Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: HDR photos.

  1. #21

    Default Re: HDR photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    the haloing, the softness, the overdone detail

    classic photomatix look.. believe me, i can tell it's hdr
    yup can tell...
    but sometimes i purposely do surreal effects....gives a different kind of feeling to the normal photograph.
    some feels like an artist painting if you over do the haloing

  2. #22

    Default Re: HDR photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    yup can tell...
    but sometimes i purposely do surreal effects....gives a different kind of feeling to the normal photograph.
    some feels like an artist painting if you over do the haloing
    yes, and even then an artist would probably try to keep the hierarchy of light.

    i'm not saying "stay away from surreal overdone hdr like the plague"

    i am saying, "have a good concept in mind when you do surreal hdr, else you look like you don't know what you are doing"

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    昭南島
    Posts
    2,074

    Default Re: HDR photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by aHxi-o View Post
    haha. my definition of surreal is http://stuckincustoms.com/
    those are really 'wows'
    and lifelike meaning you cant tell it's hdr when in fact it is. 100% portrayal of scene.
    Is this life-like?

    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

  4. #24

    Default Re: HDR photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by parampita View Post
    Is this life-like?
    sorry bro,

    if this is hdr, then you are not maximising or capitalising on what hdr can do. sky is still blown out on my screen.

  5. #25

    Default Re: HDR photos.

    okie...here is one i tried to do...with 3shots hand held, bracketing.



    and this one have more surreal effects...you can say i over do it...and yup the leaves move!!!


  6. #26

    Default Re: HDR photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    okie...here is one i tried to do...with 3shots hand held, bracketing.



    and this one have more surreal effects...you can say i over do it...and yup the leaves move!!!
    the second one looks brightened, that's about it. the first one's pretty tame though, looks natural enough for me.

    when i get home and have full laptop processing power i edit your first one to look radioactive if you want

  7. #27

    Default Re: HDR photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    the second one looks brightened, that's about it. the first one's pretty tame though, looks natural enough for me.

    when i get home and have full laptop processing power i edit your first one to look radioactive if you want
    ha go ahead =)

  8. #28

    Default Re: HDR photos.

    I only did HDR once. and yes photomatix softens the image. ended up using shadow/highlight instead. lol. But when using hdr, you must know what are you trying to achieve. most pple do it just becos everyone is doing it. be it surreal or natural, it tat is wat you are trying to achieve then you succeed. no pt doing hdr and not bring out the dynamic range.

    personally, i belong to the "natural-looking" camp. haha.

    http://flickr.com/photos/dingzyangz/...7606295213859/

  9. #29

    Default Re: HDR photos.

    sorry to hijack, can photoshop cs3 stitch all the pictures together?

  10. #30

    Default Re: HDR photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by gaoxing840 View Post
    sorry to hijack, can photoshop cs3 stitch all the pictures together?
    yes.
    there is a automate function ->merge to HDR.

  11. #31
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: HDR photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by gaoxing840 View Post
    sorry to hijack, can photoshop cs3 stitch all the pictures together?
    For a while I thought u were refering to stitching a panorama. ( automate -> photomerge )

    Ryan

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: HDR photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    the haloing, the softness, the overdone detail

    classic photomatix look.. believe me, i can tell it's hdr
    hmm... lemme redefine "lifelike" -- can't tell it's HDR when in fact it's a HDR to untrained eyes.

    for example,

    Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    this image can be easily passed off as a non-HDR pic, due to its lifelikeness.
    Tousand Word - A thousand words not read but seen, not seen but felt, not felt but experienced

  13. #33

    Default Re: HDR photos.

    TS sorry for hijacking




    my first attempt for HDR don know did i do it correct it or not

    I'm very interested in HDR image because of the stunting colour , wish to learn more

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    昭南島
    Posts
    2,074

    Default Re: HDR photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    sorry bro,

    if this is hdr, then you are not maximising or capitalising on what hdr can do. sky is still blown out on my screen.
    You are right. It is mild. The actual "middle" exposure shows sky totally white.
    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •