Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    how u gonna enforce that? anyone can lie about their age online le.
    A desperate (in a good sense) measure would be, do it like the advertising section... but let it be free. Models/photogs would have to go thru a special registration process. Of cos this ain't feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    A desperate (in a good sense) measure would be, do it like the advertising section... but let it be free. Models/photogs would have to go thru a special registration process. Of cos this ain't feasible.
    go thru special registration process...wow where have i heard that b4? best solution? totally shut down any and all advertising and solicitations. like that the forum's name will not be besmirched by black sheep. o wait. that ain't feasible either
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

go thru special registration process...wow where have i heard that b4? best solution? totally shut down any and all advertising and solicitations. like that the forum's name will not be besmirched by black sheep. o wait. that ain't feasible either
    We can advise... final decision up to admins.

aiya, just let the black sheeps roam free lah, since nothing is feasible. when there are no wolves, sheeps roam free, logic mah.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    aiya, just let the black sheeps roam free lah, since nothing is feasible. when there are no wolves, sheeps roam free, logic mah.
    We need hunters to control the population.. Else they overun the land and visitors visiting would think that this is a land of animals.

We need hunters to control the population.. Else they overun the land and visitors visiting would think that this is a land of animals.
    no, oni there will not be any grass left. the world is round, things may not affect us now but when it does, there may be no turning things back to where it once was. then we're screwed.

Look ... I think you mean well with your suggestion and also with your other thread to suggest an age restriction .... http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...44#post4567344

But really, i think this is a very rash knee-jerk reaction ... What you have suggested may sound good in theory, but may be very difficult to implement in a cyber environment where everyone hides behind a "nick" and can lie about just anything ...

We even have photographers lying about their work and trying to pass off other people's work as they own ... Are we going to try to regulate that as well ???

Besides ... CS is not the only source of XMM models ... there are so many other avenues to find these models ... Just go to Friendster or My Space or some Blog sites ... there are just too many of them available out there.

Stopping CS as a source does not mean that CS will not be mentioned by TNP in their next "investigative reporting" when they discover it is still photographers from CS going to these other avenues to get young models to shoot ....

Education and Educating these models is the key to trying to stop this whole issue ... I think Averal and Ejunlow has done is very commendable ... I just wish some of these "model-wannabes" take time to read these articles.
    Touch the Moments ... Hold the colours of Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean View Post
    Look ... I think you mean well with your suggestion and also with your other thread to suggest an age restriction .... http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...44#post4567344

But really, i think this is a very rash knee-jerk reaction ... What you have suggested may sound good in theory, but may be very difficult to implement in a cyber environment where everyone hides behind a "nick" and can lie about just anything ...

We even have photographers lying about their work and trying to pass off other people's work as they own ... Are we going to try to regulate that as well ???

Besides ... CS is not the only source of XMM models ... there are so many other avenues to find these models ... Just go to Friendster or My Space or some Blog sites ... there are just too many of them available out there.

Stopping CS as a source does not mean that CS will not be mentioned by TNP in their next "investigative reporting" when they discover it is still photographers from CS going to these other avenues to get young models to shoot ....

Education and Educating these models is the key to trying to stop this whole issue ... I think Averal and Ejunlow has done is very commendable ... I just wish some of these "model-wannabes" take time to read these articles.

why u think i roll my eyes. its obvious redstone was flogging the same dead horse that not just him but a number of other people have been doing. what you said is the better long term solution.

still need a sheep dog la otherwise the mindless sheep go over cliff

still need a sheep dog la otherwise the mindless sheep go over cliff
    its their freedom to choose wadever they wish? then got less to take care of liao... more manageable!

wa....... just came back home..... miss all the 'action'

just glanced thru the article... any1 knows who the 'photographer' is ? last heard .... his 'portfolio' is growing ?

TNP = Totally Nonsensical Paper?

Totally! Haha.

Ah, no wonder my blogfolio hits went up recently. Well, who cares about those tabloids, right? We are all mostly nice people around here. =)

but i do think she reacts to the silliest things. that thing with mattlock was so trival!
    i onced slammed her and her boyfriend for producing trashy images with equally trashy DI when they started blaming it on their equipment. in the end that thread became one of the hottest thread too.

hahah she branded herself as a former freelance model. I wonder what's the definition of model. The reporter must be laughing in his heart thinking...

"model? former freelance model? LOL, go back must tell the rest of the people what models have become in singapore. But sigh die die must haf something to write, so forget it la"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    i onced slammed her and her boyfriend for producing trashy images with equally trashy DI when they started blaming it on their equipment. in the end that thread became one of the hottest thread too.

hahah she branded herself as a former freelance model. I wonder what's the definition of model. The reporter must be laughing in his heart thinking...

"model? former freelance model? LOL, go back must tell the rest of the people what models have become in singapore. But sigh die die must haf something to write, so forget it la"
    well i will say thing: looking at the tnp shot no wonder i haven't seen any full front shots of her. bo chap la modeling is not her day job so she's got nothing to worry about.

So, when are we going to see even stricter controls (never mind if some people here are going to label Admins as 'draconian autocratic b*stards') on all these 'model shoot organisers' as well as tighter controls on the portraits and poses section?

let's not mudsling individuals here

newspaper report has nothing to do with the individual incidents here; if we daisychain them together, then we are also sinking to that certain level.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    let's not mudsling individuals here

newspaper report has nothing to do with the individual incidents here; if we daisychain them together, then we are also sinking to that certain level.

cheers
    can't be helped since the paper named kirk and averal so they've become the faces that people want to take their frustrations out on.

can't be helped since the paper named kirk and averal so they've become the faces that people want to take their frustrations out on.
    no need to play the blame game here

if there was no kirk

if there was no averal, there would be other people to take their place.

only a matter of time, anyways, if i be blunt

Hi guys
    I actually don't think the article is so bad.
    Of course they're trying to find an angle on it.
    But I think our conscience are clear. There are some of us who are shooting girls in lingerie.

TNP wants to make it seem like shooting girls in lingerie is disgusting and wrong.
    This is not true.
    There is also nothing wrong with photographs focusing on one's sexuality. There's a whole genre of it.
    To those photographers who do shoots which focus on sexuality and sexiness (however you define it), you have a responsibility to ensure that your pictures are of a quality where even if people disagree with your direction, they can respect your skill.

Let's not be too affected by TNP. Those people logging into CS because of this article may be disappointed to find out that there most of the pictures here aren't like what they read in TNP.

BTW agentmonkey it was Razor who posted that image of the woman in mitre hotel, not me.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast