Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you a one-camera person?

Default Re: Are you a one-camera person?

2 Olympus DSLR, 1 Canon SLR, 1 Nikon SLR, 1 Olympus XA2.

All not mine except 1 Olympus DSLR and XA2.

But I occasionally "steal" another Olympus DSLR for telephoto.

More convenient if 1 DSLR for wide angle, 1 DSLR for telephoto.

The XA2 I carry around with me, with slide film for x-pro.

...yup me too, I'm not a professional photographer, it's a hobby but somehow I manage to own several cameras at a time. I listed all the cameras I used to own up to now and I was shocked. From when I started this hobby about in 1984 till now I've own no less than 21 cameras mostly 35mm, a couple of rangefinders and some medium format equipments. I totalled up the money spent on equipment and it's a small fortune. Presently owning a dslr and still itching for a Lumix LX3.

Quote Originally Posted by temasek View Post
    ...yup me too, I'm not a professional photographer, it's a hobby but somehow I manage to own several cameras at a time. I listed all the cameras I used to own up to now and I was shocked. From when I started this hobby about in 1984 till now I've own no less than 21 cameras mostly 35mm, a couple of rangefinders and some medium format equipments. I totalled up the money spent on equipment and it's a small fortune. Presently owning a dslr and still itching for a Lumix LX3.
    Once I started taking stock then I realise how much have been spent on photography, and how many bodies are like bodies in a mortuary (dry box)! That made me rethink about my hobby.
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

Quote Originally Posted by Six-GHz View Post
    Once I started taking stock then I realise how much have been spent on photography, and how many bodies are like bodies in a mortuary (dry box)! That made me rethink about my hobby.
    Haha but these bodies can be revived from the dead.

For hobbyist it can be pretty tough to justify, since the only reward is the art you created.

Of course your boy will thank you for the DVD full of memories that you captured for him and family when he gets abit older. And when he needs them for his wedding montage :P

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Haha but these bodies can be revived from the dead.

For hobbyist it can be pretty tough to justify, since the only reward is the art you created.

Of course your boy will thank you for the DVD full of memories that you captured for him and family when he gets abit older. And when he needs them for his wedding montage :P

Ryan
    Mebbe and mebbe not... esp if there are funny pics of him in compromising situations...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Mebbe and mebbe not... esp if there are funny pics of him in compromising situations...
    Yea. and careful, cause he might take funny pics of you in compromising situations next time

Quote Originally Posted by Six-GHz View Post
    Most of the time it was just dreams that come and go. But sometimes, some products would come along and be a lingering nightmare - until I lay my hands on it!

That's good for you! Sometimes knowing a dSLR would be a better option but the bulk of it just puts me off, especially during simple outing for snapshot of kids and stuffs.

Wah bro, you good! But that's the magic of consumerism I guess!
    Just so the kids can learn to use too
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12