asking the same damned question or asking a vague question, getting vague answers and repeating the process a hundred times, but physical time itself is something that you definitely can't chalk up 'just like that'. I had seen mad folks chalking up post counts, hoarding and holding it up like some trophy to behold. I had seen even crazier people going all rabid if moderators/admin lock/close threads or issue infractions for issues which are obviously tasteless.
    Last edited by jsbn; 1st December 2008 at 02:21 PM.

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Tink u misunderstand liao.. nothing to do wif moderation. This board have facilities to totally disallow access to certain sub-forum. I think it also have criteria based accesses too.

    Currently, non registered / not signed in have no access to the portraits subforum... I'm refering to raising that bar.

    *edit.. mabbe extent that bar to services section too to minimise 'fly-by-holiday' operations
    if you have yet to notice... we constantly clean up that section...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    No use one. U should have seen how despos chalk up post counts rapidly.

    Probably recommend raising the bar in the form of a seniority system. Portraits Gallery to be sealed off to all but established members who had been with CS for over... 5yrs?

    You can chalk up post counts by asking the same damned question or asking a vague question, getting vague answers and repeating the process a hundred times, but physical time itself is something that you definitely can't chalk up 'just like that'.
    ya, easiest way to cheong post...

    thanks bro, nice pic, upz for you bro... or the nice

    should we have a minimum of 50 characters for each post instead of 5?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    ya, easiest way to cheong post...

    thanks bro, nice pic, upz for you bro... or the nice

    should we have a minimum of 50 characters for each post instead of 5?
    noted

    Ok, that's 5 characters~

  10. #130
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    But the question here is, to what extent? It is honestly difficult to render the bar being raised. As it is while those who have not registered and sign in have access to the portraits sub forum, it just merely takes them to register and go into it.

    Dunno if this will work. Anyone who wants to enter the portraits subforum, must at least
    1) Post a requisite number of photos in relation to subsection itself?
    2) Members who want to access and post pics can pay a subscription fee?

    I know I will get flamed for point 2. But if you look at many photo hosting sites, the number of pictures that a person is allowed to post is limited. Unless they upgrade. So if we apply this, it may work and deter people from jacking the forum itself as it is very easy to sign up at this point.

    CS is a non-profit organisation, so the mony collected can go into upgrading the site.

    Just a suggestion on the above.
    u know wat... dats not a bad idea for (2)... mebbe we (as in the whole CS) can finally raise the standard of pics here.

    wat do the rest think? feel free to add your suggestions, or join in the existing one in FAQ.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  11. #131
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    It's a fat grey line between what's acceptable and what's not. Who's to say what?

    No need a lot of control lah. Let the media blow this big enough and the whole genere will die naturally... like photographing children in some countries.
    that wouldn't be a bad thing altogether
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  12. #132

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    As of yesterday, we had already closed off Portraits section to guests. Only registered members get to view.

    As a result, our daily registration rate jumped 4x ..... errm .... not quite the desired result but then, what the hey ...
    wat a good and free publicity for your forum isnt it?

    just like simple comments posted by me in a PnP thread had helped up his thread 3-4 times viewership.

  13. #133
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    u know wat... dats not a bad idea for (2)... mebbe we (as in the whole CS) can finally raise the standard of pics here.

    wat do the rest think? feel free to add your suggestions, or join in the existing one in FAQ.
    wouldn't be a bad idea but what about new rising talents who want to post? they'll be left out unless u can make like a contingency for that situation.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  14. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    wat a good and free publicity for your forum isnt it?

    just like simple comments posted by me in a PnP thread had helped up his thread 3-4 times viewership.
    wat to do rite... u genie mah...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  15. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    wouldn't be a bad idea but what about new rising talents who want to post? they'll be left out unless u can make like a contingency for that situation.
    have a newbie gallery section?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  16. #136
    Member/Tangshooter g-khoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Under your Blanket
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    ya, easiest way to cheong post...

    thanks bro, nice pic, upz for you bro... or the nice

    should we have a minimum of 50 characters for each post instead of 5?
    Lol 50 words FTW!

    Must write essay critique! Haha

  17. #137
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    *edit... now we know how many lurkers are surfing CS too.
    Half of them are reporters looking for a story?

  18. #138

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    why not charge models advertising fees if they wanna look for services here...since they wanna get paid shoot of course must pay a fee otherwise wat? free advertising?

    like buy sell forum...they have ratings for the quality of the products at 10 being mint... so 10 is like highly experience level...so if those no experience ones cannot just come and $50/hr

    For modelling service offered

    They should have
    - rate per hr
    - experience 0-10
    - portfolio url
    - email
    - limitations/restrictions/others

    then charge them to the amount that the shoot organisers are paying for advertising. This way...those really cheapo models would steer clear and standards may increase too...I believe that problems will reduce significantly

  19. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    u know wat... dats not a bad idea for (2)... mebbe we (as in the whole CS) can finally raise the standard of pics here.

    wat do the rest think? feel free to add your suggestions, or join in the existing one in FAQ.
    I guess this would be a feasible suggestion.

    Perhaps some of the rules~
    - Subscription fee (maybe $5 for those who want access) AND
    - Required to have X number of QUALITY post counts OR
    - Required to be in CS for X number of years OR
    - A familiar member around the forum OR
    - A well-known figure in the Photography community OR
    - A well-known, established, reliable advertiser/marketeer in CS

    At least having a 'personal reputation system' amongst members itself would be the safest way of seperating the chaff from the wheat in addition to the ease of tracing down who's the main source of possible leaks of private photo shoots and kill the source of leak at its source.

    BTW, long time no see~ How's life handling kids?

  20. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

    Quote Originally Posted by g-khoo View Post
    Lol 50 words FTW!

    Must write essay critique! Haha
    50 characters not alot leh... but 50 words is overkill lah...

    50 characters = Upz for you & Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •