Thread: need advise on conversion lens.

Question need advise on conversion lens.

HI! i am a newbie and learning photography. i have a Nikon D60 and considering to get a wide angle lens. some shops tell me to get a conversion lens instead as it is a cheaper alternative. any advise? many thanks.

Default Re: need advise on conversion lens.

It may be cheaper but quality will not be able to be compared...

So choose 1, price or quality...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

don get the extension lens. i'd advise you to get the actual wide angle lens because conversion is just an attachment onto the current lens you have and it limits your usage, and u compromise the depth and apreture and stuff. so overall, value for money.

Question Re: need advise on conversion lens.

Quote Originally Posted by bensau2005 View Post
    HI! i am a newbie and learning photography. i have a Nikon D60 and considering to get a wide angle lens. some shops tell me to get a conversion lens instead as it is a cheaper alternative. any advise? many thanks.
    If in the end you do decide to get a conversion lens, don't get conned. There are a lot on sale here in CS and their value is 30-50SGD.
    Alpha

conversion lenses are for the PnS, NOT for DSLR. Dun get conned.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

thanks for the useful infos.

yeah i'm caught bet price & quality (budgetary constraints). i am actually going on holiday with my family in a week's time and as a tradition we take family photos with (all or whoever fits in the frame) relatives. space is always a challenge there. last year i used a compact camera. not good. this year i'm excited because of this new camera.

PnS... does that mean Point and Shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    conversion lenses are for the PnS, NOT for DSLR. Dun get conned.
    There are some made for DSLRs. One version is the Digital King DSW Pro 0.7x but it only works on 18-55mm lens.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

thanks for the useful infos.

yeah i'm caught bet price & quality (budgetary constraints). i am actually going on holiday with my family in a week's time and as a tradition we take family photos with (all or whoever fits in the frame) relatives. space is always a challenge there. last year i used a compact camera. not good. this year i'm excited because of this new camera.

PnS... does that mean Point and Shoot?
    Yes, PnS is Point and Shoot.

And seriously, if you have a D60, the kit lens should be wide enough for most of your needs.

Just remember to lug a good tripod along if you wish to be in the photo too...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Agree

You can also consider renting a lens for the period of the trip. See the Services Offered section for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Yes, PnS is Point and Shoot.

And seriously, if you have a D60, the kit lens should be wide enough for most of your needs.

Just remember to lug a good tripod along if you wish to be in the photo too...

i sure will bring a tripod... to DI myself in the photo afterwards is not an option.

anyways... TO ALL OF YOU... thanks all your helpful insights and option-opening suggestions.