Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ND Filters

Default Re: ND Filters

Quote Originally Posted by rEv09 View Post
    Are you referring to a full set system that has the brackets and filters? May i know where to get them and roughly how much will it be?
    The Cokin set you can get it at Orient Photo, Sim Lim, 6th floor. For Tian Ya (uses the same size, filters can be interchanged) you can check for Eugenep here in CS. He has a mass order for holder, adapter ring and many filters. Cheaper than Cokin but Tian Ya's selection is limited. Read up about the usage and the filter system, don't buy if you don't know what you need.

Check price at Orient Photo and Cathay Photo (cathay is actually distributor for Cokin but after waiting patiently for some 5 years I finally bought my ND Grad filter at Oritent Photo cos Cathay photo always run out of stock when I ask them - for ND grad filter).

I have no experience with TianYa as it was not available yet when I started using filters.

TianYa and Cokin actually has same size esp for standard model for DSLR, so see if you are OK with the bracket quality of TianYa and get that. Make sure you get the bracket that can at least accomodate 3 filters, and large enough for the largest lense you have, keep in mind for future expansion. Once you get a bracket of choice then you choose filters.

Dont buy a package. Pick and choose your own filter. On top of that I always have a UV filter either B+W (for my expensive lenses) or Hoya (for cheaper lenses).

If you are really into heavy use of filters try Lee but dont get shocked about the price. One of my friend uses that, bought from Cathay Photo. It is bigger than Cokin.
    Last edited by aryanto; 3rd December 2008 at 09:09 AM.

hmmm.. I've looked through the tianya equipment thread. Do you guys have any idea of the colour quality of tianya? The price is quite affordable but don't wish the colour to run off just by saving those bucks. =]

hmmm.. I've looked through the tianya equipment thread. Do you guys have any idea of the colour quality of tianya? The price is quite affordable but don't wish the colour to run off just by saving those bucks. =]
    it will not run off

you think tianya use ink?!

Dude... I've used Tian Ya for almost 2 years now... It colors hasn't "ran off" yet, and I don't expect it to for a long time... Tian Ya may be of lower quality compared to the other filter manufacturers, but give it some credit yeah!

haha.. alright alright! Now i know that tianya is quite a okie brand. guess i'll try to get hold of it tml! i'm looking into the holder, adaptor and gnd at the moment. should be suffice. =]

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    Check price at Orient Photo and Cathay Photo (cathay is actually distributor for Cokin but after waiting patiently for some 5 years I finally bought my ND Grad filter at Oritent Photo cos Cathay photo always run out of stock when I ask them - for ND grad filter).

I have no experience with TianYa as it was not available yet when I started using filters.

TianYa and Cokin actually has same size esp for standard model for DSLR, so see if you are OK with the bracket quality of TianYa and get that. Make sure you get the bracket that can at least accomodate 3 filters, and large enough for the largest lense you have, keep in mind for future expansion. Once you get a bracket of choice then you choose filters.

Dont buy a package. Pick and choose your own filter. On top of that I always have a UV filter either B+W (for my expensive lenses) or Hoya (for cheaper lenses).

If you are really into heavy use of filters try Lee but dont get shocked about the price. One of my friend uses that, bought from Cathay Photo. It is bigger than Cokin.
    Hi, i would like to buy a Cokin sunset filter and a ND filter. Are Cathay and Orient selling them? Which shop is the best to get them?

Quote Originally Posted by itsprettyboy View Post
    Hi, i would like to buy a Cokin sunset filter and a ND filter. Are Cathay and Orient selling them? Which shop is the best to get them?
    Why not go check both shop? One is Sim Lim another at Peninsula Plaza. They are not that far away... What if someone give you wrong info and you end up buying more expensively?

Well ok... are the both the only shops selling? i checked MS already dun have. Any other shops selling, i check them all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12