Thread: Add border in one click?

Default Add border in one click?

Is there any program that allow me to add border to all my picture in just one click? It would be troublesome for me if I want to add border to let say 200pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix
    Is there any program that allow me to add border to all my picture in just one click? It would be troublesome for me if I want to add border to let say 200pictures.

Record an Action to record your border creation workflow. Follow by using the automate batch job to add the same flow to all the pics.

From the photoshop help file,

To create a new action:

1. Open a file.
    2. In the Actions palette, click the New Action button , or choose New Action from the palette menu.
    3. Enter a name for the action.
    4. (Photoshop) Choose a set from the pop-up menu.
    5. If desired, set one or both of the following options:
    -Assign a keyboard shortcut to the action. You can choose any combination of a Function key, the Ctrl key (Windows) or Command key (Mac OS), and the Shift key (for example, Ctrl+Shift+F3).
    - (Photoshop) Assign a color for display in Button Mode.

6. Click Record. The Record button in the Actions palette turns red round dot.

Important: When recording the Save As command, do not change the filename. If you enter a new filename, Photoshop records the filename and uses that filename each time you run the action. Before saving, if you navigate to a different folder, you can specify a different location without having to specify a filename.

7. Choose the commands, and perform the operations you want to record.
    8. To stop recording, click the Stop button, choose Stop Recording from the Actions palette menu, or press the Escape key. To resume recording in the same action, choose Start Recording from the Actions palette menu.

For batch job, you can search for "To batch-process files using the Batch command" in the help file.

Hope this helps.

Thanks togu. Will tried it out when I had time.

Default Yes, but...

I understand the border setup as well as recording an action. My problem is how to record the border size so it's always 10 pixels (and the pictures are different sizes). I cannot just change the border from 600 to 620 because if the next picture is 400, making it 620 would create an enourmous border. Using percentage is not an option either, any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by vojtab
    I understand the border setup as well as recording an action. My problem is how to record the border size so it's always 10 pixels (and the pictures are different sizes). I cannot just change the border from 600 to 620 because if the next picture is 400, making it 620 would create an enourmous border. Using percentage is not an option either, any advice?
    understand your problem, here's my solution:

http://www.oeyvind.org/board/zboard....=MacOSX&no=195

see here also for a modified script by areality:

http://www.oeyvind.org/board/zboard....=MacOSX&no=200

Will this work on Windows? I would like to have it if you don't mind. Can PM me the link where I can download this.

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    Will this work on Windows? I would like to have it if you don't mind. Can PM me the link where I can download this.
    It will work with PS CS on Mac or Windows... and PS 7 with scripting support installed.

Javascript was chosen because of its portability.

See above link for the script.

Thanks oeyvind. Will try it out tonight.

understand ur problem coz i face the same problem too!!

i get ard my problem by cropping all my pics in 3:2 ratio and changing their image size to a constant value (eg 10inches for height and 15inches for width and vice versa) so that the adding of borders will always be relative to the pics' size

juz my 2.5censt worth

Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind
    It will work with PS CS on Mac or Windows... and PS 7 with scripting support installed.

Javascript was chosen because of its portability.

See above link for the script.
    I got this error "Error 2:newWidth is undefined Line 49... "

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon
    I got this error "Error 2:newWidth is undefined Line 49... "
    For those that previous downloaded the web border script, pls kindly redownload it again.

I got mixed up in the variables in the published version, it should be fixed now

My sincere apology....
    Last edited by oeyvind; 27th July 2004 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind
    For those that previous downloaded the web border script, pls kindly redownload it again.

I got mixed up in the variables in the published version, it should be fixed now

My sincere apology....
    Thanks. It is working fine now.

Do you save and close in the recording?
    I tried but it always don't process out though the PS went through all the photos. Also the stroke dun turn out in the most outer white border.

Any idea what's the problem?
    I find that if i remove the first photo (the 1 which i use to record the process), the PS will also process differently (sorry it's hard to explain here ).

How abt on adobe elements?
    BTW how to add a border with a signature?

Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    How abt on adobe elements?
    BTW how to add a border with a signature?
    record down in action. and all things happen in juz 1 button!
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."