Thread: Looking for help on my senior thesis portfolio

kminna1123
    Guests

Default I am looking for help on my senior thesis project

Hi, I am a senior photography major at a university in Baltimore, Maryland. I am currently taking my senior thesis class and am doing a series of work where I need the public's help. It's working title is "Family Pictures Presentations." To give a little background to describe what I mean by Family Pictures Presentation: Until very recently, 20th century snapshots have been ignored, seen as slight adn unimportant, or poor quality and of value only to those who make use of them. However, over the last 20 years, personal pictures have become the center of a new sort of interest as the study of history itself has changed, and as working photographers have re-evaluated photographic practice. (excerpt from 'Sweet It Is To Scan' by Liz Wells). What I am looking for is for people to send me a snapshot, family picture or personal photograph from their life. It can be from 50 years ago or from recently. Along with it I would like a short text written by the submitter on a memory from that picture, something it reminds you of or what was going on in the picture. Instead of me presenting my own family I find it more interesting seeing how the rest of the United States lives and how these photographs we these millions of snapshots each day shape our life's history. These pictures will be used soley in my thesis class for this one presentation. If they could be submitted electronically through email that would be great. I would really appreicate any help I can get from my fellow photographers. The photographs can be sent to:emacdo2@umbc.edu Thanks so much, KMinna

kminna1123
    Guests

Default Looking for help on my senior thesis portfolio

Hi, I am a senior photography major at a university in Baltimore, Maryland. I am currently taking my senior thesis class and am doing a series of work where I need the public's help. It's working title is "Family Pictures Presentations." To give a little background to describe what I mean by Family Pictures Presentation: Until very recently, 20th century snapshots have been ignored, seen as slight adn unimportant, or poor quality and of value only to those who make use of them. However, over the last 20 years, personal pictures have become the center of a new sort of interest as the study of history itself has changed, and as working photographers have re-evaluated photographic practice. (excerpt from 'Sweet It Is To Scan' by Liz Wells). What I am looking for is for people to send me a snapshot, family picture or personal photograph from their life. It can be from 50 years ago or from recently. Along with it I would like a short text written by the submitter on a memory from that picture, something it reminds you of or what was going on in the picture. Instead of me presenting my own family I find it more interesting seeing how the rest of the United States lives and how these photographs we these millions of snapshots each day shape our life's history. These pictures will be used soley in my thesis class for this one presentation. If they could be submitted electronically through email that would be great. I would really appreicate any help I can get from my fellow photographers. The photographs can be sent to: emacdo2@umbc.edu. Thanks so much, KMinna

Quote Originally Posted by kminna1123
    Instead of me presenting my own family I find it more interesting seeing how the rest of the United States lives and how these photographs we these millions of snapshots each day shape our life's history.
    I think majority of clubsnappers are Singaporean (meaning from the country of Singapore.). Hope someone staying in US can help you.

Do share some photos with us in our various forums!

kminna1123
    Guests

Default I didn't realize....

I didn't realize that most of the people on the website were from Singapore. I would be more than happy to get help from anyone, from anywhere on this project. It can definitely be universal. I think everyone has family snapshots. It's a universal medium I think. It didn't strickly have to be from the U.S. which I did seem to imply mistakenly!! Sorry about that!!

kminna1123
    Guests

Default Sorry about that...

Hi, I have been informed by some very nice people that most of the people on this board are from Singapore. I am sorry for not realizing that and I would still like help from people on this forum if they are willing. I mistakenly implied that it had to be from the U.S but I think that photography and especially snapshot photography is universal. I would really like to see your submissions if you are able to help me out. Thanks and sorry about that!!

Threads merged. Kindly refrain from cross-posting.