Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11161920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

Default Re: newpaper's report on XMM shoots

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    quick someone call a shrink!
    yes. please get me one.... first article i see when i get off the plane is this...

wah liao.....

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    To quote:

"some things are insinuated without saying them loud

i'm sure you know what i mean. this will be the last post on the matter."
    no link = no link

cry cry

Quote Originally Posted by xziredmp View Post
    TNP is tabloid no issues. but journalist are always journalist, before they write, they base their findings on what they call "credible" sources.
    The author of this article, well...

TNP is promoting her weekly food column as "Singapore's Nigella Laurence", where she dresses up and poses with food (picture to word ratio 7:3) and writes headlines like "Hedy loves her meat". With a "journalist" like that, how to take what she says seriously?

Sometimes I wonder if people go intentionally OT with a view to getting a thread shut down. The same few people every time.
    This is the way the new censorship works.
    No need to close threads, just flood it with inane crap so all worthy information gets drowned out

vince123123
    Guests

Yea, and its disappointing that supposed leaders are also the key movers in this new form of censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    No need to close threads, just flood it with inane crap so all worthy information gets drowned out

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    I think after a dozen pages of intense discussions, with personal attacks flying around and intervention from mods and admins, most of the CSers who have something to say on this topic have already made their point. A few spin off topics have already got their own threads started and people have moved on to those threads to continue discussions.

I don't see how any worthy information is drowned out here since the idle banter is mostly isolated to the last few pages. It simply means the discussion on the thread topic has run its course

Quote Originally Posted by albinosage View Post

TNP is promoting her weekly food column as "Singapore's Nigella Laurence", where she dresses up and poses with food (picture to word ratio 7:3) and writes headlines like "Hedy loves her meat". With a "journalist" like that, how to take what she says seriously?

Loves her meat? That sounded wrong.

I think after a dozen pages of intense discussions, with personal attacks flying around and intervention from mods and admins, most of the CSers who have something to say on this topic have already made their point. A few spin off topics have already got their own threads started and people have moved on to those threads to continue discussions.

I don't see how any worthy information is drowned out here since the idle banter is mostly isolated to the last few pages. It simply means the discussion on the thread topic has run its course
    Sagely post.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

i have yet to see her pic but i can sure as hell guess she ain't no nigella
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Loves her meat? That sounded wrong.
    Sorry, I remembered her headline wrongly, it was "I love my meat". It was meant to be a light hearted weekly quick recipe column. It also had advice like "if you are planning to kiss your date I would suggest cutting back on the garlic" or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Sagely post.

i have yet to see her pic but i can sure as hell guess she ain't no nigella
    Don't like that.. Must give chance before judging her looks

Sorry, I remembered her headline wrongly, it was "I love my meat". It was meant to be a light hearted weekly quick recipe column. It also had advice like "if you are planning to kiss your date I would suggest cutting back on the garlic" or something like that.

Don't like that.. Must give chance before judging her looks
    dun have to. for a someone like her to want to emulate or compare herself to nigella is hilarious enuff as it is.

dun have to. for a someone like her to want to emulate or compare herself to nigella is hilarious enuff as it is.
    Okay, in that case I would agree with your rationale behind the ""

Okay, in that case I would agree with your rationale behind the ""

also don't u think that the food beat is waaaaaay different to the sleaze beat that she now seems to be covering?

also don't u think that the food beat is waaaaaay different to the sleaze beat that she now seems to be covering?
    Besides writing weekly column or features, these journalists have to cover regular "news" stories too. She's just doing her job, what the editor asks her to cover, just cover lor. It could have been anybody else covering the story and the article will still have the same bias and slant. Can't blame the poor girl who is just an employee following instructions.

My personal guess is that the previous journalist, Ho Lian Yi, kena whack left right and centre on CS after the article published, so the editor asked "SG Nigella Laurence" to do the follow up story. Maybe the CS community will be softer on a friendly female face?

Maybe the CS community will be softer on a friendly female face?
    maybe the friendly CS community should invite her for a friendly lingerie shootout .... TFCD of course....., provided she is above 18
    then she can write a follow-up for TNP, and inform the public that CS community is really a friendly and professional GWC club...
    always the Light, .... always.

My personal guess is that the previous journalist, Ho Lian Yi, kena whack left right and centre on CS after the article published, so the editor asked "SG Nigella Laurence" to do the follow up story. Maybe the CS community will be softer on a friendly female face?
    The fact is that the first article was not initiated by anyone here, out of the blue, and ended up with even lawyers saying that certain component of the activity is a legal grey area and ...haiz... juz look at the repercussion... not saying I'm against the decision, but rather we have "lost" something even before we can truly comprehend it.

The second was IMHO, a "follow up" to squeeze whatever left from the first article. It just so happen that Averal became the lightning rod simply cuz she happens to be a member here and the community, still reeling from the impact of the first article, that CS is getting more spotlight for the wrong reason then it deserves.

It's like a 1-2 punch to the community here... it really cast us in a very bad light.

Not to mention... now CS is a bookedmarked site for all those sleazey web lurkers... the directories are still visible to everyone.. and more than Averal will be getting unwanted requests for sometime to come.... by simply saying that she's doing it for the benefit of warning other models, she's opened a floodgate of unwanted spotlight not only on the forum itself... but also unwanted attention to the model directory listing.

vince123123
    Guests

And perhaps, a lot of wanted spotlight for herself.

Besides writing weekly column or features, these journalists have to cover regular "news" stories too. She's just doing her job, what the editor asks her to cover, just cover lor. It could have been anybody else covering the story and the article will still have the same bias and slant. Can't blame the poor girl who is just an employee following instructions.

the community hasn't been soft with averal so i dun see why the reporter would get more slack then

And perhaps, a lot of wanted spotlight for herself.
    wanted or unwanted?
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    maybe the friendly CS community should invite her for a friendly lingerie shootout .... TFCD of course....., provided she is above 18
    then she can write a follow-up for TNP, and inform the public that CS community is really a friendly and professional GWC club...
    hmmm... anyone knows her editor? this could turn out to be more sensational headliner!

Reporter turn Model for true experiences reporting!

have you all note that other than those war reporters... most are just side liners even if they are a witness.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11161920212223 ... LastLast